Jump to content
IGNORED

Black cart Sachen TC007 Master Hu and TC011 Chinese Kung Fu


tordur
 Share

Recommended Posts

Any input about a pricepoint on these two? 

Looking to sell eventually, but not having much luck sourcing info on eBay on black versions of these, and most of the TC011's are labeled Fighting Dragon, not Chinese Kung Fu

 

All input is appreciated

 

Thanks

IMG_20200404_141648.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn't expect to get a ton, especially just for the loose games.  Not many people collect these.  You can look at eBay sold prices to get an idea.  I have around 50 of them, almost all of them bought in the $25-75 range.  If you had the non-generic boxes, some people would pay a little more.  I'm missing TC011.  Shoot me a message if you're looking to sell.   

Edited by Noobguy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Noobguy Thanks for the feedback 🙂 I was under the impression they were much rarer, seeing as I couldn't find amy black cart versions on neither eBay nor VGPC...?

Unlicensed games have never been my forté though, so I'll have to take your word for it 🙂

 

 

 

 

Edited by tordur
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, tordur said:

@Noobguy Thanks for the feedback 🙂 I was under the impression they were much rarer, seeing as I couldn't find amy black cart versions on neither eBay nor VGPC...?

Unlicensed games have never beeny forté though, so I'll have to take your word for it 🙂

 

 

 

 

Where are you seeing ones that aren't black?  All the ones on eBay and the ones I own are black cartridges.  Actually, one or two might be dark gray, but I think most of mine are black.  I don't know how truly rare they are.  They do seem a little difficult to come by, but that's also possibly because not many people are interested in these.  Where did you find these at?  I hope to eventually get a full set one day.  Some dude was selling a complete set a handful of years ago on NA, and I saw another set sold on eBay for $3500 I think.     

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Noobguy said:

Where are you seeing ones that aren't black?  All the ones on eBay and the ones I own are black cartridges.  Actually, one or two might be dark gray, but I think most of mine are black.  I don't know how truly rare they are.  They do seem a little difficult to come by, but that's also possibly because not many people are interested in these.  Where did you find these at?  I hope to eventually get a full set one day.  Some dude was selling a complete set a handful of years ago on NA, and I saw another set sold on eBay for $3500 I think.     

I'm only seeing blue ones of Master Chu (Color dreams version). VGPC doesn't seem to have any recording of a black one. GVN has one recorded black cart, but that's a black color dreams one https://www.ebay.com/itm/283298474888 

Hence why I'm a bit of a loss. 

I agree that probably very few people might care. But I've lucked out a couple of times before with unlicensed black carts; I have a black cart CIB Menace Beach as well, which appears to be hight priced than its' blue counterpart. 

But again, I'm not very familiar with the unlicensed scene and all its' quirks 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow, that was a long half hour, sorry 😛

Anyways, judging by your username, are you from the Scandinavian / Nordic region by chance? The reason I ask is because a lot of (original print) Sachen games seemed to have turned up there, I've even seen some catalogues / newspaper adverts for these carts in Finland, yeah I know it's not Scandinavia but it's still in close proximity.

The Sachen versions of the games are much, much rarer than the Color Dreams versions, especially the original prints. Based on an advert I came across once, it appears that Sachen attempted to self-publish their games abroad, worldwide, figuring that Taiwanese abroad would import and sell their games. While a few carts has turned up in the United States, for example, the number was quite few, suggesting that they might have been sold in Chinatowns or something like that , in a limited manner. Thus Color Dreams and American Video Entertainment eventually would go on to publish some of the games in the States, getting a much wider distribution (hence why the Sachen versions are rarer).

In Europe I've seen original print Sachens turning up mostly in Scandinavia, though some were also distributed specifically for the Italian and (West) German market. And Ive heard rumours that some made it to the middle East as well, though I haven't seen evidence yet to confirm this or deny it.

Therefore I reckon that what you've got are the original prints. Why this is important is because later, around 2002 or so, a few collectors (primarily from the USA) imported and resold the entire catalogue of Sachen games , generally on forums and eBay, generally as sets or in groups. While some were leftover stock from the old days, Sachen quickly ran out and started releasing more carts to satisfy demands, in generic boxes, sometimes with whatever labels they had lying around, etc. These are much much easier to find than the original prints, since they were sold to collectors directly, to be collected basically.

For values, of course they'd have more value with the boxes, but it also depends on the quality and rarity of the games. Master Chu was a local hit, Chinese Kung Fu was an unofficial sequel to Double Dragon, without any NES release other than the Sachen release. I'd definitely start these at no less than $75 each, if pricing them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, tordur said:

I'm only seeing blue ones of Master Chu (Color dreams version). VGPC doesn't seem to have any recording of a black one. GVN has one recorded black cart, but that's a black color dreams one https://www.ebay.com/itm/283298474888 

Hence why I'm a bit of a loss. 

I agree that probably very few people might care. But I've lucked out a couple of times before with unlicensed black carts; I have a black cart CIB Menace Beach as well, which appears to be hight priced than its' blue counterpart. 

But again, I'm not very familiar with the unlicensed scene and all its' quirks 🙂

Ah, I see where the confusion is.  Yeah, none of the price charting websites list Sachen games.  Gamevaluenow said they would be open to listing them, but not sure what happened. 

 

Sachen self-published a large number of games and licensed out many of them to others publishers. AVE/Color Dreams, Milmar in Brazil, and HES in Australia.  Games published by other companies are going to look different.   

 

Here is Silent Assault for example

Sachen

spacer.png

 

Milmar

spacer.pngspacer.png

 

Color Dreams:

spacer.png

 

HES:

spacer.pngspacer.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Anyways, judging by your username, are you from the Scandinavian / Nordic region by chance?

 

Well spotted, I did indeed pick these up in Denmark

@fcgamer and @Noobguy Thanks to the both of you for your inputs - A lot of interesting things; I had no idea that Sachens were distributed so widely under so many various names, nor did I have any idea, that they were easier to find in some regions than in others.

Really interesting stuff - Thanks 🙂

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...