IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Adventure Island

BeaIank

Administrator · Posted

Skateboard is almost always a hindrance when going for points. When simply playing the game for fun however, it's a pretty fun mechanic with the added benefit of saving you if you get hit (and potentially then tossing you into another enemy or chasm!). Fun stuff.

Don't you get a points bonus for clearing a level with the skateboard in AI2?  It's been so long but I seem to recall that.

If you're trying to speedrun Adventure Island then you'd want to use the skateboard, and it does give an extra hit point. But I always avoid it.

As classic as this game is I never took it home from the rental store back in the day, I played part 2 for the contest years ago on emulation but this is the first time playing this for real. It's not bad for a third party title. Controls a little loose but it plays well. Not Konami or Capcom quality game but pretty fun

9 minutes ago, TWarwick07 said:

As classic as this game is I never took it home from the rental store back in the day, I played part 2 for the contest years ago on emulation but this is the first time playing this for real. It's not bad for a third party title. Controls a little loose but it plays well. Not Konami or Capcom quality game but pretty fun

It's excellent for a game that was originally released in 1986. It's better quality than Capcom stuff from around that time such as Commando and Ghosts n Goblins.

The scores this week don't seem to be as clear-cut as last week. Early leaders are @mbd39, @Richardhead, and @bertsampson who have all cracked the 100k mark! This weeks winner very well may be decided by patience and time invested.

Ninji tip #1: What goes up but doesn't come down? Catch a ride for a bonus round!

• Like 1