Jump to content
IGNORED

CCG/TCG Thread


KokiriChild
 Share

Recommended Posts

Does anyone here play competitive collectible card games, ala Magic, Hearthstone, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh? I play most of them, though Magic and Pokemon most seriously. Would love to discuss the games as well as find people to play with online - especially considering all tournaments are cancelled due to Uncle COVID.

Collectors feel free to come and discuss too! 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I use to play yugioh, pokemon, and cardfight. I sold it all, but started rebuilding again mostly fun decks. I started yugioh back when only LoB was released and left when god awful Link format started. I was even at Worlds in Vegas back in like 12’ I think? 
 

Fun decks are way cheaper.

(pre new gen) cfv: Blau, Luard, and Regalia.

Working on yugioh: black luster soldier super soldier, madolche, dark magician.

 

Edited by Gundam00
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted

I use to really be into the original Star Wars game, and I gave the original DBZ game a good try.  I only stopped playing those types of games because I don't have friends that play them any more.

Oh, and I use to be into Heroclix too.  I have a bunch of the first series Marvel and DC ones.  I always. thought they were cool, even as shelf candy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dbz tcg died.

But, there is a new one called Dragonball Super. My friend plays it and likes it so far. We’ll see if it survives this break. They had pretty decent tournament turnouts...no yugioh/mtg/pokemon.

 

I always wanted to try force of will. But the game is such a cluster due to the horrid previous company decisions and new management messing up right off the bat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Gundam00 said:

I use to play yugioh, pokemon, and cardfight. I sold it all, but started rebuilding again mostly fun decks. I started yugioh back when only LoB was released and left when god awful Link format started. I was even at Worlds in Vegas back in like 12’ I think? 
 

Fun decks are way cheaper.

(pre new gen) cfv: Blau, Luard, and Regalia.

Working on yugioh: black luster soldier super soldier, madolche, dark magician.

 

Master Rule 5 seems promising. No more Links needed for anything except Pendulums. Let me know if you'd ever wanna play some Goat format 🙂

I've never played Cardfight, Force of Will, or Dragonball Super. Is Naruto TCG still a thing? I know that had a decent player base at one point in time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, KokiriChild said:

Master Rule 5 seems promising. No more Links needed for anything except Pendulums. Let me know if you'd ever wanna play some Goat format 🙂

I've never played Cardfight, Force of Will, or Dragonball Super. Is Naruto TCG still a thing? I know that had a decent player base at one point in time.

 

I skipped Pendulums. That was the start of the decline for me and link caused me to leave. Once the field started to change and the new mechanics changed certain types of gameplay...it didn't feel like yugioh anymore. 

Goat format, to me, is overrated. To me, instead of playing against spyral....you're just play against goat control.  It's really no different. I found the best way to play is just to create decks and not focus on the meta. During the real goat I ran both Warrior and Dragon decks with tops. There's a lot of youtubers that highlight the non-meta decks you can make. 

Naruto TCG is probably dead. I never saw any locals playing it. 

Cardfight is interesting. There are no non-monster cards except the gifts.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/29/2020 at 1:43 PM, Nintegageo said:

MtG is the only other thing I really collect/play other than video games. I just play Old School variants at this point though as they ruined the game both aesthetically and mechanically.

I know quite a few mtg players. All of them stopped playing standard years ago. They mostly play modern and commander now.

They all said the same thing. Standard was boring and the new cards were meh now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find MtG to still be fun, personally, but they have been a little lackluster these past few sets. With the exception of the latest one, Master Sets got way, way out of hand as well. Iconic Masters had all but three cards you actually wanted to pull. 

I personally love draft. Limited is my all time favorite format for most CCGs, but especially Magic. No one tends to wanna play that compared to constructed, though 😕

But yes, if you aren't looking to attend the tournament circuit and just want to play the best casual Magic you can on your kitchen table or local game store, invest in Commander. It is easily the most fun, creative, and widely played of the constructed formats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Not really, but I love the LCG for Lord of the Rings.  It's a solitaire/cooperative game where you're trying to beat scenarios.

I've heard multiple people talk all about this game and swear by it. I really wanna try it. I loved Marvel Legends when I played it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

I couldn't find a better thread so I had to revive this one 😅

This is one of the first graded cards I purchased and still cannot imagine selling it! Part of the Crystal-type group of Pokemon from the Aquapolis and Skyridge sets (9 in total). This card has the second lowest PSA 10 to 'total graded' ratio, which could imply that it is the second hardest to achieve a 10. Also, I love the early 2000s wonky CGI 3D graphics.

194823333_10215737900640070_2825093807535072530_n.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Insane how much one year can change. Haven't touched any of these games since the start of the pandemic. I do miss them, though!

I also casually collect Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, but the prices are insane right now with the influx of collectors and grading, so I don't really buy anything at the moment. It's actually pretty crazy how similar the markets for retro games and Pokemon cards have been lately. 

5 hours ago, goonhoon said:

I couldn't find a better thread so I had to revive this one 😅

This is one of the first graded cards I purchased and still cannot imagine selling it! Part of the Crystal-type group of Pokemon from the Aquapolis and Skyridge sets (9 in total). This card has the second lowest PSA 10 to 'total graded' ratio, which could imply that it is the second hardest to achieve a 10. Also, I love the early 2000s wonky CGI 3D graphics.

Nice card! I love the e-Reader sets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/28/2020 at 11:05 PM, KokiriChild said:

Does anyone here play competitive collectible card games, ala Magic, Hearthstone, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh? I play most of them, though Magic and Pokemon most seriously. Would love to discuss the games as well as find people to play with online - especially considering all tournaments are cancelled due to Uncle COVID.

Collectors feel free to come and discuss too! 🙂

If you wanted to play some constructed standard decks on MTG Arena you should drop @nettenettea DM with your Arena ID.  She plays regularly and she comes up with some pretty damn good decks.  I imagine she wouldn't mind showing off some of her creations to someone else beside me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

If you wanted to play some constructed standard decks on MTG Arena you should drop @nettenettea DM with your Arena ID.  She plays regularly and she comes up with some pretty damn good decks.  I imagine she wouldn't mind showing off some of her creations to someone else beside me.

I shall do that!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...