IGNORED

Animal Crossing: New Horizons!

Skorp

I've put up a toy tire thing, the bouncy spring horse I was given, a town clock, drinking fountain, a trash can I received, and also a covered well.  I also used some fence piece left overs to bracket the plaza and put flowers within those too which looks nice and guards them from walkers.

Today I got the recipe from the vending machine for a fountain so that'll come next and started work on natural ramp 2 (I like that vs the others.)  I barely touched it today, did the x2-x5 rewards to start, bought a ticket, and did the usual fast run harvesting fruits and fossils.  I started 15min left on the clock before the kids closed the shop as I got caught playing Everspace in my GoG account which I hadn't touched since last year. 😄

I do so want Godzilla ever since I saw that.

Was fun being on @Fleck586 island today! We were able to bring luck to one another and caught every fish we were missing including Golden Trout. This is really fun!

Just note to everyone that you can't trade fish or bugs. It's made so that everyone has to catch them on their own.

Edited by Skorp

14 hours ago, Fleck586 said:

Funny, I had the exact same experience last night.  I got a bamboo island and came back with an inventory full of Atlas moths, Jewel Beetles and Tarantulas and made over $150K with Flick.  Isabelle was real cryptic until I put out enough stuff like swings and a lighthouse and Godzilla, a bunch of yard art type stuff. That's when my Island bumped up to a 2 star rating and she started getting a lot more specific.  She told me to plant flowers, plant saplings, clean up weeds.  So I did all that, planting about 20 flowers and 5 saplings, and picking up 100 weeds, and my island bumped up to 3 stars.  The next morning, KK was there and I got the credits.  Now I have an app that I can make paths and change landscapes.  The upgrades cost 6000 bells to do rivers or cliffs, then the path options cost 2000 bells each.  I now have every bug that I know of that is available to this point except for a snail.  Waiting for rain for that one, apparently.  I still need a Barreleye and a Golden Trout for known fish.  I've wasted well over 400 baits going after that damned trout.  I have two pools on top and I've fished both of them as well as their 2nd level rivers and nothing except a ton of Cherry Salmon, Dace, and Char.  I've abandoned the Barreleye until I get the Trout.

Lmao wow and then we both get Golden Trout just like that today lol and your Barreleye. Then I got my Tuna and Snapping Turtle and Golden Trout, which was what I needed. Seems like doing it with friends makes your luck or chance higher, or just some coincidence.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Skorp said:

Lmao wow and then we both get Golden Trout just like that today lol and your Barreleye. Then I got my Tuna and Snapping Turtle and Golden Trout, which was what I needed. Seems like doing it with friends makes your luck or chance higher, or just some coincidence.

That was seriously a ton of fun!  If you haven't had the opportunity to play with someone, I suggest taking the time.  It's not the most robust online experience, but it's really cool seeing someone come through the gates at your airport for the first time.  You don't really get to interact much, but it was fun showing off my island, house, and town and then coop fishing was real cool.  Especially with the luck we were both having.  Just giving each other reactions when we each caught our fish made the game feel less isolated.  Each of us covering a different side of the island to mine bait for fishing felt very team oriented and worked, obviously.  I'd like to think the game rewarded us for our team play by giving us all the fish we were missing.  That was so cool.  Poor Skorp came looking for a tuna and what was the very first thing I pulled out of the water?  A freaking Tuna!!  LOL!  I thought he was going to die.  I laughed so hard.  Then like three casts later, he caught his and I caught my Barreleye.  So, then I thought "Why not see if this luck continues on the Golden Trout?"  Within 10 minutes, we each had one and Skorp caught his Snapping Turtle.  That was really fun.

I assume you need to have a Nintendo online subscription to visit other islands or have people come to yours?  

I've been playing on our secondary switch due to the lame one island and island representative per switch, and of course my online account is tied to the other switch.

1 hour ago, B.A. said:

I assume you need to have a Nintendo online subscription to visit other islands or have people come to yours?  

I've been playing on our secondary switch due to the lame one island and island representative per switch, and of course my online account is tied to the other switch.

Good question.  I don't think so.  I do have an online subscription, but it doesn't ask for that.  You might just try it.  I'm happy to send you a code to see if it works.  I'm on right now.  PM me if you want to try

I’ve really been having fun taking liberties with outdoor decorating. I put a flower bed, fence, and some trees around my resident building. Put a garden area with some benches in the middle of a cluster of houses. Next to one of the waterfalls, I put a stone tablet, some zen fencing, and flowers and made a zen garden. I love the freedom to decorate in this game. The last AC I played heavily was Wild World and this was before all of the outdoor customization was introduced.

15 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I do so want Godzilla ever since I saw that

I just got him today. I placed him on the beach on the back left corner of my island, looking like he’s rising out of the ocean. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Strangest said:

I’ve really been having fun taking liberties with outdoor decorating. I put a flower bed, fence, and some trees around my resident building. Put a garden area with some benches in the middle of a cluster of houses. Next to one of the waterfalls, I put a stone tablet, some zen fencing, and flowers and made a zen garden. I love the freedom to decorate in this game. The last AC I played heavily was Wild World and this was before all of the outdoor customization was introduced.

I just got him today. I placed him on the beach on the back left corner of my island, looking like he’s rising out of the ocean. 

You just gave me an idea.  I have this strange isolated tiny strip of beach center on my island at the top, rocks to both sides and locked down by the hilly range so it's like inaccessible.  That would be a fantastic place for one of those like it's coming out of the water to smash through the hills to town.  I should fire the game up here shortly given the shop closes in just over an hour.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tanooki said:

You just gave me an idea.  I have this strange isolated tiny strip of beach center on my island at the top, rocks to both sides and locked down by the hilly range so it's like inaccessible.  That would be a fantastic place for one of those like it's coming out of the water to smash through the hills to town.  I should fire the game up here shortly given the shop closes in just over an hour.

I put two 2 palm trees there to look like the beach scene between Link and Marin from Link's Awakening. I wish I could fit a log bench between them.

I guess those are the two I'm missing, peach and orange.

And speaking of guessing, I'm wondering if it's just bad luck or if just certain games spawn less of certain things.  Despite it being the month for them I rarely if ever find tarantulas both on my main land, or when I go to the little islands even following that procedure to help them spawn.  I'm about to where I'll just give up, I mean I don't care wasting that much time with no return on the money for loss doing something else instead.  I have the dumb thing in my museum already anyway so it's not going to cost me that.  Also during this event I haven't got any sakura prints at all, it just keeps dropping those hideous bunny egg print things.

5 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I guess those are the two I'm missing, peach and orange.

And speaking of guessing, I'm wondering if it's just bad luck or if just certain games spawn less of certain things.  Despite it being the month for them I rarely if ever find tarantulas both on my main land, or when I go to the little islands even following that procedure to help them spawn.  I'm about to where I'll just give up, I mean I don't care wasting that much time with no return on the money for loss doing something else instead.  I have the dumb thing in my museum already anyway so it's not going to cost me that.  Also during this event I haven't got any sakura prints at all, it just keeps dropping those hideous bunny egg print things.

I do believe it is so random. I actually haven't seen any tarantulas for 3 days now. Not one. Yet the 4th day before it there were 3 of them on my island.

Edit: LOL so after posting this not like 3 minutes later and I see a tarantula just pop up! xD

So, just got a second floor room in my house at last!

Edited by Skorp

I know it's all around for fishing as I remember earlier in the week it being brought up.  I'm kind of not in the mood as I imagine to win takes a good many hours worth of catching stuff and trying to get the biggest, rarest, the most, or whatever to qualify.  I may peek at it in a bit but I've oddly been playing some of my old systems today and did like nearly an hour on Faxanadu and poked a little at that sega mini thing too from last christmas.  Either way AC will get some use today.

Its all based on how many fish you catch not which ones. You can catch a bunch of horse mackerel and it would be the same. You need 300 points for the gold trophy. I'm at 120ish. Going for all the gifts and the silver trophy [200 point]. Don't know if I will go all the way to gold.

A couple different sites say the quality of the fish don't matter, just quantity. You need 300 points at the end of the day to get the trophy, and each fish is 1 point for the first 3 and 2 points for fish after that in each round.

After some rough calculations, I'm guessing IF you had 2 good rods, 200 pieces of bait, and 17k bells in your inventory, you could get it done in 2-2.5 hours. Of course it would take half the day just to get that much bait... If only there was batch crafting.

28 minutes ago, Aguy said:

A couple different sites say the quality of the fish don't matter, just quantity. You need 300 points at the end of the day to get the trophy, and each fish is 1 point for the first 3 and 2 points for fish after that in each round.

After some rough calculations, I'm guessing IF you had 2 good rods, 200 pieces of bait, and 17k bells in your inventory, you could get it done in 2-2.5 hours. Of course it would take half the day just to get that much bait... If only there was batch crafting.

Its actually 1 point per fish and a bonus 2 points if you catch at least three fish. So I go for 8 fish at least giving me 10 points. If you catch every fish and don't miss, that's 240 baits it would take to get to 300 points. I've been getting lucky and finding at least 1 fish near where I go on the beach so I've been getting 11 points a lot.

Edited by Fleck586

28 minutes ago, Fleck586 said:

Its actually 1 point per fish and a bonus 2 points if you catch at least three fish. So I go for 8 fish at least giving me 10 points. If you catch every fish and don't miss, that's 240 baits it would take to get to 300 points. I've been getting lucky and finding at least 1 fish near where I go on the beach so I've been getting 11 points a lot.

Did you catch any of these kind? 😄 

And I'm glad you're doing better than this guy (who looks exactly like my former teacher who most inspired me to go to UK! 😄 ); looks like hell is all he's catching! 😄 

• Haha 1

So bait is required?  I never use the stuff as it's a pain to get enough of it to matter let alone the one at a time crafting.  I usually just run along the waters, then move to the edge and throw a line and I've not missed one since like the first day or two I played the game.

6 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

So bait is required?  I never use the stuff as it's a pain to get enough of it to matter let alone the one at a time crafting.  I usually just run along the waters, then move to the edge and throw a line and I've not missed one since like the first day or two I played the game.

I don't think it would be possible to catch at least 8 fish in 3 minutes without bait, but maybe...

*edit* I guess you could do it without bait and just pay more money catching less fish. Now that I think about it, with the time it takes to find and make bait, it might not take longer, just more money. But, since the fish guy is paying 150% of normal value, who cares? I might try that run and see what happens.

Edited by Fleck586

I always do fishing and digging the clams at the same time. I put DIY workshops on each beach and just do it along the way, so it does add up fast as you are catching fish and collecting shells and hermit crabs. Then when you get full, make the bait and repeat until you need to store. Just works out for me. I do wish they make it at least 5 bait each time hopefully one day an update as that is one of the most requested updates.