IGNORED

Animal Crossing: New Horizons!

Skorp

As far as fruit goes I've got apples, and I have no idea how other than dumb luck, but somehow I ended up with 3 cherries, and they made for 3 nice trees thankfully.

I've never seen anything but apples on my islands, probably so you're forced to open your gate to strangers to get the trades.  One of the nook rewards is as much that because you get one stamp for each fruit (plus the island coconut) you plant so I have 3 badges on that.

I decided to not night play for once earlier, it was a mixed bag.  I got a couple new bugs, no new fish, because really that easter event (bunny day) polluted the game a bit too much.  I fished, I got the worst of the commons and then eggs.  Eggs also ate up as many spots or more than fossils too.  And I was like whatever when I had done all the usual rounds I do so far, and did a nook ticket.  Guess what?  JUNK, literal junk.  Every fish stream or sea was literal junk, or another egg, seriously.  I got po'd and returned, saved it and bailed.  Before flying out I had paid my small house off for upgrades and setup a slope to build for easy walks up onto the first tier of my high areas.  I was wanting to pay that off as I had put in a bit (need another 50-70k I forget) and was going to fish that off.  Hopefully tomorrow isn't a repeat of fishy eggs and actual garbage. 😞

I must have gotten lucky in regards to the eggs.  Tom Nooks upgraded resident center (or whatever he calls it) got completed on April 1st, so that was the big news.  I didn't have any easter stuff, and haven't found any eggs. 

I am just not going to fish the medium shadow anymore as that seems the one with the eggs. Just will go after the smaller and larger ones. Today though I think an update was done and now the eggs are less during fishing so not sure if that was the update.

Also just put our flag up! Island Saiyans welcomes you all. 😄

91711721_2859733874142553_23770432934196

Edited by Skorp
  • Like 1

Shadow doesn't matter it's any size.  There was an update to 1.13a overnight.  Maybe my luck, or they did some tweaking, but I got a lot less eggs today thankfully.  I actually was able to fish up like a half dozen new underwater finds for the museum and 1-2 for bugs too.  I paid off my ramp and dealt with the new campsite visitor.  I paid the 10K to setup a 2nd house for someone to find eventually as a visitor which I get a cut of, and the visitor at the camp was this darker colored cat with specs and I talked him into moving and Tom oddly didn't screw me on that one and gave me a free space to just give him a home without making me farm stuff and make all sorts of goods like the first three which was a nice break.

31 minutes ago, Galdius said:

And I can’t stand those eggs. They’re everywhere. They’re making me playing less, sadly.

I started using bait when I want to fish, at least until the 12th. After that last update the egg rate is slightly lower. It is only half now. On 1 Apr my egg catch rate was 70% or more. 

I figured it why I haven't been cursed eith eggs. The switch I'm playing on doesn't have a Nintendo account tied to it. I have two switches, one usually only my kids use. I've been playing on that one because of the stupid 1st player is the only one that can advance the story thing. Anyway, evidently "events" don't trigger if you aren't online.

I've got at least 30 of each egg. I'm only missing 1 bug, that moth that only apears on trees, and three fish, Golden trout, surgeonfish, and barreleye. I've added a second room to my house after upgrading the size and added 2 bridges and 6 inclines so I never have to use my ladder again. Lol! And I've set up a little park on my island, put out a lifeguard stand and a lighthouse. And I've got 8 neighbors at this point. Once I get those last fish, I will focus on more of the island decorating. From what I've read, once KK shows up, you are allowed to completely terraform your island. I'm looking forward to that!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fleck586 said:

I've got at least 30 of each egg. I'm only missing 1 bug, that moth that only apears on trees, and three fish, Golden trout, surgeonfish, and barreleye. I've added a second room to my house after upgrading the size and added 2 bridges and 6 inclines so I never have to use my ladder again. Lol! And I've set up a little park on my island, put out a lifeguard stand and a lighthouse. And I've got 8 neighbors at this point. Once I get those last fish, I will focus on more of the island decorating. From what I've read, once KK shows up, you are allowed to completely terraform your island. I'm looking forward to that!

Whoa really that's awesome! I'm missing a ton of stuff still and pretty much all of them are from the Southern hemisphere as I am sure I have everything so far with the current season of March and April in North including that moth and all those new butterflies. I've caught like 7 Barreleyes so far too and only 1 Tuna. Need one more Tuna for museum and probably missed a chance too as I was running to the pier and saw a giant shadow, but it escaped. Just glad they quickly updated the egg thing as I was able to fish normally today and catch a ton of expensive fish.

So my house has 3 rooms plus the main room and now building like a little residential area on the other side for all the new people coming. Gave them their own backyards, trees, and furniture too. Also got that Godzilla statue in my yard. Making a forest as well with a fountain in the middle. Loving this.

Edited by Skorp

5 hours ago, Skorp said:

Whoa really that's awesome! I'm missing a ton of stuff still and pretty much all of them are from the Southern hemisphere as I am sure I have everything so far with the current season of March and April in North including that moth and all those new butterflies. I've caught like 7 Barreleyes so far too and only 1 Tuna. Need one more Tuna for museum and probably missed a chance too as I was running to the pier and saw a giant shadow, but it escaped. Just glad they quickly updated the egg thing as I was able to fish normally today and catch a ton of expensive fish.

So my house has 3 rooms plus the main room and now building like a little residential area on the other side for all the new people coming. Gave them their own backyards, trees, and furniture too. Also got that Godzilla statue in my yard. Making a forest as well with a fountain in the middle. Loving this.

I should have qualified better that I've got everything available in the Northern Hemisphere except those. I've caught at least a dozen Tuna. I will trade you a tuna for a barreleye? Also starting to think about breeding flowers. I got a random black tulip and couldn't figure out how until I read that I accidentally did a real thing. 

I got lucky today and hit an island that was a fruit island, got a big big pile of pears, though I did plant 6 to start my own little cash turn over.  I don't recall what I had the other day, and before that to start were those found cherries.  I got a new one in town that moved in direct from the campsite, this kind of hipster-ish cat that tries to act superior but clings on to whatever you say is your interest like it's trendy.

14 hours ago, Fleck586 said:

I should have qualified better that I've got everything available in the Northern Hemisphere except those. I've caught at least a dozen Tuna. I will trade you a tuna for a barreleye? Also starting to think about breeding flowers. I got a random black tulip and couldn't figure out how until I read that I accidentally did a real thing. 

Ah gotcha. Yeah sure would do that trade! I do have an extra one right now in storage. Barreleyes for me have mostly appeared around 2 - 4 am for some reason.

So today's update got the 7th person moved in and the clothes shop being opened and paid off first brick bridge ready for tomorrow! Also unlocked Amiibo move-ins so gonna go see which characters I want to add to the game and buy the Amiibo for them. Still a bit pissed I did not buy that Animal Crossing Nintendo Switch. Hope it will show up again. I also bought some Turnips and accidentally ate them instead of storing them so that sucks that I have to wait another week now...

8 hours ago, Skorp said:

Ah gotcha. Yeah sure would do that trade! I do have an extra one right now in storage. Barreleyes for me have mostly appeared around 2 - 4 am for some reason.

So today's update got the 7th person moved in and the clothes shop being opened and paid off first brick bridge ready for tomorrow! Also unlocked Amiibo move-ins so gonna go see which characters I want to add to the game and buy the Amiibo for them. Still a bit pissed I did not buy that Animal Crossing Nintendo Switch. Hope it will show up again. I also bought some Turnips and accidentally ate them instead of storing them so that sucks that I have to wait another week now...

Sweet!  Anything else you are missing?  I still need a surgeonfish too.  Let's try to coordinate  a time to meet up at one another's islands and trade.

Huh it has an ending of some sort eh?

I did 2 tickets today beyond the usual rounds.  First one was the rare-ish bell island with the 5 rocks loaded with coin that paid nicely.  Second I got a normal one, did some tips I picked up and I was able to increase the shot of having big moths show up on trees, which adde dup, but it was meant more for tarantulas but the things oddly didn't spawn as it is still a luck thing.  Some video popped up saying you could rack up a million bells which gave me the idea, but in the end it's a pain in the ass and kind of defeats the fun of exploration and taking time with it.  I don't see me racking up like a 100 of the beasties in little boxes even if they are worth 8K a piece.

1 hour ago, Skorp said:

That's weird. Did you get KK to the island?

Yes I did. It wasn't hard once I understood what Isabelle was saying to do. I went to 2 stars, then planted a bunch of flowers and trees and got to 3 stars and Tom went crazy and KK showed up the next morning and credits rolled. Now I have the island editor and spent about 20K miles on customization stuff.

• Like 1

Isabelle isn't one to be direct, so whatever the deal is, it'll happen when it happens I guess.

Today I did the usual, but I got lucky.  That little pink dragon showed up Flick.  I did a ticket and ended up on a bamboo island.  Despite not wanting to do that carving out garbage, bugs don't pop up bamboo, so I just pulled the weeds and flowers, dumped that in the sand, broke the rocks too for the same, and if I heard chirps I dug out the space for the bug and eventually, slowly, atlas moths popped up.  I had around 20 of them and a tarantula that popped up and the little guy paid me over a 100k for my bugs.  Paid off the remainder of bridge #2 (stone) and most the mortgage (60k remains.)  He said he's around until 5am but I'm not in the mood to milk more money out of the game.

12 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Isabelle isn't one to be direct, so whatever the deal is, it'll happen when it happens I guess.

Today I did the usual, but I got lucky.  That little pink dragon showed up Flick.  I did a ticket and ended up on a bamboo island.  Despite not wanting to do that carving out garbage, bugs don't pop up bamboo, so I just pulled the weeds and flowers, dumped that in the sand, broke the rocks too for the same, and if I heard chirps I dug out the space for the bug and eventually, slowly, atlas moths popped up.  I had around 20 of them and a tarantula that popped up and the little guy paid me over a 100k for my bugs.  Paid off the remainder of bridge #2 (stone) and most the mortgage (60k remains.)  He said he's around until 5am but I'm not in the mood to milk more money out of the game.

Funny, I had the exact same experience last night.  I got a bamboo island and came back with an inventory full of Atlas moths, Jewel Beetles and Tarantulas and made over $150K with Flick.  Isabelle was real cryptic until I put out enough stuff like swings and a lighthouse and Godzilla, a bunch of yard art type stuff. That's when my Island bumped up to a 2 star rating and she started getting a lot more specific.  She told me to plant flowers, plant saplings, clean up weeds.  So I did all that, planting about 20 flowers and 5 saplings, and picking up 100 weeds, and my island bumped up to 3 stars.  The next morning, KK was there and I got the credits.  Now I have an app that I can make paths and change landscapes.  The upgrades cost 6000 bells to do rivers or cliffs, then the path options cost 2000 bells each.  I now have every bug that I know of that is available to this point except for a snail.  Waiting for rain for that one, apparently.  I still need a Barreleye and a Golden Trout for known fish.  I've wasted well over 400 baits going after that damned trout.  I have two pools on top and I've fished both of them as well as their 2nd level rivers and nothing except a ton of Cherry Salmon, Dace, and Char.  I've abandoned the Barreleye until I get the Trout.