IGNORED

Dining out/takeout in the brave new world of corona.

Tabonga

On 3/22/2020 at 12:07 PM, zombiemicrowave said:

One thing I have seen a lot is people suggesting purchasing gift cards from local restaurants to help them now and to dine a later.  🙂 

On 3/22/2020 at 12:11 PM, Tabonga said:

A big drawback to that is if  the place goes under - then you are out of luck on the money spent for the gift card.

And to further push this point of trouble, imagine now that your restaurant is back open you need money flowing in ASAP ... but wait, you've got $3000 in gift cards being claimed.  Yikes.  More problems after the fact.  I don't quite agree with this method myself.  

This whole thing has hit pretty close to home for my wife and I.  She is deep in the restaurant game and we are watching so many of our Seattle counterparts suffer from these closures/restrictions.  Doing the take out thing is great in idea, but it's not sustainable for most businesses I can guarantee that.   And once your state hits the unnecessary travel bans, it will get even worse before it gets better.  Crazy times these days. 

• Like 1

Yep, the new age. Lots of restaurants that closed have opened up again and doing the take out/curbside pick up now. Did support North Italia a few days ago. Just have to do what you can to help them especially the smaller restaurants, but a lot of them unfortunately probably aren't able to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Tacos El Matate

Al Pastor fries. 
I have been doing a lot of takeout. I’m still working and can afford to. I have stopped (for the most part) buying games I’m order to do this. Many friends that are on hard times right now. While I can’t really do much to help them, I can still support small business, I am after all also small business.

image.jpg

• Wow! 1

We continue to do take out and eat in the back of our Pilot when we need to get out. Had pizza from this place for the first time last night, we knew they made good sandwiches and they just started having pizza, really good!

Its a local Italian place so of course I also stocked up on about $50 worth of frozen homemade raviolis, chicken parm, linguine, and marinara sauce 🙂

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 1