IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Star Force

BeaIank

My issue is my finger speed on my right hand has always been very slow so am not fast enough to kill everything or unable to destroy a lot of barrier item thingies quick enough, so then I change the control layout and flip my 360 controller upsidedown so that I can use the d-pad or analog stick with my right hand (for some reason the emulator doesn't recognize the right stick otherwise I would be able to hold the controller normally) and have super fast shooting using the lightning quick left hand fingers, but then sacrifice control because of the odd way I have to hold the controller, so either way, a fail. That's the excuse I'm going with. I keep telling myself I'm not going to play this shit anymore because it is very stress inducing but then still find myself trying and each time getting worse and worse as my hands and wrists tire from the constant rapid button tapping.

1016484299_controllerflipforrapidfire.thumb.JPG.8054b10caf1bc270fbef9c082c81cbc2.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thumb or finger, never fast enough for right but very fast for left, that is how it has always been. Usually if I want a burst of rapid fire for shooting I have to remove my thumb from the d-pad, use the left hand fingers for rapid fire and then quickly move back to the d-pad, thus in between that time unable to move, so shooters that are too fast paced I get my ass handed to me if they require tons of shooting. Back when I beat Silver Surfer many years ago I had to switch back and forth from d-pad to buttons and back very quickly in order to survive because many enemies took more than a single hit to kill and my right has never been good for rapid fire.

4 minutes ago, MeganJoanne said:

Thumb or finger, never fast enough for right but very fast for left, that is how it has always been. Usually if I want a burst of rapid fire for shooting I have to remove my thumb from the d-pad, use the left hand fingers for rapid fire and then quickly move back to the d-pad, thus in between that time unable to move, so shooters that are too fast paced I get my ass handed to me if they require tons of shooting. Back when I beat Silver Surfer many years ago I had to switch back and forth from d-pad to buttons and back very quickly in order to survive because many enemies took more than a single hit to kill and my right has never been good for rapid fire.

damn. thats pretty impressive beating surfer like that. i have beaten surfer as well but i only use my right thumb to rapid fire in surfer 🤷

this is the only game (star force) that i use a technique with the pointer and middle finger for rapid fire.

Edited by skinnygrinny

Damn, this game is brutal! I can barely make any progress since it's so difficult or maybe I just suck at it, too. Is there any way to get the 50k bonus from the midbosses? I've seen people in videos get this bonus, but it seems like they were using auto-fire.

Anyway, I updated my score a bit. A little bit less sucky, but still not good enough.

Edited by Gaia Gensouki

1 hour ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

Damn, this game is brutal! I can barely make any progress since it's so difficult or maybe I just suck at it, too. Is there any way to get the 50k bonus from the midbosses? I've seen people in videos get this bonus, but it seems like they were using auto-fire.

Anyway, I updated my score a bit. A little bit less sucky, but still not good enough.

ya wait until the mid boss flashes pink then rapid fire!!!

I've figured out that it's better to focus on offense. The more enemies that you kill quickly the better because they like to stick around and spray bullets everywhere. If you try to play it too safe by focusing on dodging rather than killing, you get overwhelmed.

It looks to be shaping up for an unbalanced week, with @skinnygrinny and @Gloves slugging it out for first. I'm sure some others will chime in late, but I feel the thick of the pack will be between 100k - 300k this week. I'm hoping to do better than last time (though I forget the rules). I had just over 200k. Guess @mbd39 and I will be battling for whatever spot we can get 😄  I can't believe it's only Tuesday. I have certainly put in 3-4 days worth of work so far!  WHERE'S THE WEEKEND?!

• Like 2

Finally broke 200k. I dunno if I can do much better.

I'm liking this game the more that I play it. It's brutal but addictive. There are zero crutches so no better weapons, bombs or shields. Get good or die. For pure shoot em up it doesn't get much better on the NES.

Events Team · Posted
12 hours ago, mbd39 said:

A random shooter pro could still appear and get a huge score though.

Yeah, and the patterns on this game ain't that hard to map and memorize.

So someone might still break 6 million points this time around.
I might take a try on it too again just for fun.