IGNORED

Physical save state device for cartridge based systems?

I'm a busy man. Husband and father of two (one a 9 month old). Full time job. Projects on the side. Every moment of free time is precious. So my question is this:

Is there something like the Game Genie that can act as a save state for NES games that have no password or continue options (I'm looking at you Blaster Master!)? Something that will allow me to play on my old NES deck, pick up where I left off when I have a second, and save my progress so I don't have to slog back through? 

Just now, skinnygrinny said:

i think you have to remove the bar of the cartridge tray on a frontloader in order for it to physically work. 

Hmm... I wouldn't mind cracking my toaster open again. It's already got that "Blinking Light Win" installed.

Really just want to blow off some steam at night by playing through SMB3 in it's entirety. For some reason, that has been my go-to game since the whole Corona thing descended on us.

The SNES has the Nakitek game saver, which I believe is what was posted above. I have an extra one I can get rid of. They are not too desirable because they use AA batteries and the save state is only preserved as long as the batteries are good and this thing burns through batteries. 

Its good if you are playing a difficult game that you want to keep loading your state on when you mess up. It’s not so good for saving progress to continue from at a later date 

1 hour ago, m308gunner said:

Hmm... I wouldn't mind cracking my toaster open again. It's already got that "Blinking Light Win" installed.

Really just want to blow off some steam at night by playing through SMB3 in it's entirety. For some reason, that has been my go-to game since the whole Corona thing descended on us.

i have a blw and i love it. 

cant go wrong with smb3!