IGNORED

Extremely rare ps2 variant. No sold listings.

I can't really help but I will say that it is desirable, I'd want it but it's definitely worth more than I'm willing to pay, I'm sure.

There are console variant collectors out there, just like game variant collectors.  Being that this is a variant that's both rare and of a well known and loved brand, it's going to have additional value.

4 hours ago, Rudybegga said:

Looking for an idea on price.  They made 2000 of the automobile colors and some of those go for well over a few thousand bucks.  They made less than 50 of these.

Only way to know is to put it up for auction. My guess is somewhere between one dollar and one million dollars.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Only way to know is to put it up for auction. My guess is somewhere between one dollar and one million dollars.

I think a fair range would be 1 and 300,000 USD. I mean, a historical one of a kind prototype just sold for 300K, so it wouldn’t make much sense if this console sold for 1 million. 

Having said all that, I wouldn’t be surprised if it sold for even 3 million dollars, what with all the recent speculators and supposed millionaires floating around.

Edited by GPX

23 hours ago, Rudybegga said:

Looking for an idea on price.  They made 2000 of the automobile colors and some of those go for well over a few thousand bucks.  They made less than 50 of these.

Wish I could help you but it's hard to guess. I would say closer to $10k at least. But I think you should reach out to the console variants website admins. They are sometimes willing to buy rare variants themselves or know of console variant collectors and will mediate a deal. 

Finding out the history is going to be huge in figuring out a price unfortunately. And then also spreading it and having proof to create hype and appeal for someone to want to spend big money on it. 

I have read conflicting information where someone claimed the one they had was for a nickelodeon kids choice awards contest that they themselves won and it was 1/1, and then console variations says 1/50.  That will be a huge difference in price depending on which is true. 

Playstation stuff in general doesn't have the same appeal or demand as Nintendo. And It's not a prototype or a development console, it's just another limited edition console, although a very rare one. My guess and this is purely speculation, in a best case scenario for a loose 1/1 system would be $5000ish. Maybe more if it is actually 1/1 and CIB. 

I just can't see it going for more personally, and i doubt it would even get that if it's loose. 

Edited by Magus

On 3/18/2020 at 7:42 PM, Rudybegga said:

Anyone know anything about the Nickelodeon ps2?  I only know what I read on the "console variants" website.  That between 1 and 50 were made.  I've got it in my collection and don't know too much about its desirability or value.

20200318_005938.jpg

How did you come across this console? 

9 hours ago, oops said:

I think 10k is a pipe dream. the automotive series are WAY more desireable the colors and work is beautiful.

this nickelodeon branding makes it rare but that does not equate value.

I was thinking the same thing... I doubt this thing has tons of big dollar interest looks like it was used and such. I’d think in the low thousands.

On 3/20/2020 at 12:16 AM, OptOut said:

Why does it look like OP's picture was taken in a dimly lit basement/sex dungeon on a 2005 Nokia camera phone? 😄

We're doing renovations to my house, so no overhead light, LOL!  I got it at a hole in the wall trading post in Springfield, Oregon that closed down.  He had a literal pallet of consoles and sold them all to me.  I remember seeing the logo and thinking it was a sticker, but noticed it was painted on.  Plus, I have a loaner Cricket phone that doesn't take good pics.

I googled it but at the time (summer 2019?) there wasn't a single google result.  I started pairing accessories with consoles to sell and did another google search and found that result.  I'm going for a complete licenced CIB NES collection more than cash really, at this point.

3 hours ago, Rudybegga said:

We're doing renovations to my house, so no overhead light, LOL!  I got it at a hole in the wall trading post in Springfield, Oregon that closed down.  He had a literal pallet of consoles and sold them all to me.  I remember seeing the logo and thinking it was a sticker, but noticed it was painted on.  Plus, I have a loaner Cricket phone that doesn't take good pics.

I googled it but at the time (summer 2019?) there wasn't a single google result.  I started pairing accessories with consoles to sell and did another google search and found that result.  I'm going for a complete licenced CIB NES collection more than cash really, at this point.

To be honest, you’re probably asking the wrong crowd. Seems to me there isn’t many PS2 collectors in this forum, but more Nintendo/Sega/Xbox/PS1. Asking the right demographics is the key here, because this would give you a better idea of desirability and therefore a closer indication to a fair asking price. 

Also, I’ve done some quick search on google:

Back in 2001 you could enter a contest put on by Nickelodeon and they drew the winners name. The PS2 came in a standard blue box and came with a bundle of 3 Nickelodeon games: Sponge-bob and the Flying Dutchman, Rocket Power, and another game which is not known”.

My genuine guess is that the console in its entirety and including the original games and box, would be worth in the thousands (low 4 figures). The console on its own without the original packaging parts, would be worth a fraction of that.