IGNORED

Favorite SNES game and why?

RetroMichel

So, I thought it would be interesting if everyone shared their favorite SNES game and their memories/experiences with it.

My favorite would be Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. I just love the controls and gameplay of that game. It has humor, wonderful music and lovable characters. It's a pretty simple game, but it does its job so well. A great game from my childhood that I'll never forget.

Edited by RetroMichel
  • Like 3

• The title was changed to Favorite SNES game and why?

Chrono Trigger is indeed the best game ever made (;9) and the best reason I can give for why is: A truly intriguing Story.

I kind of feel like this thread should be titled "What's your favorite SNES game that's not Chrono Trigger."

My answer: Push-Over.  It's an especially unique and engaging puzzle adventure, a real thinker.

1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

Chrono Trigger because it's the best game ever made.

Yup i second this. My favorite game of all time if you couldn't tell by my name.

I am sure nostalgia plays a part, but i honestly think objectively, this game is easily one of the best games ever made, or at least in the top 3. 

-Music was absolutely incredible
-Battle system was really fun and easy to get into, not too hard, not too easy. (Could have been a bit harder, my only complaint)
-Was visually a beautiful game with nice big sprites and many animations, including the battle animations 
-Story was interesting, characters were fun and interesting
-Multiple endings and New game + to experience them all 

All of these melded together to make something truly special, and timeless IMO. 

BUT the SNES has some heavy hitters. So many incredible games, it's why it is my favorite system. So i can understand why someone would have a hard time picking, especially if they don't like RPG's. 

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted

SMW myself, but LTTP very close second........honestly my most favorite system so I honestly have many number 1's but if i had to pick SMW

First system I bought with my own money!  Just a little bit of info. even tho. u didnt ask lol

Edited by Jeevan

Super Mario World. Coming off of the heals of Super Mario 3, it seemed impossible to improve the game to make Mario more appealing and they pulled it off. It's the best game in the series and it absolutely timeless. The different environments are a stark contrast to Mario 3 and the secret exits and bonus worlds were a thing of fantasy for me as a kid. 

• Like 2

On 3/19/2020 at 7:46 AM, RegularGuyGamer said:

Super Mario World. Coming off of the heals of Super Mario 3, it seemed impossible to improve the game to make Mario more appealing and they pulled it off. It's the best game in the series and it absolutely timeless. The different environments are a stark contrast to Mario 3 and the secret exits and bonus worlds were a thing of fantasy for me as a kid. 

SMW is probably a close second for me.  I agree with everything you say about the game.  As a kid, there was nothing like the feeling of finding some of the more difficult to find secret exits on your own without the help of any guide.  But at the same time, it was also fun sharing the hidden things you found with your friends and learning new secrets from them.  And of course I will never forget just how blown away I was from the discovery of the Secret World.

Just last night I played through the GBA version of the game just for fun.  

Edited by TDIRunner

Too hard just to pick 1, some greats that I’ve completed and still have fond memories:

- Super Mario World 

- Super Probotector

- Super Castlevania IV

- Mystical Ninja

- Parodius

- Turtles in Time 

Super Metroid, Zelda, Starwing, Donkey Kong were amazing games also, but these were games I never had the chance to play in proper.