Ausden

1 hour ago, Kguillemette said:

I played through ff7 again and I am standing in front of the crater. I think I have found my fun. I remember well how the story ends and it was more about the journey for me this go around. I'll watch the ending when the ff7 remake is fully released and I have the opportunity to play it.

Love FF7. It really is my favorite story in any video game, cliche as that may seem now. In my opinion, the story is flawless.

Maybe that's for the best because IIRC (and this is true of FF8...and even Super Metroid for that matter!) is that once you save at the final checkpoint you can't go back up and finish the rest of the game?

Final Fantasy 7 Remake...Rated I for Incomplete. 😛 

29 minutes ago, Estil said:

Maybe that's for the best because IIRC (and this is true of FF8...and even Super Metroid for that matter!) is that once you save at the final checkpoint you can't go back up and finish the rest of the game?

Final Fantasy 7 Remake...Rated I for Incomplete. 😛 

Yes and no. I thought about doing requests and chocobo racing and getting knights of the round and all that, but it's really not that much fun to do. I just maxed out my inventory and I can grind on the monsters in the crater if i need to. But that's not much fun either. I'd rather look back on the journey and move on to something new. I already know the end. And it is amazing, one of the best and most satisfying endings to any story. But it's one i have seen many times before.

So I'm considering jumping back into PSO 2 with the western PC release later this month, and felt like finally playing through Episode 2 and 4 from the first game, so I jumped back into PSO: BB via the Ephinea private server. It's been a fantastic experience so far, and really captures the spirit and feeling of the DC games. Servers are packed with players and games, everyone's chill and it's been fun to jump back in.

Edited by Cepp

I'm till playing PSO. Beat Episode I just like I have so many times before and I'm making my way through Episode II. I have to say, the medic bay is much better positioned here but some of the new areas leave a lot to be desired, the Seabed area in particular. Still, it's fun to experience a new part of PSO so I can't complain too much.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ausden said:

I must be crazy! Currently working through DQVIII (just started arena fighting), Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (fighting a big boss on top of a mountain), AND....I am Setsuna.

Can you tell I have ADD?

I do the same. Have been bouncing between Thousand Year Door and Xenoblade Chronicles Remaster. 

5 hours ago, PasseGaming said:

I am dying for Square to release Final Fantasy 4 and 6 onto modern consoles. It's been ages since I've been able to sit down and enjoy those classics.

What's wrong with the PS1 or GBA versions?  Or the SNES version in the case of FF6?  Sadly most didn't know it at the time but the US got a very watered down censored (no cute strippers 😞 ) SNES version of FF4.  As if them screwing with the numbering system wasn't bad enough...say who was screwing with the numbering system back then?  Was it...

Edited by Estil

Here's my list:

1. Dragon Quest IV

2. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

3. Dragon Quest VI

4. Final Fantasy VII

5. Namco x Capcom

Games #1-5 are reasons why I play JRPGs. And even if I do not own any physical copies of said games they will always be ones I want to play.

6. Monhan Nikki Poka Poka Airū Mura G

7. Skies of Arcadia

8. Grandia II

9. Phantasy Star

10. Dragon Quest V

Games #6-10 are the same as my top 5. The difference is that I will buy them in one form or another. Even if I have beaten the game. But in the end they are the type of games I am willing to collect more than to beat right away.

11. Dragon Quest XI

12. Dragon Quest

13. Dragon Quest III

14. Dragon Quest II

15. Grandia

Games #6-15 are games that I will willing to buy for the sake of playing. Owning physical copies will not happen because they are nothing more than a part of a series I prefer playing.

@Estil, well.. the PSX version was absolute garbage. I'm not sure what happened, but the loading times in that game are horrible. Makes the game unplayable. For whatever reason that port of the game was a huge let down. I take is since that was shortly after the flop Spirits Within they needed money quick and spat that out instead of taking their time like the other ports on Playstation.

I more or less want a modern port because I need to wear headphones when I play games and I can't quite do that with my SNES unfortunately. As for the GBA port (that's actually the port I want on modern consoles), it's great but I don't own a GBA.

• 1 month later...

Making my way through Dungeon Siege. Currently at chapter 4, its a very slow paced dungeon crawler; perfect for catching up on some podcasts with. You level up by using weapon/magic combinations and increasing your profficiency with them. I'm currently running with two melee fighters, an archer and three mages, two of which handle party healing since the game likes to ambush your party a lot.

it has some quirks with the comera controls being an early 3D isometric RPG. Most notably, not being able to remap the middle mouse button to right click for camera control, but's easy enough to deal with.

• 6 months later...