IGNORED

The Switch Thread

7 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Never heard of that game before how is Aria Chronicle (also how long?)  I like the style, kind of reminds me a bit being drawn and in motion like that of stuff like Muramasa on Wii and Dragons Crown on PS3(really wish they'd PC port that.)

I read a bunch of reviews and couldn't find much in the way of negatives in any of them. The worst I remember seeing was that the sidequests tended to be repetitive and a lot of the equipment you find in the quests/battles tended to be junk.  Junk can usually be sold though and buy better stuff (which will usually become junk down the storyline anyway).

I couldn't find any mention of how long the game lasts - I am guessing it is a relatively lengthy one though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Californication said:

Psa VGNY has a variant cover for Tanuki Justice limited on a 1,500 print run.

They actually send two covers. One of which is just in the box. Not folded, but not really protected either. Just kinda in there. That’s how mine came anyway 

Edited by LeatherRebel5150

6 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Well did they say there would not be an ASIA region release of the game.  Those tend to have an english version rolled into it.

There is only a fairly expensive Japan release  listed at PlayAsia coming out - it doesn't seem to support English.

https://www.play-asia.com/famicom-detective-club-the-missing-heir-the-girl-who-stands-behi/13/70e6pl

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Well did they say there would not be an ASIA region release of the game.  Those tend to have an english version rolled into it.

I don’t think Nintendo does those

1 hour ago, Tabonga said:

There is only a fairly expensive Japan release  listed at PlayAsia coming out - it doesn't seem to support English.

https://www.play-asia.com/famicom-detective-club-the-missing-heir-the-girl-who-stands-behi/13/70e6pl

Yeah it seems Nintendo doesn’t want to do a physical outside of Japan 😞

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tabonga said:

I don’t get it. The English version is just subtitles. Just slap them in there and be done. It’s not like you’re adding voice acting.

So like, who's enjoying New Pokemon Snap so far?

And I've got to wonder, are people sharing images from the game yet?  I mean it can't be that hard, it's online tied, or at the least you can I think take snap shots like with any other game and upload them right?  I imagine given how lush the visuals are some people have to be trying to get a bit creative already.

Also seen scum whining immediately about it being a ripoff at 5hrs, but clearly it takes notably longer than that to finish it, let alone clear every possible pokemon let alone with a great image.  Some people, never going to get over it.

46 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

And I've got to wonder, are people sharing images from the game yet?  I mean it can't be that hard, it's online tied, or at the least you can I think take snap shots like with any other game and upload them right?  I imagine given how lush the visuals are some people have to be trying to get a bit creative already.

Also seen scum whining immediately about it being a ripoff at 5hrs, but clearly it takes notably longer than that to finish it, let alone clear every possible pokemon let alone with a great image.  Some people, never going to get over it.

I love it. Been super busy lately so I only got to spend an hour with it and haven’t been able to share any pictures yet. But can’t wait to get back to it.

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

We got it GameStop and played it over the weekend. It was fun in short bursts 30-45 minutes, but the points system still seems illogical. We got to level 2 on each stage up to the volcano before taking it back.

Ahh ok so I'm not alone.  I went into walls mart and got the $50 price for it over some fluffy gimme I'd never use. 🙂

I've been too busy either with packing up stuff, having my kid have an utter meltdown for 90min earlier ago, random stuff... so I've got an hour on it too basically.  I liked a lot what I did so far, and despite it being a low tolerance of effort style game right now I'm burned out I am replying instead of playing.

I've read about the points being strange.  My guess is there's a certain metric that's going to stay a guess without someone going totally nuts for weeks/months or someone leaking a document spelling it out.  Maybe the old gigaleak has the N64 versions data?  Might have a clue.

Ive really liked it. The original was one of my favorite N64 games. I actually went and bought it on release day, which is rare for me I usually wait months to grab something. Already spent maybe 10hrs on it. I got the music player (why is it necessary to change what the items are? is there something wrong with pokeflute and apple?!) but have been playing only the first two areas trying to max out the stage levels. 

Im still not quite understanding what makes a picture 1 star/2/3/4. I have pictures that look pretty close to the same and one is a two star and one is a 3 star

5 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Im still not quite understanding what makes a picture 1 star/2/3/4. I have pictures that look pretty close to the same and one is a two star and one is a 3 star

The star system is confusing. I think the difference between 1, 2, 3, 4 is what the Pokemon is doing or where they are located in the level. The quality of the picture is determined by the number of points which changes the material the star(s) is displayed with. So the goal is to get all 4 poses or actions of that Pokemon, and each one is supposed to be diamond status (yes, there's a status better than gold). 

1 star = common pose or action 

4 stars = rare pose or action

If you look in your album, you will see a caption under each picture, and I think the caption correlates to the number of stars. For the ones you said look pretty close to the same, do they have the same auto-caption? 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

The star system is confusing. I think the difference between 1, 2, 3, 4 is what the Pokemon is doing or where they are located in the level. The quality of the picture is determined by the number of points which changes the material the star(s) is displayed with. So the goal is to get all 4 poses or actions of that Pokemon, and each one is supposed to be diamond status (yes, there's a status better than gold). 

1 star = common pose or action 

4 stars = rare pose or action

If you look in your album, you will see a caption under each picture, and I think the caption correlates to the number of stars. For the ones you said look pretty close to the same, do they have the same auto-caption? 

I’ll have to check when I get home, I didn’t even notice captions. I knew point correlate to star type. I think anything over 4000pts gets you diamond stars