IGNORED

F1 racing championship is NOT a PAL exclusive N64 game

4 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I dont think Ive seen any new full set collectors make themselves know in years.

I'm not new but I don't know if it's well known that I am a fullset collector. 

Well, my definition of fullset 😉

For me, it's "could I have went down to K-Mart/Sears/Walmart/TRU/Kay-Bee/ local video store when this game was out and get it off the shelf?" If so, it's part of my list. So rare licensed and unlicensed games, yes. NWC, no. Competition carts, MAC rifles etc, no.

It doesn't mean I wouldn't entertain those things, but they aren't part of my "fullset lists".

26 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

I'm not new but I don't know if it's well known that I am a fullset collector. 

Well, my definition of fullset 😉

For me, it's "could I have went down to K-Mart/Sears/Walmart/TRU/Kay-Bee/ local video store when this game was out and get it off the shelf?" If so, it's part of my list. So rare licensed and unlicensed games, yes. NWC, no. Competition carts, MAC rifles etc, no.

It doesn't mean I wouldn't entertain those things, but they aren't part of my "fullset lists".

Pretty much word for word how I do it/think about it also

• Like 1

How I see it, a “fullset” on it’s own is kind of a pointless description. It really needs to be expanded in more the finer details eg. “Full retail and licensed for local sales”, “full retail licensed NTSC/Pal from around the globe”. 

The other issue is that it also depends on your target audience in which you’re discussing it with. An NTSC collector talking “fullsets” to a Pal collector will inevitably get mixed results in the total numbers of a fullset, as well as differing titles within the set.

Kind of like the word “rare” on its own is kind of meaningless unless you specify further the parameters.

• Like 1

In fact it would not make sense to have a full set by Snes because its library of games is very large.
But on the N64 it makes sense because fullset means all games regardless of region, what you say is nothing but patriotism.
Real collector "Raiz" is that not even a gold digger is always looking for new precious stones.
Why wouldn't I as a Brazilian want to have a Japanese game like Sin And Punishment or Bangaio?
Or even want a Clay fighther sculptor cul Usa?
Or even Taz express EU?
In the Brazilian collectors we collect any game, even more if this game is very good .. Let's go after the game even in the fifth of hell kkkk
Edited by N64Br
  • Like 1

Has there been a public confirmed sale of this recently? Does anyone have a good idea what a cart or cib would be "worth"?

There is a beat up cart/cut box on Ebay for $300. But it hasn't sold and has been there a while.

Anyone know?

16 minutes ago, DK said:

Has there been a public confirmed sale of this recently? Does anyone have a good idea what a cart or cib would be "worth"?

There is a beat up cart/cut box on Ebay for $300. But it hasn't sold and has been there a while.

Anyone know?

There isn't a well defined market value for these carts because they don't come up too often, and there isn't a high demand for them (as this thread has shown, lol!).

Additionally, that copy on eBay is unfortunately very typical of the average condition of most of these carts too, they are almost always torn up to shit, sun faded and basically look like they fell out of the rear end of a farmyard animal...

Personally, based on sales I HAVE seen, I wouldn't put a crappy condition copy of the game any higher than 75 to 100 USD for cart only. IF (big if) there was one in decent condition, it could probably run a lot higher, up to maybe 300 for a PRISTINE cart

Boxed, a similar story, it would be dependent on condition. That one on eBay, not sure if you could even call it boxed seeing as the box has been cut... I wouldn't ascribe much value to that one at all given the condition, again probably MAX 100 bucks for that box and that's really being generous. But, for a GOOD condition box/manual, then we would be talking. I could see an average boxed copy going for 4 to 500 easy, and a REAL nice one could go to 1000 probably even higher in this market ATM.

Sealed, not sure if such a thing even exists, definitely never seen one.

I will admit a part of me IS tempted by that eBay listing, simply for how few come up for sale... but for the price, and just looking at the pictures turns my fucking stomach I have to say, lol... I couldn't possibly part with that much money and look myself in the mirror after unboxing that "special" delivery! 🤢

• Haha 1

@OptOut Past performance doesn’t predict future returns.

But if @Forte can find a sealed (Capcom) Mega Man 6 in Brazil in mint condition, and if there are two known Sculptors Cut’s sealed in collector hands, then I’d put a small wager that there’s probably a sealed copy of this thing out there too. If they ever came sealed that is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

@OptOut Past performance doesn’t predict future returns.

Oh, I am well aware of that, sure! I was just saying where I would place it today.

That 300 buck shitter on eBay is a good example of why it's hard to value these titles. By sheer scarcity alone, the game is on the borderline if being tempting at that price, even in such shocking condition.

But, for a genuine collector, that would be a pretty shameful addition to the collection. For an investor, that would be a HUGE risk, fluidity of an item in that condition is VERY low...

Add in the lack of awareness and overall low demand for this item, and you can see why it's not commanding sculptors cut money, even if it is probably way scarcer.

F1 CiB 300 $ kkk ... Good Luck ...
It took me 10 years to have 3 copies of this game and a delivery to have the box ...
This does not exist for sale here in Brazil ...
Yellow is not because of the Sun, all tapes have a factory defect and yellow, even if they are stored or not.
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, N64Br said:

F1 CiB 300 $ kkk ... Good Luck ...
It took me 10 years to have 3 copies of this game and a delivery to have the box ...
This does not exist for sale here in Brazil ...
Yellow is not because of the Sun, all tapes have a factory defect and yellow, even if they are stored or not.

Incorrect. The yellowing is due to reaction to heat in the humidity of Brazil over time.

Also, if you think 300 is such a great deal, why don't you buy the one sitting on eBay right now?

44 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Oh, I am well aware of that, sure! I was just saying where I would place it today.

That 300 buck shitter on eBay is a good example of why it's hard to value these titles. By sheer scarcity alone, the game is on the borderline if being tempting at that price, even in such shocking condition.

But, for a genuine collector, that would be a pretty shameful addition to the collection. For an investor, that would be a HUGE risk, fluidity of an item in that condition is VERY low...

Add in the lack of awareness and overall low demand for this item, and you can see why it's not commanding sculptors cut money, even if it is probably way scarcer.

I’d also factor the issue that it is a racing game and not a more popular genre. Add the fact it has a title that just seems to feel perceptively common. Myself for instance, I’ve got a near complete Pal set, and when I first read your thread, I originally thought it was one of the typical common racing titles that the N64 seem to have an unlimited supply of. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GPX said:

I’d also factor the issue that it is a racing game and not a more popular genre. Add the fact it has a title that just seems to feel perceptively common. Myself for instance, I’ve got a near complete Pal set, and when I first read your thread, I originally thought it was one of the typical common racing titles that the N64 seem to have an unlimited supply of. 

Yeah it's not got a lot going for it. If there WASN'T a PAL version this would be worth WAY more money than it is. However, the PAL version is cheap, not in high demand, and it's not even particularly uncommon.

Anyway... our Brazilian friend seems to have gone quiet... Although I'm used to that seeing as he didn't even have the decency to answer my PM I sent him a few days ago...

Perhaps he's busy putting in a bid on that shitty eBay one so he can have FOUR crappy copies he will never sell! 🤣

I don't need to buy from Ebay I already have 3 F1 ok ....
I will explain the cause of the yellowing. Inside the plastic, a flameproof product is placed to prevent the items from catching on fire at high temperatures ... but the Game's own "heat" or even the "UV" light activates these particles making the plastic yellow ...
Never in my life have I seen moisture in plastic, moisture only affects Metal-Paper and Chip etc ... but never plastic.

3 minutes ago, N64Br said:

I agree in the version Pal-n has complete and practically new. but it doesn't work on Ntsc consoles ... and it's as common in Europe as Mario 64 and it doesn't even come close to being a rare item, maybe 50 years from now.

Rare doesn't mean valuable. Why didn't you respond to my PM?

14 minutes ago, N64Br said:

I don't need to buy from Ebay I already have 3 F1 ok ....
I will explain the cause of the yellowing. Inside the plastic, a flameproof product is placed to prevent the items from catching on fire at high temperatures ... but the Game's own "heat" or even the "UV" light activates these particles making the plastic yellow ...
Never in my life have I seen moisture in plastic, moisture only affects Metal-Paper and Chip etc ... but never plastic.

And yeah, yellowing is caused by heat, as well as UV. Brazil is a hot and humid place, so games from there are more likely to be yellowed. It isn't a defect of the cart, the games are all made in the same place, it's how the game was stored.

If the game was stored in climate controlled conditions in Brazil, it would remain unyellowed. The yellowed carts were clearly not stored correctly, thus are damaged, thus are worth less.

I see the same thing with N64 games coming out of other hot countries like Australia. If they are stored correctly, they will not yellow. If not, they will.

4 minutes ago, N64Br said:

maybe there where you live, but here and elsewhere, yes. for real collectors not amateurs ..

Fuck off dude. I have a full PAL set, a full Japanese set, and every US exclusive. I literally own one of every N64 game title released, worldwide.

You are a grafter, hyping up SLOP you hope to sell for an unearned and unwarranted profit. You have walked into a HIGHLY knowledgeable group of longtime collectors, and we know what we are talking about.

Sell your shitty carts for 1000 bucks, if you can. I'll wait.

Edited by OptOut
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know, ask the guy there because he's freaking out.
This game has no definite value because here in Brazil it is an extremely rare game. N64 was a very expensive video game which led to the ps1 market taking over the Brazilian gamea. that's why he hears few copies sold here in Brazil, and Brazilians don't keep a box much less manual. open the packaging and go to the trash ..
  • Haha 1
  • Eyeroll 1

19 minutes ago, DK said:

Wait, why are we fighting, I only wanted to know if anyone knew a recent sale price, lol.

I seek out injustice wherever it lurks. Calling out bullshit is my vocation.

Our Brazilian friend here obviously doesn't know how market economics work. If there's one freely for sale RIGHT NOW on eBay (with over 20 watchers I might add) and no-one is buying it at 300, then it is clearly not worth any more than that, at least not given the condition.

• Like 1