IGNORED

I’d Know That [blank] Anywhere!

Scrobins

Moderator · Posted

I was walking back to my apartment last night and bumped into a woman in my building who smiled and said “Well hey, I’d know that walk anywhere!”

I actually get this a lot but what’s weird is sometimes people follow up with what it is they claim to recognize and it’s never the same! Some people notice a slight limp from an old knee injury, others say I walk with the self-assuredness of an actor or posture of someone who’s ex-military (I’m not), and others say I have some kind of happy-go-lucky gait and I’ll probably jump and click my heels at any time.

Has anyone told you that you have some distinctive recognizable feature that you never really thought about?

Apparently my face. Just the other day at Target, a girl cashier recognized me from KINDERGARTEN. She said I looked familiar and I had that "face" and I had no idea who she was. She ended up remembering me after I said what elementary school I went to and knew my name before I said. We played together all the time at recess and sat by each other. I haven't seen her in 25 years since like 2nd grade when she moved. Was shocked for hours after that encounter.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Scrobins said:

I was walking back to my apartment last night and bumped into a woman in my building who smiled and said “Well hey, I’d know that walk anywhere!”

I actually get this a lot

It's hard to forget a guy with two whole frames of animation...

2 hours ago, Sumez said:

Quite the contrary I always get told that I look like someone else someone knows. And it's always someone new.

This happened to me multiple times while in university, on a night out people would come up to me and start chatting with me, swearing that I was in XYZ class with them a year or two back. Besides not having a clue who they were, the problem always was that I hadn't taken any courses with the professors they claimed to share in common with me. 

Moderator · Posted
13 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

This happened to me multiple times while in university, on a night out people would come up to me and start chatting with me, swearing that I was in XYZ class with them a year or two back. Besides not having a clue who they were, the problem always was that I hadn't taken any courses with the professors they claimed to share in common with me. 

You should have used them to get the university to give you another degree in whatever program that was! “Im telling you, Dean, I wrote a dissertation on that subject, just ask those people that saw me in class!”

• Haha 1