IGNORED

How do you store your handhelds?

I am running out of space and would like to reorganize some clutter. How should I store my loose handheld systems? I currently have them in a box with 3 layers separated by a cloth. I don't want to display them on a shelf and worry about keeping them dusted. Any suggestions?

20200301_113736.jpg

Edited by acromite53

I usually store my unused handhelds inside carry cases, and then store the carry cases in large plastic tubs with lids. The carry cases are more than enough padding to protect the handhelds, and most official carrying cases for  the various gameboys etc. are quite cheap. 

I find the Pokémon ones especially cool! 🙂

4 hours ago, OptOut said:

I usually store my unused handhelds inside carry cases, and then store the carry cases in large plastic tubs with lids. The carry cases are more than enough padding to protect the handhelds, and most official carrying cases for  the various gameboys etc. are quite cheap. 

I find the Pokémon ones especially cool! 🙂

I actually do the same right now, with the ones I want to keep factory original and minty.

The rest I have a pretty small display case to show off and grab to play.

I've got them spread into 3 areas in 2 spaces basically. 🙂  In my work/home desk here to my right in the top drawer I've got a SP101, DSLite, Gameboy Light, Gameboy Color, and a GB Micro(stored) for use each in their own protective nylon or whatever style cases and these do have batteries.  To my left, the tall drawer inside has a sterilite 3 pull out drawer thing and within there you'll find tiger handhelds, supaboy S, fc mobile 88 w/super games 500in1 in it always, various other 80s handhelds, and a tiger r-zone xps all within easy reach.

The other space is to my side in a set of cubes.  In there are yet more Gameboys...GBA, another SP, GBP, DMG too, also the NGPC set in a pouch within a tray with the small library of games it has.  On top of those cubes is this antique card catalog wood 2 drawer unit and each of those 2 drawers has all my GB/GBC games in one side by side and GBA in the other with room to spare as it's deep.  The DS game cases the limited set I do have, they are on my cartridge/media/toy shelf to my left of my desk.

Everything is in an easy fast space to get in some time with minimal resistance.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, portabello said:

I typically buy official carry case products for handhelds. If space is a concern and dust is the main issue, try ziplock bags or smaller plastic totes.

B25C8579-8277-4482-8601-ADBBB50ADD1C.jpeg

390BC9FE-2AD3-4EAB-A2DC-66FAE743BD79.jpeg

That style GBA bag is my favorite, also nostalgic as I had it back when it was originally released. It just holds everything you need and does it well.

• Like 1