IGNORED

Music Debate #53: Die Antwoord

Reed Rothchild

Rate 'em  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Rating explanations down below

• 10 - One of your very favorite artists of all time.
    • 9 - Killer fucking band. Or artist.
    • 8 - Great sound, great songs, great albums.
    • 7 - Very good, but not quite great.
    • 6 - Pretty good. More than a few songs you like. You'd entertain the thought of seeing them live if they were in the area. Or still alive.
    • 5 - They're okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to listen to.
    • 4 - Meh. There may be a song or two, or an album that you dig, but you'd rather listen to other stuff.
    • 3 - Not very good. You will more likely than not turn the station if they come on the radio.
    • 2 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0 - In the running for worst artist/musician of all time. You would rather take a cheese grater to your face than listen to this.
  2. 2. Next week's artist

• Country guy
    • Rap duo
    • Screaming and/or pinching

Was this the "electronica duo"? 😞

As I see it, Die Antword is a comedy duo that gains a lot of fans based on their "edgy" attitude and style, but the music itself fluctuates between bad pop music and just terrible, unlistenable hip hop.

I really like weird, artsy and edgy music that challenges your perception of what music can be, but this isn't it. It just pretends it is.

Didn't they sample Streets of Rage 2 in one of their tracks? I seem to remember that. And by "sample" I mean straight up just rap on top of a SOR2 track.

Edited by Sumez
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Sumez said:

Was this the "electronica duo"? 😞

As I see it, Die Antword is a comedy duo that gains a lot of fans based on their "edgy" attitude and style, but the music itself fluctuates between bad pop music and just terrible, unlistenable hip hop.

I really like weird, artsy and edgy music that challenges your perception of what music can be, but this isn't it. It just pretends it is.

Didn't they sample Streets of Rage 2 in one of their tracks? I seem to remember that. And by "sample" I mean straight up just rap on top of a SOR2 track.

Not sure what I expected after the last few, but not this lol

Also probably not gonna listen to whatever they did to a SoR2 track, I love that game too much to subject myself to w/e that is

15 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

(full disclosure - the remaining picks were gonna be Insane Clown Posse, Luke Bryan, and Asking Alexandria, but I feel like people want some more popular selections to change it up)

Maybe just... put the actual artist's/band's name in the voting?

1/10 just because While I don't care nor will ever listen to it again, I don't hate it enough to cheese grater my face lol

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
7 hours ago, SpoonMan Abrams X said:

Not sure what I expected after the last few, but not this lol

Also probably not gonna listen to whatever they did to a SoR2 track, I love that game too much to subject myself to w/e that is

Maybe just... put the actual artist's/band's name in the voting?

1/10 just because While I don't care nor will ever listen to it again, I don't hate it enough to cheese grater my face lol

We've done that before.  I like surprises.