IGNORED

Need extra cash during corona virus? Free apps that actually give you money - how long it takes and how much you get

Makar

Times are tough with corona virus. Everyone wants to make an extra buck, and there are tons and tons of free apps out there saying you can get free money or giftcards by using their app, but which ones are legit, how much money do you actually get, and how long does it take to get your money? I'll talk about a few that actually work. Feel free to post ones you use. And as always, mods, if this isn't allowed, please delete.

Webull

https://act.webull.com/i/XvDBqbVBNeGJ/iyz/

This is a stock market app. You get at least $14 in free stocks just for depositing $1. Does is sound too good to be true, yes, is it real, yes. The app is solid, and there are no transaction fees to do stock trades. It takes about 1 week for your deposit to fully go through to get your 2nd free stock. The other one you get right away after you sign up. They also have promotions from time to time where if you deposit X amount of money you get X amount of free stocks. 

GetUpside    https://upside.app.link/DHJUN

this is a gas app. Claim an offer at a gas station before you fill up, fill up, get the receipt, upload it, and get your cash back. I've gotten $30 so far in about 6 months. Nothing crazy but hey that's like a free tank of gas. 

Lucky Day   www.luckday.com     lucky code Z9MC885

This is a scratch off app. You scratch off lottery tickets to win tokens and sometimes small amounts of money, like 25 cents, but you need a minimum of $10 to cash out. The tokens are what you want. You can exchange them for giftcards. It takes about 2 months of scratching all the tickets every day to get enough tokens for a $10 gift card. It took me scratching off 7000 tickets to get $10 in cash which took a year. So I've earned $50 between gift cards and cash in a year. Not crazy but hey it's something. 

Mistplay   https://mistplay.co/HpbNWKpVb4

Get paid to play games, yes you read that right. They have some games you can play to get points you redeem for giftcards. 1800pts gets you a $5 giftcards, 3000 gets you a $10 giftcard. I've only had this one for 2 weeks, but already got 1 $10 Amazon gift card. There are games like Yahtzee, best fiends, and lots of other ones. 

Ibotta

https://ibotta.onelink.me/iUfE/8cc13c64

Code ejqpiyt

This is a cash back rewards app to get money back when you buy groceries, online purchases, and more! I got $5 back on my first purchase from Walmart. This app works and gives real cash back. No complaints. 

Curious to hear what apps you guys have found that give you money.

Edited by Makar

The folks where I live live free stuff like this. My problem with it though, is (sorry to rain on your parade but I'm going to ), how much time did you spend scratching those 7000 virtual scratch offs, etc? Sure, I love free money as much as the next guy, but at some point I think, "Wow, I could earn more an hour taking a minimum wage job". Just my thoughts on the whole thing.

2 hours ago, fcgamer said:

The folks where I live live free stuff like this. My problem with it though, is (sorry to rain on your parade but I'm going to ), how much time did you spend scratching those 7000 virtual scratch offs, etc? Sure, I love free money as much as the next guy, but at some point I think, "Wow, I could earn more an hour taking a minimum wage job". Just my thoughts on the whole thing.

Those 7000 scratch offs took a while. I'm not saying it's worth your time but if you have like 10 minutes a day where you're not doing anything else, it doesn't hurt. A lot of the other ones I mentioned are much quicker to get money, basically instantaneous.

• Like 1

While not apps I have been doing really well with credit card offers as of late - I have gotten back about $1900 from various credit card sign ups the last 8  months or so.  You have to have really tight control of your finances and a lot of self discipline though  (a strong credit rating helps too) for this to be successful.  The credit cards are willing to bet I will rack up debt and start paying interest to them once the grace period is over.  I am willing to bet I won't.   So far I have won.   Like gambling, usually the house wins but not always.  The biggest rule I follow is to not put anything on them I wouldn't normally spend money on.   

It also has a spin off benefit of raising your credit score (your score may actually drop briefly - but will rebound quickly  if you don't abuse the game) if done properly.

Edited by Tabonga
  • Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 8:45 AM, Makar said:

Those 7000 scratch offs took a while. I'm not saying it's worth your time but if you have like 10 minutes a day where you're not doing anything else, it doesn't hurt. A lot of the other ones I mentioned are much quicker to get money, basically instantaneous.

Working in the Lottery/Gaming industry, this app seriously concerns me. Gambling addictions are no laughing matter, they get serious enough to destroy peoples lives and tear families apart as any other serious addiction. These games are being designed to be highly addictive, and forcing someone to "Keep At It" for a ridiculous amount of time and exposure for such a little payout seems less about entertainment and more about developing a habit.  

To contribute to your list of "Types of Apps" I have seen there are several apps that apparently pay out for scanning receipts from Grocery Shopping in which I didn't see mentioned (Though i apologize if those were and I missed it) 

Not apps necessarily, but I had success with a couple of those cryptocurrency "earn rewards" things via like Coinbase and Blockchain. Made about a cool $70-80 when all said and done. You watch some videos and you're basically done. Could earn more by "inviting friends" but I'm not one to spam junk like that lol

Edited by SpoonMan Abrams X

Does anyone remember alladvantage? It was an ad bar that ran on your desktop and you got paid for active time with it open. Except you could download an app to keep.your mouse moving. 

I think I made $17 before they went bust from having a stupid business model during the dot com crash

The Google Rewards app is great for earning Google Play money which unfortunately doesn't translate to real money, but if you ever plan on buying stuff on the Google Play store, you get like a survey every other day, each which takes maybe 30 seconds at most, 4 easy questions, and the amount you get credited is anywhere between 10 cents and a dollar at a time. I've gotten over $40 worth in credits in the last 3 years which granted isn't a lot but it's better than nothing. Never had to spend a dime on the Play store!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2020 at 1:58 PM, Exodus said:

Working in the Lottery/Gaming industry, this app seriously concerns me. Gambling addictions are no laughing matter, they get serious enough to destroy peoples lives and tear families apart as any other serious addiction. These games are being designed to be highly addictive, and forcing someone to "Keep At It" for a ridiculous amount of time and exposure for such a little payout seems less about entertainment and more about developing a habit.  

To contribute to your list of "Types of Apps" I have seen there are several apps that apparently pay out for scanning receipts from Grocery Shopping in which I didn't see mentioned (Though i apologize if those were and I missed it) 

I agree with you. Although if you have good self control, why not get a free $10 every other month? 

And yea Ibotta is one of those. I thought I mentioned that, maybe not. But that one has given me almost $15 cash back in a month from like 5 or receipts

• 2 weeks later...

I use Google Rewards to grab a buck or two of Play store credits for game apps if I want to buy something in game. Unfortunately they only give me surveys once in a blue moon anymore...not sure why.

I use Shopkick...or used to...when shopping in a store (haven't used it in awhile since...we get stuff delivered). Basically you walk into a store, open the app, make sure it gives you points for walking into the store, and then go hunting barcodes. You just scan barcodes and it racks points up...if you buy certain items and then take pictures of the receipts, you get even more points. But I'd say...a handful of trips to the store and just randomly scanning things I see on the list...would net me a $5 gift card. Points rack up fast if you go to a lot of stores. It's a good app, it works and you actually do get usable gift cards. Nice thing is they pop up right on your phone so you can scan them or the check out person will scan them...no having to wait for them to snail mail a real card to you.