Start with 9 Continues

D666-D4DD

Start with 8 continues

D566-D4DD

Start with 7 continues

D166-D4DD

Start with 6 continues

D966-D4DD

For some awful unknown reason the snes just froze at the fourth stage not due to the codes for sure. The levels are massive and grueling even for practice and infinite continues. Would it possible to attempt the following codes to get back to where I was:

Start at at 4 last boss - completed all prior levels

Start at stage 4 - completed all prior levels

Start at stage 5 - completed all prior levels. 

On 2/20/2020 at 6:54 PM, Hybrid said:

Infinite Continues

C262-DF04

Start with 9 Continues

D666-D4DD

Start with 8 continues

D566-D4DD

Start with 7 continues

D166-D4DD

Start with 6 continues

D966-D4DD

Okay it's confirmed it is a glitch or just the code. it blacks out mid way through the 4th boss but the music remains.

Can you do code that completes the rest but allows me to select stage 5?

Or the other two I requested if possible. Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Need a code that starts you at the last world, apparently there aren't any warps for the last stage or gamehacking/gg codes in general for level skip or stage starts.

Last world is called  Space Station Clayvius. Would be massively appreciated, this game is seriously wearing me the f out with frequent poweroutages. 

10 hours ago, Hybrid said:

Are we still talking about operation logic bomb?

Sounds like @Megazap is talking about Claymates. Space Station Clayvius is one of the last levels.

On 4/1/2020 at 6:31 PM, profholt82 said:

There's a thread devoted to it on Sega-16 for the Genesis that's been going for years. It seems crazy that you can do that to me too.

In general it's done by loading up an emulator and narrowing down values in memory. For example, you could record a second of gameplay where you pick up a 1-up and then ask the emulator to show you memory addresses that went up by 1. You might get multiple, then have to manually watch those values to narrow it down from there. But once you know what memory address in RAM holds that value, you can find where it's set in the ROM's code and change the initial value, or change the game logic to make every 1-up be a 5-up, or something like that. It's actually kind of a fun little puzzle to solve and it's fun to help people. It's been a long time since I've done it, but I remember being in chat with @Hybrid when he got his test copy of The Incident that had an incorrect ROM that wouldn't save, and we ended up coming up with a code to re-enable saving. It was so much fun to figure that out, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2021 at 2:23 AM, Hybrid said:

Are we still talking about operation logic bomb?

Hey,

Any chance you are able to send or work on the spiderman and x-men arcade's revenge snes codes?  It's been around a week. I'm entirely certain the author of the RAW codes is no longer active.  I'm at the stage where I need all these, as there is a final part once you finish all these stages. 

Would be better to post them here as I'm sure these would be useful for others for practice, as this is one of the most difficult and insanely frustrating snes games out there for practicing without save states. 

Infinite Lives (All) by AetherKnight 
Raw 
7E0100:09
1st Stage Completed (Cyclops) by AetherKnight 
Raw 
7E011E:01
 Info  1st Stage Completed (Gambit) by AetherKnight 
Raw 
7E012D:01
 Info  1st Stage Completed (SpiderMan)by AetherKnight 
Raw 
7E0125:01
 Info  1st Stage Completed (Storm) by AetherKnight 
Raw 
7E011A:01
 Info  1st Stage Completed (Wolverine) by AetherKnight 
Raw 
7E0121:01
 Info  2nd Stage Completed (Cyclops) by AetherKnight 
Raw 
7E0120:01
 Info  2nd Stage Completed (Gambit) by AetherKnight 
Raw 
7E012F:01
 Info  2nd Stage Completed (SpiderMan)by AetherKnight 
Raw 
7E0127:01
 Info  2nd Stage Completed (Storm) by AetherKnight 
Raw 
7E011C:01
 Info  2nd Stage Completed (Wolverine)by AetherKnight 
Raw 
7E0123:01

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

With the right tools (especiallt eith emulators today) finding these addresses, even for a novice, are usually easy. Some are oddballs, but I'm surprised there's not a good search feature in most modern SNES emulators.

My favorite hack codes use to be for systems like the PS1 or N64 that instead of hacking memory address values for lives and such, but were 8-16 codes long and seemed to be re-writing small instruction sets. 😂

Edited by RH

• 1 month later...

Battletoads for NES could really use an Infinite Health code. Infinite Lives helps a little but it won't save you from getting beat up by very aggressive enemies on the late levels of the game, especially the last one and then it's back to the last checkpoint which could be back quite a ways.

Edited by TheGameCollector
  • Love 1

On 1/6/2022 at 8:18 AM, TheGameCollector said:

Battletoads for NES could really use an Infinite Health code. Infinite Lives helps a little but it won't save you from getting beat up by very aggressive enemies on the late levels of the game, especially the last one and then it's back to the last checkpoint which could be back quite a ways.

There are codes for infinite energy in Battletoads on the gamehacking.org site:

https://gamehacking.org/game/29070

• Wow! 1

• 1 year later...

well you are doing something wrong 

the code you are asking about (0047:??) is a RAM code not a ROM code game genie only writes to ROM

when using a game genie converter and you put in an address value outside of ROM it adds 8000 to the address to bring it into the ROM area so the area you are affecting with the code you posted is address 8047 

in order to get the the correct address you need to modify in rom you would need an emulator with a debugger that can do use a debugger I use FCEUXD SP 1.07

first open the game then go to tools then debugger up at the top you will see a small portion of it labeled break points click add a new box will open. in the first box put the ram address (0047) and then click the box next to write then ok and go back to the game and start your game you will see the debugger open when you start your game. it jumps to this line in the code

$83BE:85 47     STA $0047 = #$00

we got lucky with this game because it has its own LDA and it's right next to the above code

$83B9:4C C0 83  JMP $83C0
$83BC:A9 00     LDA #$00
$83BE:85 47     STA $0047 = #$00
$83C0:A9 00     LDA #$00
$83C2:8D A0 07  STA $07A0 = #$00
$83C5:85 45     STA $0045 = #$00
$83C7:8D 2A 04  STA $042A = #$00

by changing the value that the LDA is loading we can get the desired effect without changing other values

the address you want to alter is 83BD 

Start on Stage 2
PEUEILAA

Start on Stage 3
ZEUEILAA

Start on Stage 4
LEUEILAA

Start on Stage 5 (tank boss)
GEUEILAA

Start on Stage 6
IEUEILAA

just as a side note it's always better to use the long form game genie codes less chance of them corrupting the game. what those do is add a compare value to which only changes the rom value when its equal to the compare in this case it's equal to 00

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...