IGNORED

What Else Do You Collect Besides Video Games?

Tabonga

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Here's another one.  My complete Vestron w/slips collection.  Paging @JamesRobot with the latest one

PXL_20220329_003010443.jpg

PXL_20220329_003447794.jpg

If I ever come around your area I know what we're doing haha.

I've heard good things about Blood Diner but still haven't gotten around to watching it. Great to see that Chopping Mall is number 1 in the Vestron collection. 

chopping mall thank you GIF

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Since the release of Transformers: War for Cybertron, Hasbro has been re-releasing classic figures including my favorite version if Transformers, Beast Wars. I loved the show as a kid and had a bunch of the figures. So Ive been going nuts collecting these Beast Wars action figures. They started out releasing new, more accurate versions of the figures, but now they’ve gotten into releasing full on reproductions of the original 90’s figures, packaging and all. Its a dream come true. Hasbro has started re-releasing some of the non-show characters as well like Cybershark. Im hoping they go all the way with it.

A7024345-CC27-4CBC-8ABA-2DE27389A8DF.jpeg

DEF6C9E0-69AE-413A-9149-00AF458906D4.jpeg

• Like 3

Van's slip on shoes. Currently have 135 different pairs and a few doubles on some that are soon have to be thrown away. However, I wear most of them since they are meant to be worn after all! Only a few like the original Metallica and Super Mario Bros. I keep as never worn/new. Also collect fossils, meteorites, and dinosaur eggs.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 5/2/2022 at 1:02 AM, Skorp said:

Van's slip on shoes. Currently have 135 different pairs and a few doubles on some that are soon have to be thrown away. However, I wear most of them since they are meant to be worn after all! Only a few like the original Metallica and Super Mario Bros. I keep as never worn/new. Also collect fossils, meteorites, and dinosaur eggs.

The slips are so comfy! I think I have like 60 pairs of different models, old skools, authentics and slips are my go to and only models I don't like are the ones with the small toe boxes like the aves and ultra range.

• 1 month later...

Here is a picture of the 66 Mustang that my sister bought new.  A friend of one of my brothers bought it (it was in pretty sad shape) and is now in the process of restoring.  I drove it quite a bit - pretty fun car to tool  around in.

1675709996_thumbnail(1).thumb.jpeg.3d3abe95fa257e2fdb6bbc7bebdcac6d.jpeg

Edited by Tabonga
  • Like 6

Thats a nice looking Mustang, I would love to get a classic car, but I want to have my own garage for it and not pay for storage. I collect vinyl and coins mainly besides games. I have collections of football shirts, pokemon cards, hot wheels/diecast and books. These collections grow randomly depending on what I find/want. Im a little into cigars but I smoke em up so  not much of a maintained collection but the humidor got a few. I have managed to stay away from watch collecting but its hard. I should add I have sold off my massive funko pop and amiibo collections because of space issues lol. Overall I just collect thing I find cool or interesting

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 360collector said:

Thats a nice looking Mustang, I would love to get a classic car, but I want to have my own garage for it and not pay for storage. I collect vinyl and coins mainly besides games. I have collections of football shirts, pokemon cards, hot wheels/diecast and books. These collections grow randomly depending on what I find/want. Im a little into cigars but I smoke em up so  not much of a maintained collection but the humidor got a few. I have managed to stay away from watch collecting but its hard. I should add I have sold off my massive funko pop and amiibo collections because of space issues lol. Overall I just collect thing I find cool or interesting

There is a pretty funny story with that Mustang.  They only made a few stock colors and one day I used that car to go to Burger King.  There was a bit of a wait and after ordering I went back out and got in the car.   As I was putting the key in the ignition I realized there was some stuff in the passenger seat I did not recognize.    It was another Mustang the same blue and the keys I had fit (they didn't make that many key patterns) it.  Pretty strange.

2 hours ago, Tabonga said:

There is a pretty funny story with that Mustang.  They only made a few stock colors and one day I used that car to go to Burger King.  There was a bit of a wait and after ordering I went back out and got in the car.   As I was putting the key in the ignition I realized there was some stuff in the passenger seat I did not recognize.    It was another Mustang the same blue and the keys I had fit (they didn't make that many key patterns) it.  Pretty strange.

I have seen a lot of 80-90s toyota hiaces where the keys fit other cars. I wonder how common it rly is

Sometimes there's a marketing tie in so disgusting that it becomes hilarious. The best ones that make me want to preserve their shame forever are the ones where there's NO connection between the tie in and the product, making them look perfectly idiotic together.

Behold!

1332153639_DisgustingMarketing.png.9ca0c534aeade7c590abd84d6b9d9b04.png

I like to think that at one point Buzz was holding a spoon in the picture, and they took it out because it wouldn't be fair to every other cereal box for having the funniest cover of all time. This was the first one I saved for its lunacy, and from that point on I started to keep an eye out.

Oral-B's iconic toothbrush mascot was the second one I found, and I had a hard time bringing it up to the cashier with a straight face. I think this is the funniest one, as it's the biggest contrast between tie-in and product. I guess it's true that Darth Vader needed some dental care in his old age.

Master Chief on a Pringles can isn't all that funny on the surface, but the hilarious shame of the tie-in becomes clear when you realize the tie-in was done because junk food companies see video game fans as their target audience.

The fact that Tim Hortons allowed this tie-in to exist is a shame that needs to be preserved. Justin Bieber is an irredeemable little twerp, and to have his last name replace Tim Horton's last name as if he's just as important to Canada's culture, is probably the most shameful tie-in I've ever seen in my life.

I still ate all the incredibly delicious sugar coated Timbits, but I was a bit less happy about it than normal.

I'm always on the look out, but I wish with every fiber of my being that I could go back in time and buy the ridiculous pack of Duracell AA batteries I saw in the 2000s with Shrek and Donkey on them.

Edited by Lynda Monica
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Lynda Monica said:

Oral-B's iconic toothbrush mascot was the second one I found, and I had a hard time bringing it up to the cashier with a straight face. I think this is the funniest one, as it's the biggest contrast between tie-in and product. I guess it's true that Darth Vader needed some dental care in his old age.

It took me a long moment to stop laughing at the Oral-B coupled with Vader's image and steer my eyes over to the actual product to see that it's a light-saber to make tooth-brushing cool again.  Also, Emperor had a lot of visible crowns in Jedi, if memory serves.  Just the thought of it now keeps setting me off 😄 

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...
8 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I've been hunting these for years. Very tough to find in the wild.  And unfortunately I notice one is missing

PXL_20221210_212232356.jpg

I have a small collection of these myself.  They are fun when too tired to read a regular book.  You are right about them in the wild.  I always have my eyes peeled for them but rarely find one..

Edited by PII

6 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

What are these books?  Don't think I'm aware of them.

Choose Your Own Adventure books?   If you've never read one, you should pick a few up on ebay.

For those of you not familiar with them, you read a few pages, then it offers you a choice.   Depending on the choice you make it'll send you to a different page in the book.   Does that several times, and then you'll reach an ending.