IGNORED

What Else Do You Collect Besides Video Games?

Tabonga

Administrator · Posted
Just now, Tabonga said:

I just picked up this nice Simba ship for my fantasy playset.

1340787404_s-l1600(10).jpg.23d7b9d807945ca8cb17a5830eecdc30.jpg1255609553_s-l1600(9).thumb.jpg.8d01afabd81428a08fb25a5ef24bdedc.jpgThis likely originally came as a set with a pirate or two and some accessories.  The ship itself seems intact and I am going to crew it with some skeleton pirates I have.

Aw man I had one of those as a kid. T_T

21 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Aw man I had one of those as a kid. T_T

Works for me as I am just a big kid when it comes to these things.   

It looks like there may been something attached to the stern - do you remember if there was and what it was?

Edited by Tabonga

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

Works for me as I am just a big kid when it comes to these things.   

It looks like there may been something attached to the stern - do you remember if there was and what it was?

Sorry I don't recall. I recognized the sail and flag.

On 3/4/2020 at 2:37 PM, captmorgandrinker said:

28946_1329420273157_1160470409_30784221_3481989_n.JPGjerseys.JPG

Found a couple pics on Photobucket.  I've since added some Boyle Sharks gloves and a Boyle playoff used Rangers jersey.

My aunt was the biggest hockey nut I know and went to all kinds of games back in the 1980s, she even got her photo with Wayne on his way to the dressing room after a game. She would always ask the players for something after the games and most times they would hand her a stick or puck. I have them all now and there are game used sticks from Guy Lafleur, Wendell Clark and some other players I can't remember.

In 2008 she went through a battle with Cancer and Doug Gilmour was in town coaching his team so he stopped by the hospital to talk to her and asked her whom was her favourite player so she told him it was Cujo. A few weeks after the died, a package showed up at the house, it's a game used Curtis Joseph jersey with a personal letter.

Unfortunately nobody in my family collects anything hockey so it's all just in the garage and nobody really wants it. Nobody really wants to sell it neither though, we were all pretty close to her. Eventually maybe I'll display it in my house when I have room.

The funny thing is after she died, we found a Sydney Crosby stick in her collection and none of us have any idea where it came from. It has his signature on it, it's taped and looks used. I don't know if it was his or not but if it wasn't, why would she have it and why is it taped and used? We can't figure it out. She died in 2008 and I don't remember her ever going to a game recent to that so it's a mystery.

I thought I already posted these but here you go. I also collect Transformers which is my main collecting focus. Video games are just something I do when I'm waiting for more Transformers to come out.

I have nearly a complete Generation 1 collection and I also collect the new third party stuff, specifically Fans Toys.

IMG_20210203_155134.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

My aunt was the biggest hockey nut I know and went to all kinds of games back in the 1980s, she even got her photo with Wayne on his way to the dressing room after a game. She would always ask the players for something after the games and most times they would hand her a stick or puck. I have them all now and there are game used sticks from Guy Lafleur, Wendell Clark and some other players I can't remember.

In 2008 she went through a battle with Cancer and Doug Gilmour was in town coaching his team so he stopped by the hospital to talk to her and asked her whom was her favourite player so she told him it was Cujo. A few weeks after the died, a package showed up at the house, it's a game used Curtis Joseph jersey with a personal letter.

Unfortunately nobody in my family collects anything hockey so it's all just in the garage and nobody really wants it. Nobody really wants to sell it neither though, we were all pretty close to her. Eventually maybe I'll display it in my house when I have room.

The funny thing is after she died, we found a Sydney Crosby stick in her collection and none of us have any idea where it came from. It has his signature on it, it's taped and looks used. I don't know if it was his or not but if it wasn't, why would she have it and why is it taped and used? We can't figure it out. She died in 2008 and I don't remember her ever going to a game recent to that so it's a mystery.

Where did she live?   It may have been from when Crosby was in juniors.  

I'd frame that Cujo jersey and letter.   Your aunt sounds like she was awesome.

If you end up parting with that Wendel Clark stick lemme know.  One of my college buddies ended up in the box with him and Bob Probert back in 98ish.

10 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

If you end up parting with that Wendel Clark stick lemme know.  One of my college buddies ended up in the box with him and Bob Probert back in 98ish.

And he's still alive? Or was he running the box?

We grew up in Newfoundland, nowhere near Crosby.

13 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Unless he played in St. John's against the St. John's Maple Leafs, she could have potentially asked him for it. She went to a lot of those games. I don't know anything about hockey so I couldn't say.

I used to collect English / foreign language translation dictionaries. I've got probably around 60 to 80 in the USA.

I've considered collecting old bootleg TMNT figures, as I really like the ones I have thus far. I've also started to collect old English language learning books from here in Taiwan, they're really funny to read through. Finally, Ive got a small collection of obscure instruments.

59 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

And he's still alive? Or was he running the box?

We grew up in Newfoundland, nowhere near Crosby.

He was a rookie and those two were at the end of their careers.   He wasn't normally a fighter, but somebody ran his captain and he was the closest guy, so he fought the runner.   Those two were already in the box (depending on exactly when, they may have both been on the Blackhawks at the time).

As far as the Crosby stick, maybe she got it from a charity auction of some sort?   Hockey guys give out lots of stuff like that to be auctioned off.

3 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I thought I already posted these but here you go. I also collect Transformers which is my main collecting focus. Video games are just something I do when I'm waiting for more Transformers to come out.

I have nearly a complete Generation 1 collection and I also collect the new third party stuff, specifically Fans Toys.

IMG_20210203_155134.jpg

Nice, I collect Transformers as well. That G1 collection is sweet. 

20 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

He was a rookie and those two were at the end of their careers.   He wasn't normally a fighter, but somebody ran his captain and he was the closest guy, so he fought the runner.   Those two were already in the box (depending on exactly when, they may have both been on the Blackhawks at the time).

As far as the Crosby stick, maybe she got it from a charity auction of some sort?   Hockey guys give out lots of stuff like that to be auctioned off.

Is it anything?

IMG_20210204_145341.jpg

IMG_20210204_145357.jpg

IMG_20210204_145413.jpg

IMG_20210204_145426.jpg

3 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Nope, that's just a "store stick" (like ones sporting goods stores sell).    I don't think there's any NHLers left that use wood sticks.

Weird. She was mentally handicapped so she wouldn't be walking into any store and buying sticks. I'll forever wonder about the mystery behind it.

I just remembered another stick she had, Luc Robataille. My dad gave it to the nurse that took care of her in the hospital.

Just now, Code Monkey said:

Weird. She was mentally handicapped so she wouldn't be walking into any store and buying sticks. I'll forever wonder about the mystery behind it.

I just remembered another stick she had, Luc Robataille. My dad gave it to the nurse that took care of her in the hospital.

Somebody from a pickup game might have given it to her?   It's definitely used.

I just picked up this nifty Toy Major playset which is still sealed.  This is kinda special since it has full (relatively anyway) ships - Target and Toys R Us had bucket sets of pirates and skeletons but they only had a very small rowboat in them.  It is also unusual for a Toy Major set in that the pirate figures are fully painted.  Most of their early sets had skeletons and knights - both of which had painted highlights only

1969489294_s-l1600(12).jpg.f7ce7a45326eb0bd1b4f4f0f3b46ef84.jpg1765369733_s-l1600(11).jpg.ba4f363519a921f497d3adec7514ad59.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...