IGNORED

What Else Do You Collect Besides Video Games?

Tabonga

29 minutes ago, DorkOverlord said:

No, sadly. I had the first print at one point. I sold my first vinyl collection many years ago, which I definitely regret. I've been re-building my collection over the past few years. This one is the remaster. 

I’m a huge Dre fan and I also have the reprint. I actually have the Chronic cover portrait tattooed on my arm 🤣 

Do you have any other hip hop albums? I’ve always wanted the original Straight Outta Compton.

4 hours ago, Foochie776 said:

I’m a huge Dre fan and I also have the reprint. I actually have the Chronic cover portrait tattooed on my arm 🤣 

Do you have any other hip hop albums? I’ve always wanted the original Straight Outta Compton.

I've got a bunch of hip hop, but I don't have Straight Outta Compton on vinyl (I do own the CD). It's on my wishlist! 

• Like 1

On 2/29/2020 at 7:06 PM, Tabonga said:

@Foochie776

This is actually several commercials put together - the duck was a constant antagonist of the bear (and was in a lot of the Hamm commercials of the period) - I don't think it was ever explained why.  

No explanation of it that I’m aware of either. One of the more popular commercials. 50’s I believe 

21 minutes ago, Foochie776 said:

No explanation of it that I’m aware of either. One of the more popular commercials. 50’s I believe 

I remember seeing them when I was very young - so  late fifties to early sixties (and obviously before color television).

Edited by Tabonga

@Tabonga - a little late to this thread, but have you come across any collectible backgammon paraphernalia? "Collectible" means from the 1930s or before. In addition to the big authentic Bakelite chips, I'm looking for backgammon matches (which are Bakelite matchsticks that came in a set to keep score), backgammon doubling dials, and large Bakelite or unusual doubling cubes.

Edit - added two pics

doubling matches s-l1600 2.jpg

doubling matches s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Daniel_Doyce
added pics

I guess it’s harder for me to recall these because I don’t actively look for them like I do games and hockey stuff, but I also pick up coffee mugs and old and contemporary American pottery because I eventually want to start making my own pottery.

On 2/29/2020 at 8:24 PM, captmorgandrinker said:

I have some game used hockey stuff I collect.   About 20 or so sticks (mixed goalie and skater) and some jerseys of guys that I went to college with.   Some gloves and a helmet in there too.

Right on. Your hockey collection is cooler than mine. I’ve only got one game used stick. Most of my stuff is jerseys, ticket stubs (like to All Star games), promotional stuff, advertising, various merch, etc.

I tried to get into Bonsai and collecting nice pots from modern Japanese artists, but due to an accident from a spouse not knowing that I was buying legitimate art, the pot fell, broke and I could never get back into it.  It was a sad day.

In my youth, I collected a little bit of everything that kids collected but today it's just video games and CRTs.  I picked up a 1991 bubble SONY Trinitron from the road on Sunday.  It needs a thorough cleaning and I've not had a chance to test it, but if all is good, it will be used for my SNES/Genesis rig.  I'm feeling I need to get CRTs that are "period accurate" for each generation.

18 hours ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

@Tabonga - a little late to this thread, but have you come across any collectible backgammon paraphernalia? "Collectible" means from the 1930s or before. In addition to the big authentic Bakelite chips, I'm looking for backgammon matches (which are Bakelite matchsticks that came in a set to keep score), backgammon doubling dials, and large Bakelite or unusual doubling cubes.

Edit - added two pics

doubling matches s-l1600 2.jpg

doubling matches s-l1600.jpg

Not so much I am afraid - most of the backgammon stuff I have are components  of the suitcase sets I collect so it is kind of ancillary.  I do have quite a few bakelite backgammon sets that I have picked up on the cheap over the years,  Some of the suitcase ones had nice large doublling cubes - I have a couple that are 1 3/4".

I have two sets of really old bullseye 1 3/4 chips - both of which are missing a piece or two and one set with 2" chips (that one is complete - although the case was totally trashed).  I have some travel backgammon sets with 3/4" pieces which I am fond of.  

One problem with this stuff (as I am sure you are aware of) is that it is often next to impossible to date this stuff with any accuracy.

Edited by Tabonga

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, The Strangest said:

I guess it’s harder for me to recall these because I don’t actively look for them like I do games and hockey stuff, but I also pick up coffee mugs and old and contemporary American pottery because I eventually want to start making my own pottery.

Right on. Your hockey collection is cooler than mine. I’ve only got one game used stick. Most of my stuff is jerseys, ticket stubs (like to All Star games), promotional stuff, advertising, various merch, etc.

28946_1329420273157_1160470409_30784221_3481989_n.JPGjerseys.JPG

Found a couple pics on Photobucket.  I've since added some Boyle Sharks gloves and a Boyle playoff used Rangers jersey.

• Like 3