IGNORED

What 'crappy' game do you wish was good?

Nintegageo

17 hours ago, PineappleLawnchair said:

Ah yes, the "Smart gamer", I remember those idiots all too well. Really, you're not missing much, it really is just a more pretentious CoD.

I'm certainly not going to defend the "smart gamer."  If I went through that same situation, I probably wouldn't pay Infinite simply on principle.  

With that said, I have played Infinite and it's an amazing game.  I still prefer the original, but I highly recommend Infinite.  I can't think of any modern FPS that is FURTHER from COD than the Bioshock series.  

On 2/12/2020 at 7:22 PM, Makar said:

I'll give it to you that super pm was playable but they still took out the best part which was all the enemy battles. Sticker star was just ugggggghhh *shudders*

Man I bought Sticker Star on release day and I wanted to like it so bad. The writing was hilarious. But the combat could not have been any less fun. Worst part is I love stickers in real life and this game didn’t capture any of that excitement at all.

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Man I bought Sticker Star on release day and I wanted to like it so bad. The writing was hilarious. But the combat could not have been any less fun. Worst part is I love stickers in real life and this game didn’t capture any of that excitement at all.

That's entirely how I felt about Little Big Planet on the whole, just not fun enough with gameplay to motivate despite like the ideas behind it.

18 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

That's entirely how I felt about Little Big Planet on the whole, just not fun enough with gameplay to motivate despite like the ideas behind it.

Oh, good one! I felt the same way. Heard so much hype about it so I picked it up when I bought a PS3 (for the blu-ray support) and I just couldn’t understand what the appeal was. Clunky as hell for a physics sandbox. It made me wonder if PlayStation gamers were just starved for anything creative. 

2 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Lol that's when you know it was bad. Yea limiting how you can attack and how many times was terrible. Not to mention when I got completely stuck halfway through the game and no online guides could tell me what to do next.

1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

Oh, good one! I felt the same way. Heard so much hype about it so I picked it up when I bought a PS3 (for the blu-ray support) and I just couldn’t understand what the appeal was. Clunky as hell for a physics sandbox. It made me wonder if PlayStation gamers were just starved for anything creative. 

We are of a like mind.  Kept hearing how awesome it was, by the time I got it it was on game of the year status at least.  The physics are fairly garbage, but I even tried the sequel and psp title too to see if it would get better and it went worse.  I think it was starving for a platformer like Mario or Sonic, something flat but not to get cute with and it just fails.  As a design game, they did nice, beat Mario Maker to the punch though Nintendo has done design a game since the Famicom times really (Excitebike, Wrecking Crew, etc) but still, it's (LBP) as a game to play just not fun.  The starving crack may be right, same time that their battle royale smash knockoff hit then floundered as did their mario kart wannabe modnation racers too.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

Its not really a bad game, but I wish playstation all stars was "better"

I had a lot of fun with the game with all that I did with it when I was documenting its prototype...But at the same time, I wish there were more third party characters, more stages, maybe better DLC, and a storyline.

While I had a ton of fun with it, it was all stuff that the retail gamer was never meant to do, so it'd have been fun for there to be more that the retail gamer could do.

Edited by kuriatsu

On 2/11/2020 at 2:04 PM, Gloves said:

I used their website contact form. 

Did you provide a resume or portfolio or something too? Not gonna lie, if you ever got the go-ahead I would want to be on that team. Glover is just kind of lame in spite of it all.

For me, it's definitely Lost Planet 3 - Just give it back to the LP2 team, release a new one, and pretend the 3 we got never happened. Also, please take LP2 off of Games for Windows Live, thank you.

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, koifish said:

Did you provide a resume or portfolio or something too? Not gonna lie, if you ever got the go-ahead I would want to be on that team. Glover is just kind of lame in spite of it all.

For me, it's definitely Lost Planet 3 - Just give it back to the LP2 team, release a new one, and pretend the 3 we got never happened. Also, please take LP2 off of Games for Windows Live, thank you.

They provided no way to do so. I simply explained who I was and what my intentions were.

I feel like a lot of the suggestions in this thread are already pretty good games, or at least decent. If you don't think Actraiser 2 or Skyblazer are good games, you gotta have pretty damn high standards.

Image result for 8-eyes

Anyway my take would be 8 Eyes. There's so much stuff I should love in this game. The Castlevania like stages, the gloomy atmosphere, the controllable familiar, the mega man-style stage section, and especially the bait-run-and-counter combat, which feels very unique for an NES game.

But pretty much nothing of it works. It's almost baffling how broken this game is, and how everything it set out to do pretty much failed. It's really sad, because I think it could have been an extremely enjoyable game in the hands of a competent developer.

On 2/13/2020 at 1:44 AM, PineappleLawnchair said:

I'd say Bioshock Infinite, but it's more "I wish i didn't pre-order this" than actually wishing it was good. Game's such a god damned bland, cobbled together mess of a shooter, chalk full of shoehorned political bullshit and other crap that just doesn't make sense because they kept scrapping and restarting the game.

Absolutely this. I loved the first Bioshock, but Infinite is such a terribly designed mess. It's just not fun to play, the pacing is clumsy, and the story is embarrassing. The first few minutes really had me hooked, but the further I worked into the game there more I just hated it. I really really wanted to like it.

Edited by Sumez

On 2/13/2020 at 7:42 PM, The Strangest said:

I don’t think you are/could be like that. You’d have to try really hard. There’s a difference between analyzing stuff and pointing out flaws and being a dick to people who enjoy those things. The dude had never even played FF3/6, he just thought Infinite was the peak of all gaming.

I’m playing through the first Phantasy Star now and I keep hearing how 2 and 3 are less than stellar. I really want to just skip to 4 but I hear the stories are linked.

Phantasy Star II is one of my favorites. It has a high encounter rate... that's about the only thing I can think of that could be improved. The story is great, the music is excellent, and the graphics are pretty good. There's also a remake of it for the PS2 that was released in Japan only, but I'm sure there's an English patch floating around. I prefer the original to the remake, though.

I couldn't get into Phantasy Star. I don't tend to like dungeon crawlers, which is the main reason.

Phantasy Star III has a completely different vibe from the others. Absolutely hate the battle system and the music it grates your ears with when a battle starts. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING??:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7i_0AMLVb4&list=PLM61SnQMU4vwMazsDHXSyuB2Vy1i2MpHO&index=14

Athena, crap that could have been good if just a few things were fixed, the worst issue is the randomness of the jumping, sometimes short sometimes high, never know, but I didn't feel in control, like she was just jumping however the @#$% she wanted.

Ikari Warriors, too damn slow, like between Dr Jekyll and this, this one is worst because the stages are dreadfully long and for a shooter, overhead run and run, whatever, you need to be able to dodge to avoid attacks, instead they feel like they are walking, trudging through the thickest mud, or drying glue. Not saying they need to be as fast as those in Guerrilla War, but a little more speed would have not only made the game more playable but also actually fun.

X-Men. I don't know what to say about this one that could save it, maybe a completely different type of game, better off just playing one of the Sega Genesis X-Men games. Actually I don't care about this one, it could mutant into a puddle of ooze for all I care.