IGNORED

What 'crappy' game do you wish was good?

Nintegageo

Rad Racer II.  I actually feel like it had the "bones" to be a much better game than the original but it completely feels like they started down the right path and then someone in management told them to get it out the door in 2 more weeks. Parts of it feel polished, while other parts feel like it was kept in a test state, and they didn't have the time to expand the tracks, the radio tunes or even add another car or two.

• Like 1

It wasn't totally crappy but Addams Family Values (SNES) was a challenge to play - it had some pretty nasty flaws - the worst of which was a password system that used these gothic looking letters that were largely indisti'nguishable.  So you would write down what you thought was the password only that it wasn't.  Also the game looked liked it was rushed into production before it was polished up - for example there was a bridge mentioned in the manual that was nowhere in the game - there were some items you could see but couldn't reach without it - nothing super critical but frustrating because it was unobtainable - kinda like those goofy chests in Shining Force II.

Edited by Wandering Tellurian

spyroetd.thumb.jpg.36dc54a245a8afa7e2ea9e58c7e1797c.jpg

I don't hate it, but it really could've used a few more months of development time. So far I have found over fifty glitches, several of which are game-breaking. Also, I've recently been informed that there are several more.

Not sure if anyone remembers my Spyro topic on NintendoAge, but I still consider this the glitchiest game ever made. Yes, even more glitchy than Action 52, Cheetahmen II, Big Rigs, and Sonic '06.

Edited by MegaMan52

35 minutes ago, Wandering Tellurian said:

I am not sure if King Arthur and the Knights of Justice could have ever been a good game - but the box art sure led you to believe that  it could.  It was so miserable that it was the only game (other then dupes) that I ever traded in.

King_Arthur_and_the_Knights_of_Justice_cover_art.jpg

I used to love that cartoon. They had good source material.

Edited by Californication

13 minutes ago, Californication said:

I used to love that cartoon. They had good source material.

It also had a good pre-publication in Nintendo Power IIRC which also led me to foolishly purchase it.    So I got gaffed twice on the damn thing........

5 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I wish Vandal Hearts 2 was a better game.  I loved the original so much and I would love nothing more than to play an extended version of that game.  Unfortunately, VH2 changed too much of the gameplay and I cannot get into it.

I actually had a lot of fun with that game despite the seriously flawed battle system.  I had a blast once I got the block making items making stairs, walls, forts and whatnot.   Kinda like having legos onscreen.  (My favorite part of the civilization games was building railroads once you developed enough - I usually made lots of railroads that I didn't really need.)

3 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Hey hey whoa there, no spoilers, I still haven't made it that far!

It's not bad, but the game play was replaced with reaaaaaaallllllyyyy long text cut scenes.  I am being 100% honest.  After you save and it feels like the game is about to transition into "story mode", expect to enter a text-driven cut scene where you will have to read for 30-45 minutes.  This is 95% of the reason why I never finished the game.  I loved it.  Enjoyed the game and the story, but as a 16 year old playing this game, it never failed.  It'd be 15 minutes before my bed time (yes, I had a bed time) and I'd run into a text wall and have to cut it off half way through.

I don't want a to spoil anything but anyone who wants to play this game needs to know that in order to finish the game, the majority of the game play on the second disc was not developed and was replaced with a lot of text.  It's still good and worth playing, but the game transitions significantly.

I know this is the bottom of the barrel and an odd choice, but I wish Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (NES) was better/playable.  The concept is novel and really great, but the game executes like a soggy pile of trash.  There is a weird glitch in the town level where the barrels come at you so fast that it is virtually impossible to complete the level (I've done it, but it wasn't easy or fun).  The core gameplay theory is interesting and could be fun if the game had more meat to it and the Dr. Jekyll levels were more smartly designed.

3 hours ago, Californication said:

Skyblazer on the SNES has great graphics and power ups and the game feels just bland because of the level design.

I feel like someone should be able to hack that into a good game.

Ugh, yes. I bought that game recently and was excited to try it out. The graphics were beautiful and you can tell most of it was well executed, but the levels were just not interesting.

This is controversial for some reason but I’m going to say it: Kingdom Hearts III is not a bad game. But I wish it had lived up to what every fan wanted it to be. I know that sounds ridiculous, but the problem is they built up a story with a bunch of character arcs, plotlines, etc. and then blueballed us for the conclusion for 13 years. The fanbase had 13 years to imagine what they wanted the conclusion to be like, and unfortunately it didn’t meet everyone’s standards. I was overall satisfied, but wanted a few more story parts fleshed out.

The battle system? Best in the series. One of the best battle systems of all action RPGs. And people who think the Disney worlds had nothing to do with the main story weren’t actually paying attention to the main story/final act at all. But after how long we waited and how long we had to imagine the game we wanted it to be, I can see where others became disappointed when it wasn’t that game.

14 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

Final Fantasy XV.  I liked the premise of getting to be Japanese NSync, but it just wasn’t a good game.

I've never had the chance to play this game, but to me it just felt like it'd been a long time since Final Fantasy VIII, so it was about time to re-experience that travesty.