IGNORED

What PlayStation stuff do you collect?

Hammerfestus

being that i more or less started my romhacking and eventual development careed from playstations, i've collected a wide assortment of stuff over the years.

I used to collect basically everything PlayStation, but lately due to lack of money and interest shifting towards the NES, i've only kept my collection at things i really wanted to own. Namely that translates to:

- Parasite eve Everything

- Zill O'll everything

- Utawarerumono everything

- assortment of "shiny" items such as sealed 1st print FF7, devkits, Yaroze, some betas, and of course, everyone's favourite weird disk, the Ayumi Hamasaki dome tour PS2 DVD which includes a pink web browser

aside that, I've amassed a pile of psp and ps3 "collector's edition" (big boxes) of all sorts of japanese games that i've been meaning to offload for a long time now, since i just lack funds to collect them 😛

I can take pictures later on if anyone's interested.

Speaking of internet things, @spacepup are those usb modems official by any chance ?

I have some sourcecodes of an USB ethernet adapter driver for ps2 that mention an assortment of supported devices but i've never actually ran into an "official" one. I'd have to assume one exists because the SDK comes with drivers for it.

• 1 year later...

I tend to collect more Nintendo systems, games, and accessories, but have always been a big fan of the PS1. I have a launch model PS1, along with a longbox copy of Rayman: 

A Pac-Man World demo disc: 

A Crash Bandicoot 2 shirt that I got when the game was new: 

crashbandicoot2shirt.thumb.jpg.dc9fe4ee69d739b0e3704f3213f80792.jpg

My original copy of Mega Man 8 that I've had since 2000: 

megaman8ps1.jpg.613890e4f64c333a17104d545ceff1fa.jpg

megaman8ps1disc.jpg.47dfdd4bcbc48317c403e51f9a5caeb7.jpg

I have a lot of other PS1 games, demo discs, accessories, etc. I'll post more pics when I have a little more time.

• 4 months later...

I have about 180 PS1 games (includes a few Japanese imports - and a Japanese PS1 to play them) -includes pretty much all of the RPGs.  I also have a neat store display sign in a metal case that is about 10" by 48" that has the color logo and is backlit by a flourescent bulb.

• 6 months later...
Social Team · Posted

I'm a pretty big PlayStation fan but any more I only actively collect PS3, PS4, & PS5 consoles.  I also am actively going for a full set of NA PSVR games.  I think the main reason is that I didn't get into current console gaming until PS3.  A lot of PS1 and PS2 titles are available though PS3.  Maybe once I get my backwards compatible PS3 from GoodWill fixed I'll be more open to collecting physical copies of the earlier PlayStation stuff that I can find on PS3.

Also was surprised how there was little interest in the PSP and PS Vita.  I love my PS Vita but damn if it isn't expensive to collect for that system.  If anything I love the PS Vita for playing PSOne & PSP digital games.

1 hour ago, FireHazard51 said:

I love my PS Vita but damn if it isn't expensive to collect for that system.

I’m going for a complete Japanese Vita collection and it’s the opposite haha. Haven’t spent over $20 for a game yet, most around $10-15. It was huge in Japan though, so heaps of supply of games.

I’d love to have a complete Japanese PS2 collection one day, but there’s just so many games for the system that it feels way too large of a task. 

• Wow! 1

Social Team · Posted
12 minutes ago, Brickman said:

I’m going for a complete Japanese Vita collection and it’s the opposite haha. Haven’t spent over $20 for a game yet, most around $10-15. It was huge in Japan though, so heaps of supply of games.

I’d love to have a complete Japanese PS2 collection one day, but there’s just so many games for the system that it feels way too large of a task. 

So is the PS Vita region free?  I don't mind buying imports if they have English subtitles.  I may need a list of your favorite Japanese imports that are playable with English as their only language.

Administrator · Posted
14 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

So is the PS Vita region free?  I don't mind buying imports if they have English subtitles.  I may need a list of your favorite Japanese imports that are playable with English as their only language.

If I recall, most of the English language Asian versions of games were the Chinese or Korean or some such version, rather than Japanese specifically. I recall buying some rather specific regional variants off PlayAsia back in the day. 

Soul Sacrifice was one of the first I bought from Asia, and happily they ended up releasing it over here. Also Cladun Sengoku, which I'd suggest the English version of since being able to read the big menus is important. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FireHazard51 said:

The Vita is region free but I don’t think much of it is English friendly from Japan. You’ll need to grab the Asia version which had English as option (at least that’s what I’ve heard).