IGNORED

What PlayStation stuff do you collect?

Hammerfestus

I’d like to hear what sort of PlayStation stuff everyone collects?  

For me it’s PS1 (over 500 titles) mostly.  I’ve actually been shrinking the collection lately.  I’m always on the lookout for RPGs and frustratingly enough, Lightspan titles.

I also accidentally collected a bunch of PS2 stuff and my PS4 collection slowly continues to grow.  I’m finding that in fact with some digging it is not all shooters.

Administrator · Posted

I am a huge PlayStation fan and collect it way more than Nintendo or any other company.

I collect games for pretty much all PlayStation consoles if they are games I like - but I probably have more PlayStation 2 games than any other console.  It is probably my favorite console of all time if I HAD to pick one, and there are just too many great games to even count.

Over the past couple years, I've been specifically more interested in PS1 and PS2 demos, and and interesting import titles across all PS consoles.  

I have approximately 200 USA PS2 demos, as well as about 200 Japan PS2 demos/taikenbans.  

The collection set that I'm quite happy with and has been particularly difficult, is that I have 36 of 42 USA PS2 "Trade Demos" which were PS2 samples used by reviewers, etc.  Most of them are actually full games and not demos, and they usually differ just slightly from the final retail release.  There are 6 remaining that I still need, and they are VERY hard to find.

I have lots of extra PS1 and PS2 games that I need to get around to selling, so hopefully once things settle down here I can help out some other PlayStation collectors here!

27 minutes ago, spacepup said:

I am a huge PlayStation fan and collect it way more than Nintendo or any other company.

I collect games for pretty much all PlayStation consoles if they are games I like - but I probably have more PlayStation 2 games than any other console.  It is probably my favorite console of all time if I HAD to pick one, and there are just too many great games to even count.

Over the past couple years, I've been specifically more interested in PS1 and PS2 demos, and and interesting import titles across all PS consoles.  

I have approximately 200 USA PS2 demos, as well as about 200 Japan PS2 demos/taikenbans.  

The collection set that I'm quite happy with and has been particularly difficult, is that I have 36 of 42 USA PS2 "Trade Demos" which were PS2 samples used by reviewers, etc.  Most of them are actually full games and not demos, and they usually differ just slightly from the final retail release.  There are 6 remaining that I still need, and they are VERY hard to find.

I have lots of extra PS1 and PS2 games that I need to get around to selling, so hopefully once things settle down here I can help out some other PlayStation collectors here!

Man, demo collecting must be quite the adventure.  I don’t imagine after a certain point it’s very easy to find new stuff.  At one point I tried to get into PS1 demos but It was too much for me. 

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

Man, demo collecting must be quite the adventure.  I don’t imagine after a certain point it’s very easy to find new stuff.  At one point I tried to get into PS1 demos but It was too much for me. 

It is.  Can be challenging, but kinda fun.  For US, I at least know for the most part which ones exist.

For Asian Regions, I had a decent list, but I’ve expanded it time and time again, finding new items that I couldn’t find referenced anywhere on the internet, even using Japanese searches and pouring through places like Yahoo Auctions, etc.  So it is kinda neat to keep finding new things and documenting them.

I’d never go after the full ps2 retail set, and I typically don’t do fullsets anyway, so I enjoy the smaller subsets, like with demos.

I love me some Playstation. I collect PS 1- 4. I love the PS1 the most and still get impressed by the power that little machine has. I have 22 PS1 ntsc titles and will be done collecting for ntsc games I want to own with probably 8 more games. I don't play turn based rpg's so I save a lot on the PS1, 2 and SNES. I still have plenty of games to get on the jntsc side of my PS1 collection.

Edited by Californication
  • Like 1

I only collect some PS1 stuff.   I had a full longbox set (102 games IIRC) CIB but then trimmed to just my favorites, about a dozen or so.  Still have around 200-250 PS1 CIBs and casually collect it going forward.

Twisted Metal 2 is one of my top 5 favorite games all time, regardless of platform.  And this is coming from a NES -> Gen -> N64 kid!

• Love 1

Administrator · Posted
Just now, ICrappedMyPants said:

Question: Should I play the original RE2 before the remake? I’ve been holding off on playing the latter in case I should.

If you're actively into PS1 games, yes. It's a great game, and IMO the BEST RE game. It's entirely worth playing both IMO, but definitely play the original before the remake, and if you're going to only play one, play the remake.

Administrator · Posted

I thought you guys might be interested in this....maybe hah.

People often ask what sort of PlayStation things I'm talking about when I say I collect random and obscure items, mostly from Japan, so here is just one example of one of the sort of 'subsets' that I've been collecting over the years.  I present to you a mini collection of Japanese PlayStation 2 Modem and Network-type Accessory / Hardware + Software releases.  There are others, but these are most of the popular ones.  Eventually, I think I'll make a blog or something to highlight some of the strange and interesting things I have, but in the meantime, checkout the pic!  Maybe there is one other person out there in North America who actually cares about this stuff like I do! 🙂

IMG_6966.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spacepup said:

I thought you guys might be interested in this....maybe hah.

People often ask what sort of PlayStation things I'm talking about when I say I collect random and obscure items, mostly from Japan, so here is just one example of one of the sort of 'subsets' that I've been collecting over the years.  I present to you a mini collection of Japanese PlayStation 2 Modem and Network-type Accessory / Hardware + Software releases.  There are others, but these are most of the popular ones.  Eventually, I think I'll make a blog or something to highlight some of the strange and interesting things I have, but in the meantime, checkout the pic!  Maybe there is one other person out there in North America who actually cares about this stuff like I do! 🙂

IMG_6966.jpg

Japanese stuff for any system has always seemed like an impenetrable wall to me.  There’s just so much of it and I don’t have the first clue what anything on any of the boxes says.