IGNORED

Not mint Shantae CIB just went for over $2k

MiamiSlice

@MiamiSlice The funny thing is that what you said about MetalJesusRocks is one reason why I gave up on building a graded comic book collection. It's all about this hype that is not even there. And seeing how much these dunderheads are losing, the mistakes I have made since joining this site is not as bad. So while I like being part of this community, I'll also hope one of you guys will send me off to an institution if I made the mistake of paying premium for piece of said "hype". 😅

• Like 1

There is far too much complaining about current prices when everyone had over 15+ years to buy most of these titles were cheap and choose not to. When you have that I’ll get around to it mentality what do you think will happen? Someone else got around to and decided it was worth the price. If it not for you that’s fine.... if people dump new money into the hobby then I think that’s great. Every year for the last 10 years, especially on NA, there was a bubble pop prediction, then everything cooled and it took off again. So is life when you wait around. 

Edited by Mr. CIB
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Mr. CIB said:

There is far too much complaining about current prices when everyone had over 15+ years to buy most of these titles were cheap and choose not to. When you have that I’ll get around to it mentality what do you think will happen? Someone else got around to and decided it was worth the price. If it not for you that’s fine.... if people dump new money into the hobby then I think that’s great. Every year for the last 10 years, especially on NA, there was a bubble pop prediction, then everything cooled and it took off again. So is life when you wait around. 

Yeah... Tell us how many of those complainers you are bringing up have lived with the type of benefit that allows them to call those games "cheap". 🤨

Because those complaining were either too young, too broke/poor, or had no means of knowing these games existed. Something those you have excused will never really discuss simply because having more viewers is the only thing important to them. Things that I, among others, either have said or would say if you were willing to listen. But since you think it's "our fault" for not having your benefits... I do not know what I can say to you. 😑

Edited by FenrirZero
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, FenrirZero said:

Yeah... Tell us how many of those complainers you are bringing up have lived with the type of benefit that allows them to call those games "cheap". 🤨

Because those complaining were either too young, too broke/poor, or had no means of knowing these games existed. Something those you have excused will never really discuss simply because having more viewers is the only thing important to them. Things that I, among others, either have said or would say if you were willing to listen. But since you think it's "our fault" for not having your benefits... I do not know what I can say to you. 😑

Cheap is what it is.... cheap. If you want clarity that means $20 or less to me ($10 ten years ago). If $20 isn’t affordable then you should re-evaluate if collecting games is for you at the current time..... but what does this have to do with life benefits? I’ll address a couple things in your statement. 

People who start collecting in recent times 2010- later had far more resources (internet/forums) and access to knowledge than when I started my journey in collecting.... no reason not to be informed. Games from PS1, PS2, GameCube, GBA, Nintendo DS, 3DS, XBox have been around, even up to a year ago, at reasonable prices.The information has always been out there people decided to put them off. The problem is a lot of people in collecting follow “trends” instead of stying ahead of the trend.

I’m happy for all the new people jumping in the collecting game. I want them to build great collections. I’m not upset about what they decide to pay for items they want. In due time they will educate themself and realize some items they overpaid for but that’s apart of growing in any collecting hobby. 

So we are clear.... I built myself and my collection off hard work, no freebies, no rich parents, no social media and I seriously doubt you were EVER as poor/broke as I was. I never make excuses in life and don’t blame others for why I can’t afford what I desire...... I bust my @ss and find a way or wait till it’s my turn. 

In your statement you sound like your a little sour at others because they can find a way to acquire things they want which is “your fault”. 

Edited by Mr. CIB
  • Haha 1

On 8/3/2020 at 4:57 AM, MiamiSlice said:

I concur 100%. A lot of the price spikes are driven by noob buyers who just BIN or pay any price to get a game and they follow YouTubers and that’s where they get their picks. MetalJesusRocks says some game is a “gem” and suddenly the volume of sales on that game skyrockets. These buyers also hunt down a series any time a sequel is announced so that’s how you had Paper Mario and Animal Crossing doubling in value almost overnight. Shantae has had multiple sequels on PS4/Switch. Wendy hasn’t. 

This was something I was thinking about since most of it is based on facts, not not some elitist snobbery. So if I have not said it before, I will now. And that is the fact I have experienced both ends of this issue. With the difference being that I was hoping that buying newer imports of any kind would help. However, it never did. And while I would have liked to get certain domestic titles, the ones I wanted are no longer available. Along with the ones I am remotely interested in either being hyped up or scarce.

Plus I tried to whole CIB bit. I support it because sealed is not always an option. But it is not for me. Hence why I am going to hope this buyer improves their means of collecting next year.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, FenrirZero said:

This was something I was thinking about since most of it is based on facts, not not some elitist snobbery. So if I have not said it before, I will now. And that is the fact I have experienced both ends of this issue. With the difference being that I was hoping that buying newer imports of any kind would help. However, it never did. And while I would have liked to get certain domestic titles, the ones I wanted are no longer available. Along with the ones I am remotely interested in either being hyped up or scarce.

Plus I tried to whole CIB bit. I support it because sealed is not always an option. But it is not for me. Hence why I am going to hope this buyer improves their means of collecting next year.

Funny thing about what you are saying (funny like sad, not funny like ha ha) is I've heard Japanese collectors don't like American collectors buying games from Japan because that increase in demand has driven up prices on Japanese games and made some games harder to find. Obviously to us getting a Japanese Pokemon Yellow CIB for $30 feels cheap but if you think about the price for Japanese games doubling over there (Pokemon Yellow going from the Yen equivalent of $15 to $30) because Americans start buying it (and the games start going to eBay with international shipping options instead of going to Yahoo Auctions, etc.) then you can imagine their frustration. I can't think off the top of my head what are the best examples of this but one that comes to mind is American collectors buying GameCubes from Japan and modding them. 

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 8:04 AM, MiamiSlice said:

Funny thing about what you are saying (funny like sad, not funny like ha ha) is I've heard Japanese collectors don't like American collectors buying games from Japan because that increase in demand has driven up prices on Japanese games and made some games harder to find. Obviously to us getting a Japanese Pokemon Yellow CIB for $30 feels cheap but if you think about the price for Japanese games doubling over there (Pokemon Yellow going from the Yen equivalent of $15 to $30) because Americans start buying it (and the games start going to eBay with international shipping options instead of going to Yahoo Auctions, etc.) then you can imagine their frustration. I can't think off the top of my head what are the best examples of this but one that comes to mind is American collectors buying GameCubes from Japan and modding them. 

Yeah... We already got the "funny" ha ha in this topic. (Which is why I am I moved on past it.) 😅

But I should note that I heard something about that long ago. A (former) friend of mine (way back when) complained about these types of collectors. He told me that collectors back then hated how "important" these buyers seemed to act. So while many might not have minded that copies of Pokemon Green were bought, the lack of consideration became an issue. It ended up being why he sold off his import Dragon Ball collection and shifted towards Star Wars. Which was during the PS2 and GC days. So I have no idea if he shifted back. (He sold his expensive stuff prior to moving. And we lost touch by the time the PS3 was a thing.)

And with me, my issues are with those who think their benefits grant them the ability to say or act any way they want to. I mean they are no better than those who you are also complaining about. Because while they are not hyping up a game because they are thirsty, they are still doing a disservice to this community. And worse, they make their collection be the victim of their utter garbage behavior. Regardless of how nice and/or complete it is. Which is why I have the means to relate to those who complain, while also questioning why they are not working smarter at achieving their goals.

EDIT #1: I should also note that I am a TRPG collector, not a video game collector. So I prefer narration over both hype and self-hype of any kind.

EDIT #2: I should also note that I have experienced what I have said elsewhere. Hence an additional reason why I have not found my means of collecting sooner.

Edited by FenrirZero
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2020 at 4:49 PM, Sir Centroid said:

That said, watch the same thing happen to Wendy Every Witch Way. Both developed by Wayforward, both are about even on a rarity chart, and both are pretty darn fun.

I wonder what's stopping Wayforward from doing a remake or spiritual successor for Wendy. There was a DS game as well published by Natsume. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I wonder what's stopping Wayforward from doing a remake or spiritual successor for Wendy. There was a DS game as well published by Natsume. 

I don't know why they haven't attempted a spiritual successor, but as far as why they haven't done just a flat out remake, that may have to do with the fact that it isn't their IP. Since she's from the Wendy the Good Little Witch / Casper the Friendly Ghost comics that were published by Harvey Comics, maybe that has something to do with it? 

6 hours ago, Jfreakofkorn said:

Seems odd with this game . What are sealed copies , cib , and loose going for nowaday(s) . . . Beaides at what is listed on these online game value site(s) (which can be inaccurate at times ) ? 

Sales for cart only copies range from 70-120+ now. The last CIB copy that I saw, sold for $300 (or $400, I don't remember), and I don't think that it was even up on eBay for over an hour. You're easily probably looking at around $400-$500+ for a CIB copy, or maybe even more, depending on how crazy people get. Finally, the last brand new copy that showed up was listed for $500, and seeing as how that also sold in no time, I would bet that if the next brand new copy were to be listed at $600-$700, it would likely sell in little to no time at all.

Tl;dr Wendy Every Witch Way

Cart Only: $100+ (Or wait and get lucky with getting one for $70-$80)

CIB: $400+

Brand New: $600+

These numbers will likely be significantly higher in a year or two. Also, a word of warning. WWF Betrayal, Sabrina Zapped, and to some extent Xtreme Sports, will all likely follow suit. For any GBC collectors out there that don't want a small sub category of games bending them over a table, get them out of the way NOW. It's only going to get worse from here.

Edited by Sir Centroid