IGNORED

Ebay search help

Gutling

Member · Posted

To further add to that, just try something like this:

nintendo switch games -diablo -pokemon -"remove phrase"

Adding the "-" will filter out the next term, and if there's a phrase you want to filter out, just put it in quotes.  Also, when looking for older games, sometimes I have to add to the end of my queries something like -jap -japan -japanese -import -pal just to filter out the imports.

• Like 1

Member · Posted

Yeah, that's the thing. You can't filter without a search but to search, you have to have relevant terms.

An alternative is to just search "switch" and then add your filters. Once the results are returned, navigate to the specific category you want to browse.

Searching for switch games will net you thousands of results so that second method may not be necessary but when I'm searching for uncommon items with generic words as part of the name, drilling down to the "Video Games \Games" category and selecting a specific system has yielded different results, and can catch the missed game.

• Like 1

You can also hit the "in description" box - which will bring up things (such as "switch") that are not listed in the title.  Like many of the search functions it sometimes brings up stuff that bears no resemblence to what you are looking for though.

Edited by Wandering Tellurian
  • Like 1