• Live Scallop Sashimi
  • Urchin
  • Pig's Feet
  • Kishka
  • Blood Sausage
  • Raw Beef Liver
  • Fried Chicken Gizzards (soooo tough)
  • Shiokara

Shiokara was by far the grossest. I would have been fine with just the tentacle portion, but the fermented gut paste was just so nasty. I did finish it, but never again.

• Like 2

Events Helper · Posted
5 hours ago, MachineCode said:

I'm sure there's more but here's a sampling

• Calves Liver
  • Chicken Liver
  • Kidney
  • Foie Gras
  • Pate
  • Escargot
  • Raw Oyster and Clams
  • Live Scallop Sashimi
  • Urchin
  • Pig's Feet
  • Kishka
  • Blood Sausage
  • Raw Beef Liver
  • Fried Chicken Gizzards (soooo tough)
  • Shiokara

Shiokara was by far the grossest. I would have been fine with just the tentacle portion, but the fermented gut paste was just so nasty. I did finish it, but never again.

Every bit of this is disgusting 🤣.  I don't believe I would try any of it.  IMO guts aren't made for eatin.  But to each their own.  Like I said, my wife likes Chicken liver/gizzard fried.

1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

Every bit of this is disgusting 🤣.  I don't believe I would try any of it.  IMO guts aren't made for eatin.  But to each their own.  Like I said, my wife likes Chicken liver/gizzard fried.

Fried chicken livers are awesome if they're done right.  You can eat them by the bucket-full.

(most bird/poultry organs are really good -- livers, gizzards, hearts, kidneys -- but the livers are the best)

Escargot just tastes like butter.

And while I've never had raw clams, raw oysters are great with some horseradish.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

Fried chicken livers are awesome if they're done right.  You can eat them by the bucket-full.

(most bird/poultry organs are really good -- livers, gizzards, hearts, kidneys -- but the livers are the best)

Escargot just tastes like butter.

And while I've never had raw clams, raw oysters are great with some horseradish.

Liver is amazing. Love it. The gizzards though, like hard rubber. I actually prefer raw clams to oysters. Less slimy texture to em and I like the taste better, depending on the type of clam.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeevan said:

Everything up to and including raw oysters and clams is actually really good IMO. The rest I enjoy with the exception of the final 3. Those were more Andrew Zimmern type affairs for me.

• Like 1