IGNORED

Prices coming down on 16 bit.

ErickRPG

I've checked a few titles for SNES and Genesis and all of them went from like $130+ to under $90.  Is this a time of year thing or something else?  What explains the drop?

Super Mario RPG, Shadowrun, Moonwalker all have gone down.  And I bet if I check more the overall trend is prices down.

5 hours ago, Californication said:

That seems normal. In my head i generally consider that $170 for the last year or two. With taxes for me that would be almost $180.

A lot of people forget the sales tax impact that was not part of eBay a year ago.  6-10% of the decline in loose prices can be attributed to sales tax.

I have also noticed a downward trend on some titles that I follow, but I haven't been keeping track super close.  Whether it's a temporary swing or a full-on market correction remains to be seen, I think.  I do believe there is a bubble on many of these titles that won't hold, but that's just pure hopeful speculation on my part!

• 1 month later...

I have to imagine with the economic uncertainty, all collectible markets will be trending downward.

I've already seen a lot of people listing entire collections, or their own personal centerpieces up on eBay due to the coronavirus.

I imagine if things don't get back up and running soon (which, they shouldn't for health reasons) then collectibles will quickly lose value as people begin sacrificing their non-essentials first.

2 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

I have to imagine with the economic uncertainty, all collectible markets will be trending downward.

I've already seen a lot of people listing entire collections, or their own personal centerpieces up on eBay due to the coronavirus.

I imagine if things don't get back up and running soon (which, they shouldn't for health reasons) then collectibles will quickly lose value as people begin sacrificing their non-essentials first.

this is my thought but common newcomer stuff seems to be up right now. i think people are impulse buying old tender tapes 1 week in to lock down (possibly leaning on a stimulus check). 

i hear wii sales are out of the roof right now. 

11 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

this is my thought but common newcomer stuff seems to be up right now. i think people are impulse buying old tender tapes 1 week in to lock down (possibly leaning on a stimulus check). 

i hear wii sales are out of the roof right now. 

Yeah, it's about time for Wii to get also nostalgiafied. The Wii was released Q4-2006 so, the 5 to 12 year olds from then are now 18-25 now.

Though, with 1000+ games I don't see too many "full set" collectors.

12 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

Yeah, it's about time for Wii to get also nostalgiafied. The Wii was released Q4-2006 so, the 5 to 12 year olds from then are now 18-25 now.

Though, with 1000+ games I don't see too many "full set" collectors.

guess my time of finding ultimate shooting collection on the cheap has taken an ugly turn.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/4/2020 at 10:18 PM, ThePhleo said:

It's been... 19 days since this reply, which I totally agreed with, and I'm looking at sold prices and shaking my head. Some stuff is down but then other stuff is way up. It seems crazy to me. Are people gonna regret buying stuff at these high prices in a couple months? 

On 4/23/2020 at 8:50 PM, MiamiSlice said:

It's been... 19 days since this reply, which I totally agreed with, and I'm looking at sold prices and shaking my head. Some stuff is down but then other stuff is way up. It seems crazy to me. Are people gonna regret buying stuff at these high prices in a couple months? 

I don't see it. It's ludicrous to assume old games were going to sink when the vast majority of America was given free money and a stay at home order, and video games sales were already on fire from what i heard.  Assuming the economy gets back on track and doesn't just depress, they're probably going to keep a good chunk of their added value also.

Edited by PineappleLawnchair
  • Like 1

that wii stuff that is selling hot right now is going to end up in a dumpster fire when its all said and done. " I gotta go back to work? havent played this wii i paid $100+ for during lock down, wonder how much i can get for it?" looks on ebay and sees a billion listings sitting idle... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skinnygrinny said:

that wii stuff that is selling hot right now is going to end up in a dumpster fire when its all said and done. " I gotta go back to work? havent played this wii i paid $100+ for during lock down, wonder how much i can get for it?" looks on ebay and sees a billion listings sitting idle... 

Same for the Switch stuff. Lots of Ring Fits and Animal Crossings and so on will be hitting the market when everyone is back to work.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2020 at 8:13 PM, a3quit4s said:

I did get Mega Man x3 for $140 in great shape last week too. Would have never thought that would happen last year. 

I got a nice copy last summer for 180 and was so fired up. Searched for that game in better than good condition at a reasonable price forever. So much for my good deal lol. Always wondered why certain Capcom snes games are so hard to find in good condition. Had a similarly crazy long search to find a decent final fight 3 at a price.