IGNORED

Atari 7800 full US list with variants/7800 lovefest

I've caught up with you again, thru Galaga. So far I owe you 3 scans: the above mentioned Centipede, an 88 Galaga, and a Dig Dug manual that's different than yours. I've also got the 2 CART2/CART3 Taiwan anomalies  I listed above that disagree with you site.  

Looks like the description of what's italicized is switched between versions c and d for both Food Fight and Galaga.

My notes say I have a 32-in-1 manual but I haven't yet found that box.

Overall it's looking great so keep up the good work.

On 8/22/2021 at 1:10 PM, Philflound said:

Spent several hours on the site. I have everything done through Galaga. I'm a little confused with the 32 in 1 manual. Can someone explain an order to me, or maybe how I should order the pages if there really isn't one? Look at Atari Age for the scans and give me your opinion please.

https://atariage.com/manual_thumbs.php?SoftwareLabelID=1013

Here is one side of the 32-in-1 manual.

20210823_230756.jpg

Edited by JeremiahJT
Grammar

On 8/22/2021 at 1:10 PM, Philflound said:

Spent several hours on the site. I have everything done through Galaga. I'm a little confused with the 32 in 1 manual. Can someone explain an order to me, or maybe how I should order the pages if there really isn't one? Look at Atari Age for the scans and give me your opinion please.

https://atariage.com/manual_thumbs.php?SoftwareLabelID=1013

Here is the other side.

20210823_230816.jpg

Thanks, I'm debating on putting the 32-1 title as page 1, even though it's page 2.

Added the next 2 titles last night. I have Impossible Mission and will do that tonight (hopefully) and then I have to jump to other titles because of fixed scans I'm waiting on.

I hope you guys are seeing variations you never saw before. I always love doing the research. Thanks.

Phil

6 hours ago, Philflound said:

Thanks, I'm debating on putting the 32-1 title as page 1, even though it's page 2.

Added the next 2 titles last night. I have Impossible Mission and will do that tonight (hopefully) and then I have to jump to other titles because of fixed scans I'm waiting on.

I hope you guys are seeing variations you never saw before. I always love doing the research. Thanks.

Phil

When it is folded it is the cover page.

The weekend saw some great progress. I have 2 games with box variations missing, I'm waiting on a few scans and should have those complete by Tuesday or Wednesday. Everything else is done through Motor Psycho (waiting on the end label of cartridge b for this, but it's done otherwise). Tomorrow I plan on doing Ms. Pac-Man. This game has 5 cartridge variations, 6 manuals and 6 boxes. Talk about fun. I'm waiting on more titles after that, but I have a few scattered later on that I have all the scans of, so you may see some games completed out of order. I'm hoping by the end of next weekend to have this completed. We'll see. Didn't miss my target date by too much. Thanks.

Phil

7 hours ago, nrslam said:

Regarding the Karateka 1988 Hong Kong cart.  This one was produced with both end label styles: The "ATARI 7800 ProSystem" label you've shown as version c and with the "ATARI 7800" label that was used on the '87 cart (your version b).  Seems they changed the end label sometime during 1988.

Thanks for pointing this out. I just looked at my CIB copy and sure enough, it's the one you said. I'm adding it now. They seem to be about even so I'm calling it C(ommon) also.

Edited by Philflound

Just added up to One on One Basketball and filled in a couple of others so everything is finished up until this point. I have all scans I believe up until Super Huey, so I'll get all that done in the next few days. If you've sent me any scans, I'll get to those after I complete the list. Seems like the end is getting more time consuming.

When i'm done, I'll make a list here of all items I need scans of. I believe that should almost be exclusively manuals, but I'll double check everything. I do need some end labels, but I usually don't list those. If there aren't too many, I may though. Thanks.

Phil

On 9/2/2021 at 7:58 PM, Philflound said:

This may sound like a dumb question, but is there a 2nd box for Pole Position II?  I'm assuming anything that came with the system didn't have one (text versions). But there are 2 Made in China carts and I would think there would be a China box. Any help on this?

Might be?   Easiest way is to check ebay auctions; there's tons of those still sealed.

42 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Might be?   Easiest way is to check ebay auctions; there's tons of those still sealed.

Trust me, I checked everything on Ebay. Cannot find a difference at all. Even all the completed listings too. I pretty much have everything done. Just waiting on throwing in a few scans I'm missing, so I haven't uploaded those pages yet. If you have anything I'm missing, or scans I don't have, feel free to help out. 🙂 

Thanks.

Phil

8 hours ago, Philflound said:

Almost done. Just waiting on scans. Have only 9 pages to go.

Need to clarify the Super Huey manual and Xenophobe manual. Atari Age has then both as 17 pages. I know this is incorrect. I'm just wondering which pages are blank. I'm assuming they both have 20 pages. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Phil

I'll check when I get home in a couple days.

Thanks. I'l fix that later one. I'm complete now with everything I have in my possession and in my database. I should later tonight upload the pdf file for everyone to view that contains everything including explanations of how each item is described. I'll also try and put up the list of missing items, should mostly be manuals. If I can, I'll list end labels missing. I missed my target by a week, which I'm happy I got it done that fast. 

As I've mentioned before, if you have something I don't have documented, or you own something I'm missing scans of, please get them to me. If I own scans of items that look crappy due to getting whatever I can, and you can replace them with better scans, also please get them to me. I'm here for proof, but it's great to have nice visuals to see.

Thanks to everyone who has helped. I'm sure there are variations out there not on the list. I'll try and keep up with it the best I can, but I'm sure it's pretty comprehensive.

Phil

Ok, here are the end labels and manuals I'm missing. End labels I'm being detailed, manuals, go to each game and see what the description of the missing manual. It's possible that the designation letter of the manual might change as I try and keep all releases in order with cartridges, manuals and boxes. I do recommend when comparing what you have in hand to what is on my site to closely look at font (normal/italics/size), ® = registered and ™ = trademark location, color, and size along with any placement of the printed letters. If you look at Choplifter end label b compared to c & d, you'll see a difference.

There are also some differences with Made in China CX78** in normal font and bold font. I believe the normal font may be PAL releases, but cannot confirm that. So look for the most subtle of differences. I may not always list the difference, or may combine it in the description, but if I feel it should be distinct, I'll put it.

End Labels needed:

Choplifter 1987 Taiwan

Crack'ed 1988 Hong Kong

Dig Dug 1987 Hong Kong only italics, 1987 Taiwan

Food Fight 1987 China, 1988 Hong Kong

Galaga 1987 Hong Kong only italics

Jinks 1989 Hong Kong

Joust 1987 China, 1988 Hong Kong

Karateka 1987 Taiwan

Mario Bros. 1988 China

Ms. Pac-Man 1988 Hong Kong

One on One 1987 Taiwan, 1988 Hong Kong