IGNORED

Could be the end of the line for me. In the hospital awaiting emergency surgery.

Neo Geo strong

4 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Best wishes @Neo Geo strong I just saw this.  Surgery will go well, they do amazing things nowadays.  A guy at my work just had the same thing happen to him awhile back.  He is back and doing well and has been for a couple months now.  

Thanks Jeevan, my doctor freaked me out he called me after my cat scan and said get to the hospital immediately and it can be life threatening.. he doesn’t have the best bed side manner Though..

• Like 2

Update the foreign body is much larger then they thought. I could easily  be here for a few weeks.

the nurse had to draw blood from 4 different veins for some test. I will let you know when the operation takes place. They are debating the best route while I get more imaging on my stomach/pelvis. The pain is unbearable!

Edited by Neo Geo strong
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Neo Geo strong said:

I’ve been having severe stomach pain the last two weeks

. I’ve done lots and lots of tests and now they finally figured out I have a 4 inch abysses in my stomach.

im in the hospital waiting to hear when I will be operated on. My doctor says this can be life threatening so I’m pretty nervous. 

I had a blast playing super Darius II last night.i did finally  beat it for the first time. Just not ready to check out, I’m not even 30 yet.

Just saw the thread right now. Good luck with everything! 

I got a bit confused with your original post - “abysses in stomach”. I was thinking “what the? Does he mean stomach ulcer?” Then I later figured “abscess”!

Nowadays abscess drainage or surgery is relatively safe. If you don’t have high temperatures it usually means the abscess is still localized so hopefully everything will be a smooth ride. Your doctor was right, you can die if not going to the ED. But hopefully, he should inform you also the probability of survival after treatment is very very high (think how common an appendicitis is and how many survive the treatment/surgery). Good luck in any case!

• Like 1

On 2/6/2020 at 1:47 PM, Neo Geo strong said:

Update the foreign body is much larger then they thought. I could easily  be here for a few weeks.

the nurse had to draw blood from 4 different veins for some test. I will let you know when the operation takes place. They are debating the best route while I get more imaging on my stomach/pelvis. The pain is unbearable!

Oh no, I was hoping you/they caught it before it got too serious and really life threatening but you make it sound like they kinda didn't 😞

Even though your in pain, try to think of it as having some time off work/responsibilities. Like your boss can't call you in on your day off when your in the hospital right?! It's something I did when I was in the hospital after my motorcycle accident, just a way to make yourself feel a little more positive.

I just had surgery myself earlier this week... though obviously nothing nearly the level of what you're dealing with. I was nervous enough but I cannot fathom what you are experiencing my friend.

I wish you nothing but the best and am looking forward to hear about your progress and recovery when you come out the other side! You got this! 💖

• Like 2

Update- the operation was on Thursday , things went well but I’ll be in the hospital for another week or so . They used a bunch of technics to drain the abscess it was the size of a softball which is much much larger then normal. They also put a JV drain in, they used a large needle to poke a hole in my stomach and inserted a tube it drains blood and other stuff out of the abscess in a small bag. They think my appendix burst as well so I may need another surgery to clean that up.

i have strep and two forms of e coli in my stomach in  the abscess... i know my spelling was bad in my original post sorry guys I was freaking out and didn’t take the time to check things over.

they have me on morphine and dilaudid. They are very strong IV opioids... 

I will be ok, thanks for all the kind thoughts and warm wishes. I do have a long road ahead but I’m no longer in danger of loosing my life! 

Edited by Neo Geo strong
  • Like 20

1 hour ago, Neo Geo strong said:

Update- the operation was on Thursday , things went well but I’ll be in the hospital for another week or so . They used a bunch of technics to drain the abscess it was the size of a softball which is much much larger then normal. They also put a JV drain in, they used a large needle to poke a hole in my stomach and inserted a tube it drains blood and other stuff out of the abscess in a small bag. They think my appendix burst as well so I may need another surgery to clean that up.

i have strep and two forms of e coli in my stomach in  the abscess... i know my spelling was bad in my original post sorry guys I was freaking out and didn’t take the time to check things over.

they have me on morphine and dilaudid. They are very strong IV opioids... 

I will be ok, thanks for all the kind thoughts and warm wishes. I do have a long road ahead but I’m no longer in danger of loosing my life! 

Great news! I was hopeful from your initial description that it was perforated appendicitis with an abscess. Drainage and antibiotics is great for initial treatment. I definitely recommend you go back and get your appendix out in a couple months or so when you're all healed up. Let us know when you finally get out of that place!

• Like 2