IGNORED

Sam's Journey on the NES has finally begun!

Knights of Bytes

Hi there, video gamers!

I'm Chester from the Knights of Bytes, and we would like to present you some teaser pictures and videos of Sam's Journey, our very first game for the NES. It's about a cute little hero called Sam who finds himself on an unexpected journey in a strange world.

sams-journey-ntsc-debug_000.png.e16f6022322dd14cf23c2963d64b5770.png

Sam's Journey (NES) · Title Picture

Sam may look cute, but he is fast and swift! And with the proper suit, he can change his appearance completely and be a fierce pirate with a mighty cutlass! You can see this in our first teaser video! Just click to play:

Sam's Journey (NES) · Sneak Peek #1 · "Here We Go, Sam!"

Sam's Journey (NES) · Sneak Peek #1 · "Here We Go, Sam!"

You've already seen Sam become a pirate with a mighty cutlass, but in the hot desert with its ancient temple ruins, a special climbing ability comes in much more handy. Enjoy our second teaser, featuring Ninja Sam and an Egyptian-style soundtrack! Just click to play:

Sam's Journey (NES) · Sneak Peek #2 · "Sam's Desert Dream"

Sam's Journey (NES) · Sneak Peek #2 · "Sam's Desert Dream"

We're going to post more updates as the development progresses.
So if you're curious to see more of Sam, stay tuned! 🙂🕹️

Chester
Knights of Bytes

Facebook · Twitter · YouTube

Edited by Knights of Bytes
Fixed Images After Forum Move
  • Like 9
  • Wow! 1

11 hours ago, Scrobins said:

I’ve been keeping an eye on your game for awhile, and it’s on my Homebrew on the Horizon thread.

Spotted it, thanks! 😃👍

8 hours ago, fcgamer said:

That looks amazing. Those graphics, wow!!! Definitely want to try this one out when it gets released.

We're going to post some more stuff very soon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

Looks fun, and since my oldest son's name is Sam, I tend to gravitate towards anything with his name in it. 😛

Well, if he's also a bit into retro gaming, then it's win for everyone! 🥳

2 hours ago, SuperJimtendo said:

Looking great. Digging the kid chameleon aspect 

Sam has a few more costums in his wardrobe. 🙂

1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

There's a show Atypical with an autistic kid named Sam and his parents made him a board game titled "Sam Takes A Walk" where he encounters unfamiliar situations and has to learn to deal with them.

Interesting, thanks for mentioning. Our Sam will encounter quite some situations aswell, but other than that, they are not related! 😉

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Zezzler said:

I remember seeing this when it was being developed for C64, and thought it would be right at home one the NES! Very happy to see you are pursuing actually it! Excited to see it as it develops 🙂

Yes, we initially created Sam's Journey for the C64 to bring some NES vibes to that system. And now, with Sam coming to the NES, we're kind of closing the circle! 😃

On 2/7/2020 at 5:03 PM, CMR said:

nice!  it looks like you guys are really going to raise the bar for homebrew with this.

To give the fans of platform games on the NES a good time is what we primarily aim for.  🙂

12 hours ago, elprincipe said:

Looks very slick! I hope there will be a non-Kickstarter way to get a copy.

Our yet-to-be-announced publisher just confirmed that there will options to obtain the game after the Kickstarter. The Kickstarter, however, will help us to get the production costs covered.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, video gamers!

Waiting for an update on Sam's Journey for the NES? Here we go! 🙂

Although being a great runner and an amazing jumper, Sam is not at all averse to alternative methods of transportation. The third teaser of our upcoming NES title features Sam in a fiery castle. Watch him climb a web, use moving platforms, and have himself shot across long distances by cannons! Just click to play:

Sam's Journey (NES) · Sneak Peek #3 · "Sam's Castle Ride"

Sam's Journey (NES) · Sneak Peek #3 · "Sam's Castle Ride"

If you're curious to see more of Sam, just stay tuned!
Further updates will be posted as the development progresses. 🙂🕹️

Chester
Knights of Bytes

Facebook · Twitter · YouTube

Edited by Knights of Bytes
Fixed Video Link
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...