IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

Events Team · Posted
Just now, Tulpa said:

I think that if they were going to do a plastic case, they would have done it by now. They've done, what, three releases of the thing? The time to do it would have been like, four years ago.

Yeah, I'm not sure why they haven't done a cheaper version of the NT Mini yet, surely that'd print money for them. I guess they figure the people who would be in the market for an NT Mini probably have enough money burning a hole in their pocket that they can afford all the extra luxuries anyway?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Yeah, I'm not sure why they haven't done a cheaper version of the NT Mini yet, surely that'd print money for them. I guess they figure the people who would be in the market for an NT Mini probably have enough money burning a hole in their pocket that they can afford all the extra luxuries anyway?

Keep in mind they started as a maker of consolized Neo Geo MVS systems, with fancy wood cases and whatnot that cost bank. So it was natural to do a fancy case for the original Nt and Nt Mini. I think by the time it dawned on them to do a plastic case, the AVS was out already, and putting out a competing plastic NES clone at that price would have hurt both companies (the market for these is tiny.) Since Bunnyboy wasn't going to do an SNES or any other console, they switched to plastic for that untapped market.

My take, anyway.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 1

Events Team · Posted
Just now, Tulpa said:

Keep in mind they started as a maker of consolized Neo Geo MVS systems, with fancy wood cases and whatnot that cost bank. So it was natural to do a fancy case for the original Nt and Nt Mini. I think by the time it dawned on them to do a plastic case, the AVS was out already, and putting out a competing plastic NES clone would have hurt both companies (the market for these is tiny.) Since Bunnyboy wasn't going to do an SNES or any other console, they switched to plastic for that untapped market.

My take, anyway.

I guess that makes sense.

I still think they should probably do it though, even if the time for that has passed by now, haha.

8 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

It does look nice, and I'm sure it feels nice, but honestly I do think using aluminum is a bit overkill for something that, at the end of the day, is going to sit completely stationary on a shelf for most of it's life, haha. I honestly think most people (myself included) would prefer them to just use plastic in exchange for the lower price. I mean, I don't hear anyone ever complaining about the plastic cases on their other products.

The aluminum case is important.

2p92h5y551621.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Didn't realize a queue system was a part of this whole process, but I'm glad it is. It's stressful, but it's good that they have systems in place to circumvent bots and whatnot, very glad to see that.

Shame I can't get into the queue because their site is a piece of shit.

• Sad 1