IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

Can someone give me a little info on the controller situation with the Super NT?

I can see that the 8bitdo controller is sold separately, and comes with a receiver of some kind... Is that receiver a USB thing, or does the Super NT need the receiver to communicate with the thing, or what's the story there?

Reason being, I want the controller, but I can buy it way cheaper locally here in Taiwan, but I'm not sure if it will come with the appropriate receiver...

Anyone got some info up in here? Thanks! 🙂

11 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Can someone give me a little info on the controller situation with the Super NT?

I can see that the 8bitdo controller is sold separately, and comes with a receiver of some kind... Is that receiver a USB thing, or does the Super NT need the receiver to communicate with the thing, or what's the story there?

Reason being, I want the controller, but I can buy it way cheaper locally here in Taiwan, but I'm not sure if it will come with the appropriate receiver...

You can use any standard SNES/SFC controller and it will work just fine. Regarding the 8bitdo controller, as long as you buy the correct version (I recommend the 2.4ghz version since it has essentially zero lag), it will come with the receiver which plugs directly into the controller port. The controller port powers the receiver, so you only need to worry about keeping the actual controller charged. 

EDIT: Pictured is the Bluetooth version, but the 2.4ghz is identical.

IMG_20210302_214118.jpg

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted
8 minutes ago, OptOut said:

HhP3r49.jpg

IbqKUWZ.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted
17 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I recommend the 2.4ghz version since it has essentially zero lag

@OptOut Def get the 2.4ghz.  I have the originals and the lag is very noticeable on precision games including Mario and the like.

You can also get a retro adapter and use them on the NES as well.

• Like 1

I'd just use a real controller.  The 8bitdo one it came with originally which needs a USB cable to charge it sucks, battery life on it is garbage as if it doesn't turn itself off when not in use, and the lag as stated blows.  I've lost faith entirely in their products because of those 2 issues, as I had the earlier NES 30pro style one and it would die all the time.

2 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I'd just use a real controller.  The 8bitdo one it came with originally which needs a USB cable to charge it sucks, battery life on it is garbage as if it doesn't turn itself off when not in use, and the lag as stated blows.  I've lost faith entirely in their products because of those 2 issues, as I had the earlier NES 30pro style one and it would die all the time.

My real Super Nintendo pads are super worn tho. I'm gonna give the 2.4ghz models a go, at least try em out. I can always fall back on the real ones if necessary.

Just now, OptOut said:

My real Super Nintendo pads are super worn tho. I'm gonna give the 2.4ghz models a go, at least try em out. I can always fall back on the real ones if necessary.

I don't blame you, I haven't tried their I guess 2020(?) models with the 2.4 and better whatever potentially going on inside.  For awhile I thought I just had a pair of lemons until I read other people complaining about their batteries/firmware, whatever it was.  Basically they'd not want to shut down and just drain the battery off, even if you'd go with going button combo on ti to turn it off cold, it still would drain in a matter of days to a week off a full charge.  I found myself charging the things more than actually using them to play so I got rid of the stuff, sold/traded(I forget) to some big 8bitdo fans, never a complaint, guess they didn't care.  Since I don't need wireless I have 2 OEM pads, and the 2 licensed ascii pads with all those nice turbo switches like the joystick got.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Best friend since the 90s has tasked me with hooking up him with the best equipment for his game room he's setting up.  Wants best possible output direct from his old systems, or replacements, such as analogue product for HDMI.  Ideally using just the HDMI ports on the TV, hopefully in all keeping stuff on a wire or two using switchers that auto and stuff.

I hope they get the SNES, Genesis back in stock, gets the Duo out.  I'd like him to purchase those, and for other stuff, a few of those retrotink devices.

7 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Best friend since the 90s has tasked me with hooking up him with the best equipment for his game room he's setting up.  Wants best possible output direct from his old systems, or replacements, such as analogue product for HDMI.  Ideally using just the HDMI ports on the TV, hopefully in all keeping stuff on a wire or two using switchers that auto and stuff.

I hope they get the SNES, Genesis back in stock, gets the Duo out.  I'd like him to purchase those, and for other stuff, a few of those retrotink devices.

That's sort of where I'm headed.  I still plan to use most of my original equipment running through a CRT, but at the same time, I'm slowing preparing myself to have everything run through an HD TV at some point in the future.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

That's sort of where I'm headed.  I still plan to use most of my original equipment running through a CRT, but at the same time, I'm slowing preparing myself to have everything run through an HD TV at some point in the future.  

He won't use a CRT which I support.

The ideal plan here is to to find the largest potential panel I can locate that runs in a pure PC mode off an HDMI port, or largest potential PC panel I can find.  From that you run the HDMI cable to a switcher box or more.  From there you see your modern HD consoles plugged in as is, then your analogue devices, then your HD modded systems (hidef nes, ultrahdmi), or externally done (carby-HD Gamecube), then down from there retrotink pro, etc.  The hardest will be the 2600 and odyssey, and an old VCR.

• 2 weeks later...
Homebrew Team · Posted
3 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

With March winding down and no updates, I can only assume our Super Nts are stuck in the Suez Canal.

image.png.3938fd2c42193eb76a5edcb0269d515f.png

More likely.....

Polymega:  Sorry folks we are on the Evergreen (/ Evergiven)....

Edited by Deadeye

40 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Better hope that ship doesn't continue to buckle under the strain, if that cracks and spills all those crates that'll be real trouble.

The SUPER NT's NOOOOOOOOOOO!

I bet that's where all the 8bit DO controllers are as well, still no sign of a bloody restock on Amazon, grumble grumble...

• Like 1

Well I'd think beyond the offer to cancel your preorder due to the gap of time, they should also use this time to reflect and revise a larger pool of handhelds to go up for sale other than the slim few that went poof almost instantly.  This is an opportunity to ramp up production as stuff sorts out and get far more preorders on the books.  I think people would really appreciate that and soften the blow.  Now it looks like a 2022-23 thing if you didn't get on that slim list of existing orders which is demoralizing I think.