IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

• The title was changed to ***Nt Mini Noir Shipping!*** Analogue Duo (TG-16/PC Engine FPGA Emulator) & NEC Adapters for Pocket Announced - - Coming 2021 (Preorders Not Yet Live)
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, BriGuy82 said:

So are they planning to ever restock.... anything???

I don't think the Nt will ever be restocked since they advertised the Nt Mini Noir as "One Final Run." I suppose there is a chance they could bring back a plastic version, but they don't seem interested.

As for the Mega Sg and Super Nt, several people have been told by email that they will restock at some point.

10 minutes ago, cartman said:

Were the discontinued ones unpopular or what?

No, pretty much everything has been extremely popular. The Mega Sg has probably been the weakest of the lineup though. It was in stock for like a year straight which is unheard of for their products.

1 minute ago, DoctorEncore said:

I don't think the Nt will ever be restocked since they advertised the Nt Mini Noir as "One Final Run." I suppose there is a chance they could bring back a plastic version, but they don't seem interested.

As for the Mega Sg and Super Nt, several people have been told by email that they will restock at some point.

No, pretty much everything has been extremely popular. The Mega Sg has probably been the weakest of the lineup though. It was in stock for like a year straight which is unheard of for their products.

But some colors are discontinued while everything else is just out of stock

25 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I believe all the discontinued colors were specifically created as limited runs. I'm not sure why they keep them up.

This is what I was going to say.  I believe that's correct.  

I think they leave them up just to show what they've created in the past.  It's not like they have a huge catalog of products, so it doesn't clutter up their website showing the discontinued stuff.  

• Like 1

Homebrew Team · Posted
32 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I believe all the discontinued colors were specifically created as limited runs. I'm not sure why they keep them up.

The only one that wasn't intended to be limited (beside nt mini), but was discontinued, was the clear super nt.  Many people were upset about the difference between the 3D renders (clear) and the end result (translucent).  I thought it looked fine in the end, just different than the preorder images.  As a result analogue discontinued the option.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cartman said:

It has emulator written all over it nothing resembles a console experience with those buttons and d-pad. Might aswell play on the smartphone by that point.

I agree that the button layout and ergonomics seem to be terrible. I just want the ability to play pretty much every portable game on my TV in 1080p, using an authentic cart, with FPGA emulation, and essentially zero latency. I will probably only use it as a handheld on rare occasions.

3 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I agree that the button layout and ergonomics seem to be terrible. I just want the ability to play pretty much every portable game on my TV in 1080p, using an authentic cart, with FPGA emulation, and essentially zero latency. I will probably only use it as a handheld on rare occasions.

Yeah that's the thing portable consoles have a double function in that the system and controlls are intertwined so any third party solution has to account for the buttons aswell wich i don't feel they did properly here. It looks off.

Administrator · Posted
43 minutes ago, cartman said:

It has emulator written all over it nothing resembles a console experience with those buttons and d-pad. Might aswell play on the smartphone by that point.

I'm not sure I understand the emulator comment - they clearly state that it's built without emulation; it uses two FPGAs. Actually I don't understand either comment tbh; a smartphone? What, with no physical buttons? 

Maybe I'm missing something but... are we talking about the same thing? It has buttons and they look perfectly fine to me:

image.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

In hindsight, I do regret skipping it.

Its my fault for not paying attention to the pre-order date. And for assuming that they wouldn't be that limited. Figured they would have a good understanding of the demand for their products. 

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I just want a Super NT without having to pay $400+.

A Super NT would be nice to have but I think I'm fine using a mister for console games. I am interested in the pocket to actually use as a portable 

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, BortLicensePlate said:

Its my fault for not paying attention to the pre-order date. And for assuming that they wouldn't be that limited. Figured they would have a good understanding of the demand for their products. 

They do. I believe their business model is essentially that of something like, say, the Supreme clothing line. Limited stock, much hype.

7 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I'm not sure I understand the emulator comment - they clearly state that it's built without emulation; it uses two FPGAs. Actually I don't understand either comment tbh; a smartphone? What, with no physical buttons? 

Maybe I'm missing something but... are we talking about the same thing? It has buttons and they look perfectly fine to me:

image.png

It just seems gimmicky to me

1 hour ago, cartman said:

I get that you might not like the design, although I disagree and think it looks fantastic. But your comment is hard to grasp.

It's an FPGA that will perfectly render many handheld consoles flawlessly, and with practically zero lag. It will also display and scale beautifully on a TV, which is arguably a fantastic feature. Not to mention that the scaling software will include the same options as all Analogue products, like interpolation.

Throw in controller support for 2.4G wireless SNES replica controllers, that are also outstanding, it's pretty much a Game Boy fan's dream hardware.

It bears little to no resemblence of an emulation box, much less emulating on a phone...

If you are a bit unclear on what FPGA really is, I highly recommend you check out My Life in Gaming and their video reviews of the Analogue consoles.

Edited by ifightdragons

2 minutes ago, ifightdragons said:

I get that you might not like the design, although I disagree and think it looks fantastic. But your comment is hard to grasp.

It's an FPGA that will perfectly render many handheld consoles flawlessly, and with practically zero lag. It will also display and scale beautifully on a TV, which is arguably a fantastic feature. Not to mention that the scaling software will include the same options as all Analogue products, like interpolation.

Throw in controller support for 2.4G wireless SNES replica controllers, that are also outstanding, it's pretty a Game Boy fan's dream hardware.

It bears little to no resemblence of an emulation box, much less emulating on a phone...

If you are a bit unclear on what FPGA really is, I highly recommend you check out My Life in Gaming and their video reviews of the Analogue consoles.

I think the Supaboy for example seems closer to hitting the mark for NES/SNES gameplay.

8 minutes ago, Gloves said:

They do. I believe their business model is essentially that of something like, say, the Supreme clothing line. Limited stock, much hype.

Yeah I get it. Not unlike limited run games originally, the company orders x amount and guarantees very little overstock which is a great way to maximize profit. The fomo being a nice little side effect. I guess I was just hoping for an open pre-order this time around. Should've known better. 

I typically don't like supporting companies that intentionally make a limited product but I really wanna play pokemon on my lunch breaks 😆