IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

34 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

While that is the hope, I am skeptical that they would do that if they are only doing one final run. Commissioning a mold, redoing the design, etc.

I think it will be aluminum again, since that was what was in place before.

I definitely suspect aluminum $500 Nt mini. It would be very funny if they actually raised the price to $700 or something due to market demand, although maybe not worth the bad press. I'd guess either they have their $200 plastic NES lined up for the future or one of their future products incorporates NES into it. You can't give up on that Nintendo life for good.

Just now, Deadeye said:

@DefaultGen I was wondering the same.  Are they going to announce what the Analogue 8 is at the same time or sell the final NT mini batch and then oh by the way here is our all in one 8-bit system. (This speculation for what the Analogue 8 trademark was for)

I'm hoping for the Zimba 3000 that plays all the 8-bit stuff on real hardware (carts/controllers), basically what the Polymega should be. At the very,  least, please, an Atari 2600 FPGA console! There's the Retron 77 which I will not be buying. The Nt can play Atari off SD cards. There were plans for adapters that I don't think exist. The Collectorvision Phoenix can also play Atari off SD cards, has mentioned a cart adapter, but alas none exists yet.

Atari 2600 has to be the most popular console that has no way besides emulators to play even over composite video without a mod, let alone HDMI.

Homebrew Team · Posted
20 minutes ago, Jicsan said:

I originally passed on the NT Mini because of the price.  I did get a Super NT and Mega SG and love them, and now regret passing on the NT Mini.  Now that there is a second chance I will probably try to get one, but $500 is still hard to justify.

It really depends on what you are looking to get out of it.

- NES with both RGB and HDMI

- Plays NES and Famicom carts

- Famicom expansion port for accessories

- Can be set to NA or PAL timing

- Built in 4 score

- Built in game genie

- Can be jailbroken and change FPGA to many other 8 bit systems + built in flash cart

Depending on what on the list above is a want for you will determine if the price is justified.  If you answered yes to most of them, I think the cost adds up if you price out them individually.

Edited by Deadeye
  • Like 1

Homebrew Team · Posted

Looking at my list above.  If what is important to you is, HDMI and can play NES and Famicom carts, and all the other ones are not important... AVS does that at a much lower price.

Edit: AVS can do all them except RGB and jailbreak.

Edited by Deadeye

Administrator · Posted
38 minutes ago, Jicsan said:

Yep the jailbreak with other cores and running games off SD card is strong plus.  I'll definitely try to get one.  What I'd really prefer is a plastic $200 one like their other products. 😛  That's probably wishful thinking.

If we all wish hard enough it may just happen!

• Like 3

Graphics Team · Posted

I'm hoping the "Analogue 8" is a more affordable version of their NES system in plastic housing. That might actually get me on board with FPGA consoles. To be honest, I'm not too keen on the look of the NT mini or the AVS, but the Analogue SNES and Genesis clones are really sleek - it would be great if the NES got that same treatment.

-CasualCart

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
7 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

I'm hoping the "Analogue 8" is a more affordable version of their NES system in plastic housing. That might actually get me on board with FPGA consoles. To be honest, I'm not too keen on the look of the NT mini or the AVS, but the Analogue SNES and Genesis clones are really sleek - it would be great if the NES got that same treatment.

-CasualCart

Agree.

Homebrew Team · Posted

@CasualCart @Gloves

While i hope that is the case, and it makes logical sense, based on Analogue's comments in the past, doesn't seem like the case for it.

Not saying it won't happen, just that I would be cautious and not miss out on the final nt mini run.  

Analogue as a company is kind of like Nintendo.  Keeps things close to the chest.  Doesn't always do things you think they would.  Doesn't respond to social media.

It is so strange though.  You send them an email and they will be so much more forth coming than on Twitter.  

Administrator · Posted
8 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

@CasualCart @Gloves

While i hope that is the case, and it makes logical sense, based on Analogue's comments in the past, doesn't seem like the case for it.

Not saying it won't happen, just that I would be cautious and not miss out on the final nt mini run.  

Analogue as a company is kind of like Nintendo.  Keeps things close to the chest.  Doesn't always do things you think they would.  Doesn't respond to social media.

It is so strange though.  You send them an email and they will be so much more forth coming than on Twitter.  

I'm buying whatever they put out. I will hope for the ideal, but if the final batch nt mini is 1:1 with previous batches, I'm still getting one. I've regretted not getting one when they were still available. 

1 hour ago, Deadeye said:

I would be cautious and not miss out on the final nt mini run.  

Agreed.

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

I'm buying whatever they put out. I will hope for the ideal, but if the final batch nt mini is 1:1 with previous batches, I'm still getting one. I've regretted not getting one when they were still available. 

And agreed.

Hopefully there also will be enough to go around.  I'd really hate to miss out because they only have a small number that goes up for sale in the middle of the work day and sells out in 15 seconds.

23 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

$70 to play Game Gear on my TV. I'm gonna have to pass. I wonder if someone like Raphnet could make these cheaper. His SMS to Genesis adapter is basically the same thing and costs a whopping $9.

And these ONLY work with the Mega Sg, so we're talking about $270 bucks to play Game Gear on your TV. I would never tell anyone that Analogue is the best value, but I suspect the implementation is a cut above the rest. This is really for super hardcore and boutique gamers.

Administrator · Posted
On 2/7/2020 at 12:45 PM, DoctorEncore said:

And these ONLY work with the Mega Sg, so we're talking about $270 bucks to play Game Gear on your TV. I would never tell anyone that Analogue is the best value, but I suspect the implementation is a cut above the rest. This is really for super hardcore and boutique gamers.

The downside here IMO is that you have to buy all 3. I don't even know what those other two ARE, let alone want them. I'd buy the Game Gear adapter for a third of the price of all 3 together, probably.

34 minutes ago, ErickRPG said:

they gonna restock Supter NT classic at some point?

The black version is in stock right now. Given their previous track record for underestimating demand, I suggest you buy it immediately if you really want it.

27 minutes ago, Gloves said:

The downside here IMO is that you have to buy all 3. I don't even know what those other two ARE, let alone want them. I'd buy the Game Gear adapter for a third of the price of all 3 together, probably.

Yeah, at least 50% of the Twitter comments echo this exact sentiment. The Mega Sg already comes with a Master System adapter, so the Game Gear adapter is really all most people wanted. And they kind of implied you'd be able to buy the adapters individually, so that pissed people off too.

I'm interested to see if the Pocket will have individual adapters for sale. Unfortunately, the overall cost to get GG games on the big screen will probably be even more if you go that route due to the dock being sold as an accessory. People may be complaining, but the bundle sold out almost immediately and this strategy makes Analogue more money.

I really wish they'd fix their shipping prices, though. $20 to ship something that weighs less than a pound? I can do that for $6 without ordering any supplies in bulk. It just adds insult to injury considering the already high prices of their products.

Edited by DoctorEncore