IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

Homebrew Team · Posted
23 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

From the looks of it, they appear to have removed the SD card slot, so presumably no jailbreaking the new version.  It's still not worth $500 to me, so I'm not preordering, but the lack of being able to load other cores onto the system would be a deal breaker for me if I was otherwise willing to pay their unnecessarily high premium.

What makes you think that the SD card slot was removed?  Because the NT Mini Noir page doesn't state SD card slot or did they mention the removal specifically? 

IMG_20200228_125527__01.jpg

Edited by Deadeye
Added image

1 minute ago, Deadeye said:

What makes you think that the SD card slot was removed?  Because the NT Mini Noir page doesn't state SD card slot or did they mention the removal specifically? 

It's specifically not mentioned in any of the features, but was a bullet point on the original NT mini.  Basically all the bullet points line up from the first run to the second beyond #2 showing "v2" and the SD slot being referenced.  It wasn't any different with the first model, but I noticed that they're still not showing a photo of the side of the system where the slot is.  Seems like if they were simply doing a second run and nothing changed beyond the tint of the case, they wouldn't make any changes in the bullet points showing all the features.

Homebrew Team · Posted
11 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

It's specifically not mentioned in any of the features, but was a bullet point on the original NT mini.  Basically all the bullet points line up from the first run to the second beyond #2 showing "v2" and the SD slot being referenced.  It wasn't any different with the first model, but I noticed that they're still not showing a photo of the side of the system where the slot is.  Seems like if they were simply doing a second run and nothing changed beyond the tint of the case, they wouldn't make any changes in the bullet points showing all the features.

See the photo I added in my post above. I boosted up the lighting.  

edit: The store section of Anaolgue's site does show the side with a card slot.

Edited by Deadeye

7 minutes ago, Californication said:

I told my gf to buy one, I hope its not bad advice.

Not sure it's an amazing investment, but I'd be shocked if she actually lost money on it. Before this re-release they routinely sold for $1500+ on eBay as recently as a few weeks ago. They probably won't reach the same heights this time, but who knows.

Screenshot_20200228-140319.thumb.jpg.0aadbff5f4f2c930c6635b06e041fb03.jpg

Edited by DoctorEncore

I ordered one as well.  I've been thinking about it ever since they announced the final release.  I hope I don't end up with buyer's remorse.  I'm definitely not looking at this as an investment.  However, I feel fairly comfortable that I could at least get my money back if I change my mind.  That is more or less how I justified it.  

Administrator · Posted
15 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I ordered one as well.  I've been thinking about it ever since they announced the final release.  I hope I don't end up with buyer's remorse.  I'm definitely not looking at this as an investment.  However, I feel fairly comfortable that I could at least get my money back if I change my mind.  That is more or less how I justified it.  

Same.

3 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I already have an AVS and I'm pretty happy with it. The pocket looks pretty cool though. I might have to get one of those.

I was really tempted to go with the AVS since it does everything I need and it's in a price range that I'm more comfortable with.  There is no question though that the NT Mini looks a lot better.  

1 minute ago, TDIRunner said:

I was really tempted to go with the AVS since it does everything I need and it's in a price range that I'm more comfortable with.  There is no question though that the NT Mini looks a lot better.  

I'm really happy with my AVS. It plays NES games in 720p which is good enough for me and it's a lot less expensive.

12 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Agree to disagree, I think the nt looks terrible with a cart in place. The big avs lid is kinda awkward but overall I prefer it.

The jailbreak abilities are very tempting though, but not $300 worth. I'd probably go with a mega sg if that was the goal, as those are very nice.

36 minutes ago, Lincoln said:

Agree to disagree,

I don't agree to that.

(kidding)

36 minutes ago, Lincoln said:

I think the nt looks terrible with a cart in place. The big avs lid is kinda awkward but overall I prefer it.

The AVS really doesn't look bad when it's closed up.  I just hate the look of the door when it's opened.

For the record, I wish the NT was designed to look more like the Super NT or the Mega SG both of which were clearly inspired by the original systems.  That's what I really want to see.