IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

5 hours ago, ErickRPG said:

I'm aiming to buy a used super NT as we speak.  I just won't buy a black one, not interested.  Will just have to pay more for a used one at this point.

Gotcha. Hopefully it doesn't come at too much of a premium. If I hear anything about restocks, I'll update here.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Gotcha. Hopefully it doesn't come at too much of a premium. If I hear anything about restocks, I'll update here.

Thanks, as is usual I changed my mind quick.  I DID buy a black one but intend to one day buy a classic if they ever restock.  I just don't want to miss having ANY super NT before they ALL go out of stock!

So I have one more question about the Analogue Pocket.  I'm pretty confident now that once jailbroken, it will play gb, gbc, and gba through fpga with ease.  But it mentions

"Pocket works with cartridge adapters for other handheld systems, too. Like Game Gear. Neo Geo Pocket Color. Atari Lynx & more.".

Do these adaptors currently exist for GBA?  Or are they planning to make them.  Do you see a scenerio where we are emulating these games via roms and not carts?  I'm already on board for the vast library of GB,GBC, and GBA.  But there are some great games on those other systems as well.

3 hours ago, ErickRPG said:

Thanks, as is usual I changed my mind quick.  I DID buy a black one but intend to one day buy a classic if they ever restock.  I just don't want to miss having ANY super NT before they ALL go out of stock!

So I have one more question about the Analogue Pocket.  I'm pretty confident now that once jailbroken, it will play gb, gbc, and gba through fpga with ease.  But it mentions

"Pocket works with cartridge adapters for other handheld systems, too. Like Game Gear. Neo Geo Pocket Color. Atari Lynx & more.".

Do these adaptors currently exist for GBA?  Or are they planning to make them.  Do you see a scenerio where we are emulating these games via roms and not carts?  I'm already on board for the vast library of GB,GBC, and GBA.  But there are some great games on those other systems as well.

They don't exist, Kevtris is making them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ErickRPG said:

4 hours ago, ifightdragons said:

They don't exist, Kevtris is making them.

Yep, they will be just like the Mega Sg Adapters. The Pocket will play GB, GBC, and GBA carts natively. You will have to buy the adapters for the other systems, probably as a set, unfortunately.

The Mega Sg Adapters took quite a while to release after the system was out, so hopefully the Pocket adapters are ready immediately. But given their track record, I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ErickRPG said:

Do you think the adaptors will allow the Pocket to play roms from those other systems?  I have a GBA collection.  But I plan to use the analogue to play some gb and gbc roms.  NGPC and Lynx would be a HUGE bonus.

The adapters will allow for carts. Jailbreaking the system will allow for ROMs from all supported systems, without any need for the adapters.

If you're planning on using ROMs, there's no need for the adapters for any of the Analogue systems. Just jailbreak and have at it. 😃

Edited by ifightdragons
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, ErickRPG said:

so you do figure that the NGPC, Lynx, and others, have already built in support?  Does the pocket really have FPGa for like 6+ systems built in?

I figure the cores are either available or will be enabled via a jailbreak, just like how the Mega Sg works. I see no reason why it should suddenly be different.

So I have the Super NT and the Mega SG and I LOVE these FPGa systems.  I also have the terraonion Mega SD (there are so many abbreviations I get them confused lol).  And I'm totally on board these thing.  Man are those pixels razor sharp, and the sound and control feels so pure compared to emulation.  I do have one issue and I asked for help on terraonion but might as well ask here too.  I have some pixel noise with mega sg and the terraonion card with sega cd games.  Here's a video showing the "noise".  Is it maybe just bad game rips?  Or maybe a video setting I need to change?  Or maybe I need to get the new firmware for both the mega sg and sega sd?

Edited by ErickRPG

23 minutes ago, ErickRPG said:

So I have the Super NT and the Mega SG and I LOVE these FPGa systems.  I also have the terraonion Mega SD (there are so many abbreviations I get them confused lol).  And I'm totally on board these thing.  Man are those pixels razor sharp, and the sound and control feels so pure compared to emulation.  I do have one issue and I asked for help on terraonion but might as well ask here too.  I have some pixel noise with mega sg and the terraonion card with sega cd games.  Here's a video showing the "noise".  Is it maybe just bad game rips?  Or maybe a video setting I need to change?

Does the Mega Sd work on a standard Genesis? If so, do you get the same problem?

So I want to make sure I'm saving my games the right way in Super NT.  There is a message about a warning of not going back to the settings screen.  So I started 7th Saga, saved it at the inn.  Then next time I started it wasn't there.  However I started over again, went to the inn real quick, made sure not to go back into the settings menu the whole time I was playing.  It was there the next boot up.

I am running JB 6.9.  So is that the only issue?  Don't go back into the settings menu if you want to actually save your game?

Edited by ErickRPG

5 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Nt Mini is up for preorder. Not sure if it’s gonna sell out like those cart adapters or what, but considering secondhand prices who knows.

Go! Go! Go! I wouldn't risk waiting if anyone is even slightly interested.

https://www.analogue.co/

Edited by DoctorEncore

From the looks of it, they appear to have removed the SD card slot, so presumably no jailbreaking the new version.  It's still not worth $500 to me, so I'm not preordering, but the lack of being able to load other cores onto the system would be a deal breaker for me if I was otherwise willing to pay their unnecessarily high premium.