IGNORED

Uploading Spreadsheet Collections to GVN

zombi

Hello all,

Because of the shut-down of NintendoAge, I can not longer find a thread a made a while back that contained instructions for proper uploading spreadsheets into GameValueNow's collection tracker. I remember it being a simple mistake on my part, but now when I try to upload it it will see the games but it can't find any of the titles. I know that the game titles are correct, but I think it's how I am specifying the "Title" column when I upload. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/3/2020 at 7:39 AM, zombi said:

Hello all,

Because of the shut-down of NintendoAge, I can not longer find a thread a made a while back that contained instructions for proper uploading spreadsheets into GameValueNow's collection tracker. I remember it being a simple mistake on my part, but now when I try to upload it it will see the games but it can't find any of the titles. I know that the game titles are correct, but I think it's how I am specifying the "Title" column when I upload. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

So i was able to upload a quick list into the collection tracker. It pulled in just about every game, box, and cart i had.

But the instructions were not populating for some reason. And certain games that i must have titled wrong were missing. Like "The Legend of zelda" did not pull in, as it should have been "Legend of zelda". So it is very specific in the titling. It seems "The" is left off the titles. 

This is the format i used to do it. And these are the options in the GVN menu i used. 

I will try and get the instructions part sorted out. But if you use this format it should pull in just about everything. There may be ways to use a format you have, but worst case you can always just copy and past quickly into this format and be fine.

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 9.56.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 10.07.29 AM.png

Edited by Magus

NVM instructions are pulling in as well for me. I put "Instructions" with an S it should be "Instruction" with the way it is currently configured.

I am not sure yet if any other formats can be worked in, but this format is working fine for me. 

If you want to have it neater and have your systems separated, you can make separate "Sheet" tabs for each system with this format.

Export each system into a CSV file and then import them into GVN. Again, works fine i just tested it. 

I will see if there are any faster ways though. 

Edited by Magus

19 hours ago, Magus said:

NVM instructions are pulling in as well for me. I put "Instructions" with an S it should be "Instruction" with the way it is currently configured.

I am not sure yet if any other formats can be worked in, but this format is working fine for me. 

If you want to have it neater and have your systems separated, you can make separate "Sheet" tabs for each system with this format.

Export each system into a CSV file and then import them into GVN. Again, works fine i just tested it. 

I will see if there are any faster ways though. 

Thanks! I'll try it out later today.

• 3 months later...