IGNORED

Ranks & Badges Discussion Thread

Gloves

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Graphics Team · Posted

Just came here to brag that I finally got a Charm!!! I know you've all been super invested in my death-defying journey to obtain one of these elusive treasures, and now everyone can rest easy knowing that I have emerged victorious. May you all someday conquer this same insurmountable challenge and greet me on the other side...

-CasualCart

690523720_CharmAward.jpg.92cded0f8da79687c053b13e4106fb39.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
Administrator · Posted

@LaytToTheParty

Competition carts definitely not. We'd not require NWC carts for NES set. 

The other two are kinda in the air. I'd take opinions on it.

If you submitted a request for the SNES set right now I'd probably not care enough to debate it and just give it to you.

1 minute ago, LaytToTheParty said:

By the way, how do you not have the helping hand yet? You of all people should have that badass glove. 😉

I've not helped anyone, to my knowledge.

Homebrew Team · Posted
25 minutes ago, PasseGaming said:

I have a question, how do I go about proving that I was a playtester for Khan's Larry homebrew?

I believe KHAN listed testers in the credits of Larry, but you don't need to post that.  Generally we will take your word for it.  Basically don't lie.  Submit a written request for the badge in the charm request thread and we will give it to you. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

I believe KHAN listed testers in the credits of Larry, but you don't need to post that.  Generally we will take your word for it.  Basically don't lie.  Submit a written request for the badge in the charm request thread and we will give it to you. 

Fair enough, I only asked because he didn't list everyone who play tested the game. Just those who helped through the entire process. I was only there for the first round of testing. I still have the rom file... Anyhow, thanks for the quick response!

Also, I think a Hack collection charm would be a nice addition. Make it like 25 or sometime since they are a dime a dozen these days.

Edited by PasseGaming

@Gloves I have an almost full set of NTSC GCN titles, and I'm just missing that darn Metroid/Wind Waker combo pack, Pokemon Box, and Cubivore. I'm planning on getting Cubivore, but most likely will never get the other two. What is needed for the fullset charm? Do I need the combo pack and Pokemon Box (since it isn't a game at all)?

Administrator · Posted
10 minutes ago, LaytToTheParty said:

@Gloves I have an almost full set of NTSC GCN titles, and I'm just missing that darn Metroid/Wind Waker combo pack, Pokemon Box, and Cubivore. I'm planning on getting Cubivore, but most likely will never get the other two. What is needed for the fullset charm? Do I need the combo pack and Pokemon Box (since it isn't a game at all)?

TBH I'm not sure I personally care about combo packs; if you own Pokemon Sword and Shield separately I'm not gonna say you don't have all the Switch games just cuz you don't have the dual pack. Same goes for Metroid/WW. 

Pokemon Box though, I think I'll require it. It's a physical release that was sold at retail; it being a "game" or not is subjective IMO.

3 minutes ago, Gloves said:

TBH I'm not sure I personally care about combo packs; if you own Pokemon Sword and Shield separately I'm not gonna say you don't have all the Switch games just cuz you don't have the dual pack. Same goes for Metroid/WW. 

Pokemon Box though, I think I'll require it. It's a physical release that was sold at retail; it being a "game" or not is subjective IMO.

Fuck. Thanks anyway...

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

I like this. The way I look at it, if someone had a complete LOOSE set, combo packs that just have two separate games in them wouldn't count. A Super Monkey Ball 2 pack (2 retail games in their standard retail cases in a cardboard sleeve) and a Wind Waker / Metroid Prime 2 pack (2 retail games in a unique 2-disc case) are just different packaging - the discs are not unique. This is different from say, a GBA full set, where some carts have two retail games on a single cart (and that cart has a unique release code), like the Monsters Inc. / Finding Nemo combo cart. 

Another question: is the Game Boy Player disc required for the GameCube set, or is that different because it was part of an accessory? How about something like Super Game Boy for the SNES full set? 

Edited by MiamiSlice

Administrator · Posted
48 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Another question: is the Game Boy Player disc required for the GameCube set, or is that different because it was part of an accessory? How about something like Super Game Boy for the SNES full set? 

I'd personally consider both as "accessories", but I'm open to discussion on it.

That said, along the same lines, maybe I could be convinced that Pokemon Box is similarly just an accessory - an addon to those specific games.