IGNORED

Ranks & Badges Discussion Thread

Gloves

3 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

See, here's the problem right there: we can't even agree on what makes a complete NES set.  697?!?  Is that your licensed number?  And if so, why are you suddenly forgetting the unlicensed games?  If you're arguing for a "Licensed minus SE" badge then that should be made clear as well, since many will assume that a complete set minus SE is in the high 700's, not 697 (though I'm thinking you meant 677?).  Just saying... 😉

677! I fat fingered the 9! I mean the charm here is completed a set in their region, not completed a licensed set in their region so maybe you are right as well. Counting all unlicensed games never ends though, technically the garbage pail kids I just preordered from iam8bit is unlicensed? Really no one will ever have a complete set! 

14 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

technically the garbage pail kids I just preordered from iam8bit is unlicensed?

Well that would be more accurately described as an after market game, though yes, it is technically "unlicensed."

I think the assumption with all of the full set badges is that they are for full sets of games released during the original lifespan of the system, though there's a huge can of worms to be opened there with various arguments and positions that have already been discussed ad infinitum in like ten other threads here...

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
42 minutes ago, RH said:

Why did I earn the Subscriber Levels 2, 3 and 4 Baubles and what exactly are they? I don’t see them on the master list.

There was a bug during maintenance that caused those to be handed out erroneously to a handful of people. 

For now I've removed them entirely as the current automated system is a bit buggy, and we're working on a new system which should be much better. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/14/2022 at 9:10 AM, Gloves said:

There was a bug during maintenance that caused those to be handed out erroneously to a handful of people. 

For now I've removed them entirely as the current automated system is a bit buggy, and we're working on a new system which should be much better. 

This is unacceptable. I need people to be able to see how magnanimously charitable I am, right now.

I'm paying 5 WHOLE dollars, every single month, to feel smugly superior to others, and I am unable to achieve this unless there is a visible indicator to tell other people how much better I am than they are.

PLZ FIX ASAP THX. 😠

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Gloves said:

Typically no - gimme your example though. 

Mountain bike rally/speed racer - SNES. Each was released on its own so I didn’t know if having both met the requirement or I needed the combo as well. It’s expensive but not to the point where it’s out of reach. 

Like you know, I’m not even gonna say it

Administrator · Posted
33 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Mountain bike rally/speed racer - SNES. Each was released on its own so I didn’t know if having both met the requirement or I needed the combo as well. It’s expensive but not to the point where it’s out of reach. 

Like you know, I’m not even gonna say it

The general rule applies here - if you own both releases individually that counts. 

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/11/2022 at 11:04 AM, Gloves said:

FYI I've turned these off for the time being, to try and determine which plugin on the site might be causing the issue with emails going out about "Did this solve your question?". 

Has this issue been solved yet or are you still working things out?

• 3 weeks later...
Events Team · Posted
On 11/11/2022 at 3:04 PM, Gloves said:

FYI I've turned these off for the time being, to try and determine which plugin on the site might be causing the issue with emails going out about "Did this solve your question?". 

Ah, so this is why I am being unable to award the 2022 contest charms.
Everything makes sense now!

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

Ah, so this is why I am being unable to award the 2022 contest charms.
Everything makes sense now!

Yes, apologies. If you send me the list, I'll see that they're awarded when I go through the update I need to make sometime this week. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/8/2022 at 4:53 PM, FireHazard51 said:

Funny you bring this up because I do believe we have a solution that goes in line with what you are saying.  But I'm not sure if I'm suppose to make that known.   Actually....

Penguin Oops GIF

So, was whatever this was about ultimately shelved, is it still under development, etc.?  It seemed to indicate a light at the end of the tunnel for non-SE owners, but was never mentioned again, perhaps due to charms being removed/disabled due to the random email bug?

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, darkchylde28 said:

So, was whatever this was about ultimately shelved, is it still under development, etc.?  It seemed to indicate a light at the end of the tunnel for non-SE owners, but was never mentioned again, perhaps due to charms being removed/disabled due to the random email bug?

The charms plugin hasn't been updated and so Invision won't let me re-enable it (the last big Invision update changed the PHP version and the plugin dev needs to update the plugin blah blah blah). That said, there is actually a newer and better built-in system that Invision has which I intend to implement instead. It'll just take a little bit of work moving everything over from the old thing to the new thing. It has user rankings, a better system for automation, among other things.

You can see an example of the new system I'm planning to turn on here: Noid's Badges (playstationtrophies.org)

image.png

As you can see, for all intents and purposes, same basic thing. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Gloves said:

The charms plugin hasn't been updated and so Invision won't let me re-enable it (the last big Invision update changed the PHP version and the plugin dev needs to update the plugin blah blah blah). That said, there is actually a newer and better built-in system that Invision has which I intend to implement instead. It'll just take a little bit of work moving everything over from the old thing to the new thing. It has user rankings, a better system for automation, among other things.

Cool, thanks for the update regarding the return of charms.  That being said, any light you can shed on whatever it was that @FireHazard51 was hint-hinting about?  🧐  Or is that still on double secret probation?  😉

Administrator · Posted
Just now, darkchylde28 said:

Cool, thanks for the update regarding the return of charms.  That being said, any light you can shed on whatever it was that @FireHazard51 was hint-hinting about?  🧐  Or is that still on double secret probation?  😉

Pretty sure he was talking about what I just said.

Just now, Gloves said:

Pretty sure he was talking about what I just said.

Thing is, he replied to a post about having a charm for people with the full NES set minus SE, and it was long before charms got disabled, so I'm not seeing the connection there.  How would a new charms system "solve" the problem with SE, unless there's some additional plans regarding the charm(s) for said set?