IGNORED

Baubles & Charms Discussion Thread

Gloves

Member · Posted
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Just buy the game bro.

First of all, you need a comma between 'game' and 'bro,' or else I'm going to think you want me to buy a device called the "Game Bro," and I don't know what that is... 😛

And secondly, whenever the day does arrive that I decide to pull the trigger on a Magical Chase, you guys will be among the first to know... 😉

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 1

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Dr. Morbis said:

First of all, you need a comma between 'game' and 'bro,' or else I'm going to think you want me to buy a device called the "Game Bro," and I don't know what that is... 😛

And secondly, whenever the day does arrive that I decide to pull the trigger on a Magical Chase, you guys will be among the first to know... 😉

I should have known to add the comma considering my favorite joke is one from Reader's Digest I read as a kid; this guy goes into the butchery and asks "Got any beef, jerky?" and gets kicked out of the store.

And I'll look forward to your post when you finally pull that trigger, make sure to @ me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

So while im still working on my n64 and gamegear charms I decided to take a break and finally collect my favorite gaming series that got me into games, Mega Man.  That got me wondering if there was a charm for that collection?  Sadly I didn’t see one, so I thought would it be a good idea to have one or more?  Now im not entirely sure what would qualify and what different charms we could have but here are some thoughts 

1) mega man OG (original gangster) lol - mega man 1 -8

2) mega man GB - all the gameboy titles

3) mega man x - 1-8

4) mega man z - all those titles

5) mega man all - anything mega man title on any console except the God aweful MSDOS ones

thoughts?

Member · Posted
On 6/10/2022 at 3:07 PM, a3quit4s said:

I am once again asking for a complete NES badge minus stadium events. I think I’m due for 2022. 

it can even be an icon with stadium events crossed out like a no smoking sign. 

That's a slippery slope...  Licensed only?  Unlicensed?  Publisher variants?  I'm probably going to end up with a "Complete minus SE" NES set myself within a year or two, but I personally don't think it should count unless you have the unlicensed stuff and publisher variants as well (both Temple of Dooms, for example)...

• Like 1

Member · Posted
On 6/10/2022 at 4:07 PM, a3quit4s said:

I am once again asking for a complete NES badge minus stadium events. I think I’m due for 2022. 

it can even be an icon with stadium events crossed out like a no smoking sign. 

If we are getting that, I want a badge for a full PS1 set minus the games I don't want to buy.

Member · Posted
10 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

If we are getting that, I want a badge for a full PS1 set minus the games I don't want to buy.

What single PS1 game costs $30k out of curiosity? 😄

Edited by a3quit4s

On 6/15/2022 at 1:12 AM, Dr. Morbis said:

That's a slippery slope...  Licensed only?  Unlicensed?  Publisher variants?  I'm probably going to end up with a "Complete minus SE" NES set myself within a year or two, but I personally don't think it should count unless you have the unlicensed stuff and publisher variants as well (both Temple of Dooms, for example)...

The set of achievements that these seem to be primarily based on included awards for both the licensed as well as unlicensed sets.  And, so far as I'm aware, both Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade versions (what I believe you meant to refer to) have always been included in the licensed NES list.  Temple of Doom is actually the same game twice, but one is licensed and published by Mindscape, while the other is unlicensed and published by Tengen.  You'd only have to have both if you went for both the licensed and unlicensed badges.

I still believe that building the full set minus Stadium Events should be a celebrated achievement, as literally the only difference past a certain point is either spending thousands of dollars on a single game or virtually hitting the lottery and catching someone slipping at the flea market/thrift store/estate sale/etc.

Member · Posted
52 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

I still believe that building the full set minus Stadium Events should be a celebrated achievement, as literally the only difference past a certain point is either spending thousands of dollars on a single game or virtually hitting the lottery and catching someone slipping at the flea market/thrift store/estate sale/etc.

I agree with you in principle, but the problem is that many/most complete sets will have that "one game" that's comparatively super expensive.  Are we going to have a "Turbografx minus Magical Chase" charm?  Should we have a "This set minus the most expensive game" for every console?  I hope you see my point: as soon as you start making exceptions, it's tough to rationalize where you should draw the line.  Yeah, it sucks that you need SE to have a complete NES set, but whoever said that life was going to be fair......