IGNORED

Ranks & Badges Discussion Thread

Gloves

No charms yet, but I'm close on the VB complete set. Just need Waterworld and Jack Bros. Went from only Virtual Wario Land to having one consolized VB, a VB complete in box out of the blue, and then picking up game throughout the last year.

Come to think of it, I can easily get the homebrew and import ones too. I'll have to take some photos where I get home.

Edited by Yoshi
  • Like 1

Social Team · Posted
On 8/25/2021 at 8:09 PM, darkchylde28 said:

It's been a while since I've mentioned it, and I apologize if anyone else has, but...  Would still love to see a charm with an NES with a red -1 over top for folks with the everything-but-the-$30K-cart sets.

Seriously, it's stupid to not have a charm for for NES when the SE is STUPID expensive.  I love the idea of a big fat -1 as an indicator.  I've even go so far as the NES charm with a big fat 

Spoiler

98-988476_clipart-no-sign-x-red-circle-w

over top the charm to indicate it hasn't been achieved yet but to get that rejection charm you get everything but SE.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Social Team · Posted
On 8/25/2021 at 8:07 PM, Gloves said:

I'm a bit wary of a charm for an "event" which requires a buy-in and has nothing to do with video games. 

Personally anyway. 

Lets be honest, every charm cost money damn near to get.  Would it be better to have a limited number of charms displayed and people can pick which ones they want to show off?  This could allow for more charms to happen while not having people look like they are a dictator to a country....

aB8Q99A_460s.jpg

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, FireHazard51 said:

Lets be honest, every charm cost money damn near to get.  Would it be better to have a limited number of charms displayed and people can pick which ones they want to show off?  This could allow for more charms to happen while not having people look like they are a dictator to a country....

aB8Q99A_460s.jpg

Excuse me, meaningless VGS charms are all the clout some of us can muster.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Social Team · Posted
10 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Excuse me, meaningless VGS charms are all the clout some of us can muster.

I should clarify that console charms, subscription charms, and special award/service/helping hand awards would NOT be part of the limits.  The others would be limited as it won't be long for those who actively participate in VGS things, will get a ton of them collected.  Also this might allow Gloves to not be so tight fisted with what can be given as a charm.  Least he wants to look like a dictator in 3 years 😏

Edited by FireHazard51

On 2/5/2020 at 9:47 AM, Gloves said:

One thing we CAN do right now is to give out a Bauble based on "Days Registered", if that's something you all would be interested in. In essence it'd do almost the same thing. We could have a new one awarded to you for every year you've been a member, and over time the oldest members would have the highest number award. This would happen automatically, AND would be something that everyone can benefit from. It'd still get across that "I was there at the beginning" feel, just would take a little longer to come into effect.

So it's the veteran cape from Runescape, lol.

I was a big fan of the NA awards back in the day. I was away from VGS for a bit but I'm glad to see they're back! Here are some of my random, disorganized opinions on them:

• Full set awards being CIB-agnostic is nice, it cuts down on the number of awards to manage.
  • Series awards were awesome little subset accomplishments to work towards. BUT, there are lots of series out there, so things can start to look cluttered
    • For that reason, I like the idea of having all awards visible on someone's profile, but having them pick a certain number to show up on forum posts.
  • Whenever possible, I greatly prefer awards to be achievable even by new members. So an award like "NA veteran" might please a lot of people, but if I were a new member, it would annoy me that I could never get it. I know, they're just for fun - and I'm not losing sleep over it or anything. It's just a little thing that was always in the back of my mind.
    • Considering that, I'd rather see a "5 year member" award than a "Joined in 2019" award, for example.
  • Continuing with the above thought: I find the yearly awards a bit cluttered. I'd rather have a single award to show that you ranked in ANY contest, and leave it at that.
  • Stadium Events shouldn't be required for the NES set (Sorry, I had to 😛). Include a -1 version. If they can be gifs, the blinking power light idea is a pretty funny one.
  • I second the Nintendo Power award. NA also had a numbered one for strategy guides (I think, and maybe one for accessories?) which would be neat.
  • There used to be one for holding a Twin Galaxies record. A modern interpretation of that could be something speedrunning-related, like having held the world record on speedrun.com for something, maybe with some caveat (there's at least some competition).

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, Alder said:

So it's the veteran cape from Runescape, lol.

I was a big fan of the NA awards back in the day. I was away from VGS for a bit but I'm glad to see they're back! Here are some of my random, disorganized opinions on them:

• Full set awards being CIB-agnostic is nice, it cuts down on the number of awards to manage.
  • Series awards were awesome little subset accomplishments to work towards. BUT, there are lots of series out there, so things can start to look cluttered
    • For that reason, I like the idea of having all awards visible on someone's profile, but having them pick a certain number to show up on forum posts.
  • Whenever possible, I greatly prefer awards to be achievable even by new members. So an award like "NA veteran" might please a lot of people, but if I were a new member, it would annoy me that I could never get it. I know, they're just for fun - and I'm not losing sleep over it or anything. It's just a little thing that was always in the back of my mind.
    • Considering that, I'd rather see a "5 year member" award than a "Joined in 2019" award, for example.
  • Continuing with the above thought: I find the yearly awards a bit cluttered. I'd rather have a single award to show that you ranked in ANY contest, and leave it at that.
  • Stadium Events shouldn't be required for the NES set (Sorry, I had to 😛). Include a -1 version. If they can be gifs, the blinking power light idea is a pretty funny one.
  • I second the Nintendo Power award. NA also had a numbered one for strategy guides (I think, and maybe one for accessories?) which would be neat.
  • There used to be one for holding a Twin Galaxies record. A modern interpretation of that could be something speedrunning-related, like having held the world record on speedrun.com for something, maybe with some caveat (there's at least some competition).

Yo we don't talk about Runescape here, I'm in remission. 

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like I used to know this, but can someone help me out with the definition of a hombrew? I mean I know the Dreamcast had a bunch of games that came out after the official library completed, are those homebrew? And then for like NGDev those had a lot of resources put into them those seem like they shouldn't be homebrew.

Moderator · Posted
7 hours ago, Californication said:

I feel like I used to know this, but can someone help me out with the definition of a hombrew? I mean I know the Dreamcast had a bunch of games that came out after the official library completed, are those homebrew? And then for like NGDev those had a lot of resources put into them those seem like they shouldn't be homebrew.

A quick and dirty definition would be new games produced and released for a console after the conclusion of its licensed era, thus not including unreleased games from a licensed era, reissues, bootlegs, repros, or hacks. I personally do not exclude games as homebrew just because of the size or skill of the publisher. While the term began as something relating to individuals or small groups of hobbyists, the sophistication of homebrew games has grown that such that it’s potential as a lucrative market has attracted the eyes of devs who used to be part of AAA teams and even some larger companies, but that doesn’t detract from the core principal that these are games for obsolete consoles. Which sometimes makes me bristle at folks who complain they aren’t homebrewers but indie game devs, because they think they’re better than the people who initially built this corner of gaming but still want to make money off its fans.

Our own DefaultGen made a pretty good video that offers a definition that helps explain, though he places some games in a gray area I wouldn’t.

So to answer your question, I would place both types of games you mentioned within the definition of homebrew. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
Moderator · Posted

I haven't been following the posts here too closely so pardons if it's been mentioned. I now have 10 charms, but the site on both laptop and mobile seems to only display 9 at a time. Is it possible to display more under our ID when we post or be able to customize which ones get displayed?

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/29/2021 at 4:24 PM, Gloves said:

They're still making amiibo tho. 

They are nearing the completion of the Smash Bros Amiibo Set (now that they've announced all the fighters).  So there could be a Smash Bros Amiibo set once those are released.  

Also, for Game Series Awards, I ran the thread on Nintendo Age for many years.  I'm pretty sure I still have my "qualifications" write up somewhere.  If I can find it, I'll post it.  Might be a good starting template at the very least.  I have lots of thoughts on it and would love to see some of the game series get an award.  

Edited by NintendoTwizer

Okay, so I found my write up from 2013 on the Nintendoage Game Series Awards.  The general idea is the badge/charm is awarded by having all the main titles of the series.  The spirit of it is having the complete "set" and obtaining the original releases (with some leeway) not counting later ports (unless sustainably different) or compilations (for example Mega Man Collection for Switch would not replace the need to have the original NES releases, but also would not be needed for the set).

Basically, post a picture of the games on the list and receive the badge.   I'll post my old Nintendoage write up here:

1xNwQw2.jpeg

Rules for "Game Series" awards

Qualifications and rules for the Game Series Awards are as follows: 

What is and isn't on the series lists and why

- NA releases only for what games are considered for the list.
- So our Europe members aren't left out, PAL counterparts are OK for the completion of game series sets.
- Does not have to be CIB.  Loose is OK.
- Looking for original or close to original releases. Ports or variants within a couple years are OK.
- Compilations and collections are not part of the list and can't be substituted for individual titles.
- Re-releases in the form of Players Choice, Greatest Hits, etc. are OK.
- DLC, cell phone games are not part of the list. 
- Only one console version is fine. (As in you don't need both PS3 and X360 versions.)
- Some games have the same title. Example: Mega Man for NES and Mega Man for Gamegear. If they are both on the list it means they are different enough to be considered unique titles. 
- List will be updated as needed. Please note that once a member has an Award, they get to keep it. Unless they sell off their collection or want their Award removed. 
- If this seem to confusing, please just refer to the lists below for which games are required. 

Examples of the Game Series List. (Last time I updated this was 2013, so it's super outdated, probably not perfect, but just to get a general idea).

Game Series Awards    

Castlevania    

Game  Systems Year
Castlevania NES 1987
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest NES 1988
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse NES 1990
Castlevania: The Adventure GB 1989
Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge GB 1991
Castlevania Legends GB 1998
Super Castlevania IV SNES 1991
Castlevania: Dracula X SNES 1995
Castlevania: Bloodlines SEGA 1994
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night PS1 1997
Castlevania Chronicles PS1 2001
Castlevania N64 1998
Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness N64 1999
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon GBA 2001
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance GBA 2002
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow GBA 2003
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence PS2 2003
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness  PS2, XBOX 2005
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow DS 2005
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin DS 2006
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia DS 2008
Castlevania Judgement  WII 2008
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow  PS3, X360 2010
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate 3DS 2013

Contra    

Game  Systems Year
Contra NES 1987
Super Contra NES 1988
Contra Force NES 1992
Operation C GB 1991
Contra III:  Alien Wars SNES 1992
Contra: Hard Corps SG 1994
Contra: Legacy of War PS1, SAT 1996
Contra Adventure PS1 1998
Contra:  Shattered Soldier PS2 2002
Neo Contra PS2 2004
Contra 4 DS 2007

Donkey Kong    

Game  Systems Year
Donkey Kong NES 1986
Donkey Kong Jr. NES 1986
Donkey Kong 3 NES 1986
Donkey Kong Math NES 1985
Donkey Kong  GB 1994
Donkey Kong Land GB 1995
Donkey Kong Land 2:  Diddy's Kong Quest GB 1996
Donkey Kong Land 3 GB 1997
Donkey Kong Country SNES 1994
Donkey Kong Country 2:  Diddy's K's Q. SNES 1995
Donkey Kong Country 3:  Dixie K's D.T. SNES 1996
Diddy Kong Racing N64 1997
Donkey Kong 64 N64 1999
Mario Vs. Donkey Kong  GBA 2004
Donkey Kong King of Swing GBA 2005
Donkey Konga NGC 2004
Donkey Konga 2 NGC 2005
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat NGC 2005
Donkey Kong Jungle Climber DS 2007
Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 2 March of the Minis DS 2006
Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem DS 2010
Donkey Kong:  Barrel Blast Wii 2007
Donkey Kong Country Returns Wii 2010

Dragon Quest    

Game  Systems Year
Dragon Warrior NES 1989
Dragon Warrior 2 NES 1990
Dragon Warrior 3 NES 1991
Dragon Warrior 4 NES 1992
Dragon Warrior Monsters GBC 2000
Dragon Warrior Monsters 2:  Cobi's Adv. GBC 2001
Dragon Warrior Monsters 2:  Tara's Adv. GBC 2001
Dragon Quest 7:  Warriors of Eden PS1 2001
Dragon Warrior:  Torneko Last Hope PS1 2000
Dragon Quest 8:  Journey of the Cursed K. PS2 2005
Dragon Quest Heroes:  Rocket Slime DS 2006
Dragon Quest Monsters - Joker DS 2007
Dragon Quest Monsters - Joker 2 DS 2011
Dragon Quest 5:  Hand of Heavenly Bride DS 2009
Dragon Quest 6:  Realms of Revelation DS 2011
Dragon Quest 9:  Sentinels of Starry Skies DS 2010
Dragon Quest Swords:  The Masked Queen WII 2008

Kirby    

Game  Systems Year
Kirby's Dreamland GB 1992
Kirby's Dreamland 2 GB 1995
Kirby's Pinball Land GB 1993
Kirby's Block Ball GB 1996
Kirby's Star Stacker GB 1997
Kirby's Adventure NES 1993
Kirby's Dream Course SNES 1995
Kirby's Avalanche SNES 1995
Kirby Super Star SNES 1996
Kirby's Dreamland 3 SNES 1997
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards N64 2000
Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble GBC 2001
Kirby's Air Ride NGC 2003
Kirby & the Amazing Mirror GBA 2004
Kirby: Canvas Curse DS 2005
Kirby: Squeak Squad DS 2006
Kirby:  Mass Attack DS 2011
Kirby's Epic Yarn WII 2010
Kirby's Return to Dreamland WII 2011

Mario (Mainline Series)    

Game  Systems Year
Mario Bros., The Original NES, ATARI, C64 1985
Super Mario Bros. NES 1985
Super Mario Bros. 2 NES 1988
Super Mario Bros. 3 NES 1990
Super Mario Land GB 1989
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins GB 1992
Super Mario World  SNES 1991
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island SNES 1995
Super Mario 64 N64 1996
Mario Kart 64 N64 1997
Super Mario Sunshine NGC 2002
New Super Mario Bros. DS 2006
Super Mario 64 DS DS 2006
Super Mario Galaxy WII 2007
Super Mario Galaxy 2 WII 2010
New Super Mario Bros. Wii WII 2009
Super Mario 3D Land 3DS 2011
New Super Mario Bros. 2 3DS 2012
New Super Mario Bros. WiiU WIIU 2012

Metroid    

Game  Systems Year
Metroid NES 1986
Metroid II: Return of Samus GB 1991
Super Metroid SNES 1994
Metroid Fusion GBA 2002
Metroid: Zero Mission GBA 2004
Metroid Prime NGC 2002
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes NGC 2004
Metroid Prime Pinball DS 2005
Metroid Prime Hunters DS 2006
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption WII 2007
Metroid: Other M WII 2010

Resident Evil    

Game  Systems Year
Resident Evil or RE:DC PS1, SAT, PC 1996
Resident Evil 2 PS1, N64 1998
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis PS1, PC, DC 1999
Resident Evil: Survivor PS1 2000
Resident Evil: Code Veronica DC, PS2 2000
Resident Evil Gaiden GBC 2002
Resident Evil 0 NGC 2002
Resident Evil (Remake) NGC 2002
Resident Evil 4 NGC, PS2 2005
Resident Evil: Dead Aim PS2 2003
Resident Evil Outbreak PS2 2004
Resident Evil Outbreak: File #2 PS2 2005
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles WII 2007
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles WII 2009
Resident Evil 5  PS3, X360, PC 2009
Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City X360/PS3 2012
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D 3DS 2011
Resident Evil:  Revelations 3DS 2012

Silent Hill    

Game  Systems Year
Silent Hill PS1 1999
Silent Hill 2 or SH 2: DC PS2, XBOX, PC 2001
Silent Hill 3 PS2, PC 2003
Silent Hill 4:  The Room PS2, XBOX, PC 2004
Silent Hill Origins PSP, PS2 2007
Silent Hill Homecoming PS3, X360, PC 2008
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories WII, PS2, PSP 2010
Silent Hill: Downpour PS3, X360   2012
Silent Hill: Book of Memories VITA 2012

Sonic    

Game  Systems Year
Sonic the Hedgehog  SG 1991
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 SG, GG 1992
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 SG 1994
Sonic & Knuckles SG 1994
Sonic Spinball SG, SMS, GG 1993
Sonic 3D Blast SG, SAT 1996
Sonic the Hedgehog GG, SMS 1991
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 GG, SMS 1992
Sonic Triple Trouble GG 1994
Sonic Drift 2 GG 1995
Sonic Chaos  GG, SMS 1995
Sonic Labyrinth GG 1995
Sonic Blast GG 1996
Sonic CD SCD 1993
Sonic R SAT 1997
Sonic Pocket Adventure NEO GEO P.C. 1999
Sonic Adventure DC 1999
Sonic Adventure 2 DC, NGC 2001
Sonic Shuffle DC 2000
Sonic Advance GBA, N-GAGE 2002
Sonic Advance 2 GBA 2003
Sonic Advance 3 GBA 2004
Sonic Pinball Party GBA 2003
Sonic Battle GBA 2004
Sonic Heroes  NGC, PS2, XBOX 2004
Sonic Riders NGC, PS2, XBOX 2006
Sonic Rush DS 2005
Sonic Rush Adventure DS 2007
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood DS 2008
Sonic Colors DS 2010
Sonic Rivals PSP 2006
Sonic Rivals 2 PSP 2007
Sonic the Hedgehog X360, PS3 2006
Sonic Unleashed  X360, PS3, WII 2008
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing X360, PS3, WII, DS 2010
Sonic Free Riders X360 2010
Sonic Generations X360 2011
Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed X360, PS3, WIIU, DS, VITA 2012
Sonic and the Black Knight WII 2009
Sonic and the Secret Rings WII 2007
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity  WII, PS2 2008
Sonic Colors WII  2010
Sonic Generations 3DS 2011

Notes:  Tails Adventure not included because it stars Tails.  Knuckles Chaotix not included because it stars Knuckles.  Sega Pico games not included because let's face it: Educainment games aren't real games. Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine not included because it's really Puyo Puyo. The Olympic games aren't included because they would also be Mario games.

Wario    

Game  Systems Year
Wario Land:  Super Mario Land 3 GB 1994
Wario Blast:  Featuring Bomberman! GB 1994
Wario Land II GB, GBC 1998
Wario Woods NES, SNES 1994
Virtual Boy Wario Land   VB 1995
Wario Land III GBC 2000
Wario Land 4 GBA 2001
Wario Ware Inc. Mega Microgames! GBA,NGC 2003
Wario Ware: Twisted! GBA 2005
Warioworld NGC 2003
Wario Ware: Touched! DS 2005
Wario: Master of Disguise DS 2007
Wario Ware:  D.I.Y. DS 2010
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves WII 2006
Wario Land:  The Shake Dimension WII 2008
Game and Wario WII U 2013

Zelda    

Game  Systems Year
Legend of Zelda NES 1987
Zelda II: Adventure of Link NES 1988
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past SNES 1992
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening GB 1993
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time N64 1998
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask N64 2000
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages GBC 2001
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons GBC 2001
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker NGC 2003
Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures NGC 2004
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess  NGC, WII 2006
Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap GBA 2004
Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass DS 2007
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks DS 2009
Link's Crossbow Training WII 2007
Legend of Zelda:  Skyward Sword WII 2011

Notes:  The Panasonic CD-i games were not included in this list.  As they are not reconized by Nintendo.

Just a thought, we can change as we see fit, but could be a good base for the awards.  I also don't mind updating these lists with the new releases.  Deciding what goes on the list or doesn't is tough with all these series.  The main thing to keep it fair, is that we all go off the same list.

Edited by NintendoTwizer
  • Like 1

Social Team · Posted
On 11/10/2021 at 6:38 PM, NintendoTwizer said:

Okay, so I found my write up from 2013 on the Nintendoage Game Series Awards.  The general idea is the badge/charm is awarded by having all the main titles of the series.  The spirit of it is having the complete "set" and obtaining the original releases (with some leeway) not counting later ports (unless sustainably different) or compilations (for example Mega Man Collection for Switch would not replace the need to have the original NES releases, but also would not be needed for the set).

Basically, post a picture of the games on the list and receive the badge.   I'll post my old Nintendoage write up here:

1xNwQw2.jpeg

Rules for "Game Series" awards

Qualifications and rules for the Game Series Awards are as follows: 

What is and isn't on the series lists and why

- NA releases only for what games are considered for the list.
- So our Europe members aren't left out, PAL counterparts are OK for the completion of game series sets.
- Does not have to be CIB.  Loose is OK.
- Looking for original or close to original releases. Ports or variants within a couple years are OK.
- Compilations and collections are not part of the list and can't be substituted for individual titles.
- Re-releases in the form of Players Choice, Greatest Hits, etc. are OK.
- DLC, cell phone games are not part of the list. 
- Only one console version is fine. (As in you don't need both PS3 and X360 versions.)
- Some games have the same title. Example: Mega Man for NES and Mega Man for Gamegear. If they are both on the list it means they are different enough to be considered unique titles. 
- List will be updated as needed. Please note that once a member has an Award, they get to keep it. Unless they sell off their collection or want their Award removed. 
- If this seem to confusing, please just refer to the lists below for which games are required. 

Examples of the Game Series List. (Last time I updated this was 2013, so it's super outdated, probably not perfect, but just to get a general idea).

Game Series Awards    

Castlevania    

Game  Systems Year
Castlevania NES 1987
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest NES 1988
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse NES 1990
Castlevania: The Adventure GB 1989
Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge GB 1991
Castlevania Legends GB 1998
Super Castlevania IV SNES 1991
Castlevania: Dracula X SNES 1995
Castlevania: Bloodlines SEGA 1994
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night PS1 1997
Castlevania Chronicles PS1 2001
Castlevania N64 1998
Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness N64 1999
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon GBA 2001
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance GBA 2002
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow GBA 2003
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence PS2 2003
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness  PS2, XBOX 2005
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow DS 2005
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin DS 2006
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia DS 2008
Castlevania Judgement  WII 2008
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow  PS3, X360 2010
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate 3DS 2013

Contra    

Game  Systems Year
Contra NES 1987
Super Contra NES 1988
Contra Force NES 1992
Operation C GB 1991
Contra III:  Alien Wars SNES 1992
Contra: Hard Corps SG 1994
Contra: Legacy of War PS1, SAT 1996
Contra Adventure PS1 1998
Contra:  Shattered Soldier PS2 2002
Neo Contra PS2 2004
Contra 4 DS 2007

Donkey Kong    

Game  Systems Year
Donkey Kong NES 1986
Donkey Kong Jr. NES 1986
Donkey Kong 3 NES 1986
Donkey Kong Math NES 1985
Donkey Kong  GB 1994
Donkey Kong Land GB 1995
Donkey Kong Land 2:  Diddy's Kong Quest GB 1996
Donkey Kong Land 3 GB 1997
Donkey Kong Country SNES 1994
Donkey Kong Country 2:  Diddy's K's Q. SNES 1995
Donkey Kong Country 3:  Dixie K's D.T. SNES 1996
Diddy Kong Racing N64 1997
Donkey Kong 64 N64 1999
Mario Vs. Donkey Kong  GBA 2004
Donkey Kong King of Swing GBA 2005
Donkey Konga NGC 2004
Donkey Konga 2 NGC 2005
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat NGC 2005
Donkey Kong Jungle Climber DS 2007
Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 2 March of the Minis DS 2006
Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem DS 2010
Donkey Kong:  Barrel Blast Wii 2007
Donkey Kong Country Returns Wii 2010

Dragon Quest    

Game  Systems Year
Dragon Warrior NES 1989
Dragon Warrior 2 NES 1990
Dragon Warrior 3 NES 1991
Dragon Warrior 4 NES 1992
Dragon Warrior Monsters GBC 2000
Dragon Warrior Monsters 2:  Cobi's Adv. GBC 2001
Dragon Warrior Monsters 2:  Tara's Adv. GBC 2001
Dragon Quest 7:  Warriors of Eden PS1 2001
Dragon Warrior:  Torneko Last Hope PS1 2000
Dragon Quest 8:  Journey of the Cursed K. PS2 2005
Dragon Quest Heroes:  Rocket Slime DS 2006
Dragon Quest Monsters - Joker DS 2007
Dragon Quest Monsters - Joker 2 DS 2011
Dragon Quest 5:  Hand of Heavenly Bride DS 2009
Dragon Quest 6:  Realms of Revelation DS 2011
Dragon Quest 9:  Sentinels of Starry Skies DS 2010
Dragon Quest Swords:  The Masked Queen WII 2008

Kirby    

Game  Systems Year
Kirby's Dreamland GB 1992
Kirby's Dreamland 2 GB 1995
Kirby's Pinball Land GB 1993
Kirby's Block Ball GB 1996
Kirby's Star Stacker GB 1997
Kirby's Adventure NES 1993
Kirby's Dream Course SNES 1995
Kirby's Avalanche SNES 1995
Kirby Super Star SNES 1996
Kirby's Dreamland 3 SNES 1997
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards N64 2000
Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble GBC 2001
Kirby's Air Ride NGC 2003
Kirby & the Amazing Mirror GBA 2004
Kirby: Canvas Curse DS 2005
Kirby: Squeak Squad DS 2006
Kirby:  Mass Attack DS 2011
Kirby's Epic Yarn WII 2010
Kirby's Return to Dreamland WII 2011

Mario (Mainline Series)    

Game  Systems Year
Mario Bros., The Original NES, ATARI, C64 1985
Super Mario Bros. NES 1985
Super Mario Bros. 2 NES 1988
Super Mario Bros. 3 NES 1990
Super Mario Land GB 1989
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins GB 1992
Super Mario World  SNES 1991
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island SNES 1995
Super Mario 64 N64 1996
Mario Kart 64 N64 1997
Super Mario Sunshine NGC 2002
New Super Mario Bros. DS 2006
Super Mario 64 DS DS 2006
Super Mario Galaxy WII 2007
Super Mario Galaxy 2 WII 2010
New Super Mario Bros. Wii WII 2009
Super Mario 3D Land 3DS 2011
New Super Mario Bros. 2 3DS 2012
New Super Mario Bros. WiiU WIIU 2012

Metroid    

Game  Systems Year
Metroid NES 1986
Metroid II: Return of Samus GB 1991
Super Metroid SNES 1994
Metroid Fusion GBA 2002
Metroid: Zero Mission GBA 2004
Metroid Prime NGC 2002
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes NGC 2004
Metroid Prime Pinball DS 2005
Metroid Prime Hunters DS 2006
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption WII 2007
Metroid: Other M WII 2010

Resident Evil    

Game  Systems Year
Resident Evil or RE:DC PS1, SAT, PC 1996
Resident Evil 2 PS1, N64 1998
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis PS1, PC, DC 1999
Resident Evil: Survivor PS1 2000
Resident Evil: Code Veronica DC, PS2 2000
Resident Evil Gaiden GBC 2002
Resident Evil 0 NGC 2002
Resident Evil (Remake) NGC 2002
Resident Evil 4 NGC, PS2 2005
Resident Evil: Dead Aim PS2 2003
Resident Evil Outbreak PS2 2004
Resident Evil Outbreak: File #2 PS2 2005
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles WII 2007
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles WII 2009
Resident Evil 5  PS3, X360, PC 2009
Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City X360/PS3 2012
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D 3DS 2011
Resident Evil:  Revelations 3DS 2012

Silent Hill    

Game  Systems Year
Silent Hill PS1 1999
Silent Hill 2 or SH 2: DC PS2, XBOX, PC 2001
Silent Hill 3 PS2, PC 2003
Silent Hill 4:  The Room PS2, XBOX, PC 2004
Silent Hill Origins PSP, PS2 2007
Silent Hill Homecoming PS3, X360, PC 2008
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories WII, PS2, PSP 2010
Silent Hill: Downpour PS3, X360   2012
Silent Hill: Book of Memories VITA 2012

Sonic    

Game  Systems Year
Sonic the Hedgehog  SG 1991
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 SG, GG 1992
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 SG 1994
Sonic & Knuckles SG 1994
Sonic Spinball SG, SMS, GG 1993
Sonic 3D Blast SG, SAT 1996
Sonic the Hedgehog GG, SMS 1991
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 GG, SMS 1992
Sonic Triple Trouble GG 1994
Sonic Drift 2 GG 1995
Sonic Chaos  GG, SMS 1995
Sonic Labyrinth GG 1995
Sonic Blast GG 1996
Sonic CD SCD 1993
Sonic R SAT 1997
Sonic Pocket Adventure NEO GEO P.C. 1999
Sonic Adventure DC 1999
Sonic Adventure 2 DC, NGC 2001
Sonic Shuffle DC 2000
Sonic Advance GBA, N-GAGE 2002
Sonic Advance 2 GBA 2003
Sonic Advance 3 GBA 2004
Sonic Pinball Party GBA 2003
Sonic Battle GBA 2004
Sonic Heroes  NGC, PS2, XBOX 2004
Sonic Riders NGC, PS2, XBOX 2006
Sonic Rush DS 2005
Sonic Rush Adventure DS 2007
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood DS 2008
Sonic Colors DS 2010
Sonic Rivals PSP 2006
Sonic Rivals 2 PSP 2007
Sonic the Hedgehog X360, PS3 2006
Sonic Unleashed  X360, PS3, WII 2008
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing X360, PS3, WII, DS 2010
Sonic Free Riders X360 2010
Sonic Generations X360 2011
Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed X360, PS3, WIIU, DS, VITA 2012
Sonic and the Black Knight WII 2009
Sonic and the Secret Rings WII 2007
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity  WII, PS2 2008
Sonic Colors WII  2010
Sonic Generations 3DS 2011

Notes:  Tails Adventure not included because it stars Tails.  Knuckles Chaotix not included because it stars Knuckles.  Sega Pico games not included because let's face it: Educainment games aren't real games. Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine not included because it's really Puyo Puyo. The Olympic games aren't included because they would also be Mario games.

Wario    

Game  Systems Year
Wario Land:  Super Mario Land 3 GB 1994
Wario Blast:  Featuring Bomberman! GB 1994
Wario Land II GB, GBC 1998
Wario Woods NES, SNES 1994
Virtual Boy Wario Land   VB 1995
Wario Land III GBC 2000
Wario Land 4 GBA 2001
Wario Ware Inc. Mega Microgames! GBA,NGC 2003
Wario Ware: Twisted! GBA 2005
Warioworld NGC 2003
Wario Ware: Touched! DS 2005
Wario: Master of Disguise DS 2007
Wario Ware:  D.I.Y. DS 2010
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves WII 2006
Wario Land:  The Shake Dimension WII 2008
Game and Wario WII U 2013

Zelda    

Game  Systems Year
Legend of Zelda NES 1987
Zelda II: Adventure of Link NES 1988
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past SNES 1992
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening GB 1993
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time N64 1998
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask N64 2000
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages GBC 2001
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons GBC 2001
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker NGC 2003
Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures NGC 2004
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess  NGC, WII 2006
Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap GBA 2004
Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass DS 2007
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks DS 2009
Link's Crossbow Training WII 2007
Legend of Zelda:  Skyward Sword WII 2011

Notes:  The Panasonic CD-i games were not included in this list.  As they are not reconized by Nintendo.

Just a thought, we can change as we see fit, but could be a good base for the awards.  I also don't mind updating these lists with the new releases.  Deciding what goes on the list or doesn't is tough with all these series.  The main thing to keep it fair, is that we all go off the same list.

With @Glovestake on things being continually being made makes a charm not possible, there is little hope for this.  But I think a annual re-evaluation of what the current list is need for the charm would be OK.  Not like some of these series are getting multiple releases a year.  

Either way I like the effort given to this cause and feel like this is a cool idea.  I would've never guessed Sonic would have more games than Mario.

Administrator · Posted
19 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

With @Glovestake on things being continually being made makes a charm not possible, there is little hope for this.  But I think a annual re-evaluation of what the current list is need for the charm would be OK.  Not like some of these series are getting multiple releases a year.  

Either way I like the effort given to this cause and feel like this is a cool idea.  I would've never guessed Sonic would have more games than Mario.

I mean, I'm flexible. 

We have to be cautious about putting a bunch of annual work on "someone". These lists have a habit of getting stale. 

If someone is volunteering to keep the list up to date, and if it's handed out based on "what exists today" with no resubmission requirements, that's probably fine. 

I'd prefer to start small with a couple popular series, personally. Maybe roll them out slowly. 

Social Team · Posted
Just now, Gloves said:

I mean, I'm flexible. 

We have to be cautious about putting a bunch of annual work on "someone". These lists have a habit of getting stale. 

If someone is volunteering to keep the list up to date, and if it's handed out based on "what exists today" with no resubmission requirements, that's probably fine. 

I'd prefer to start small with a couple popular series, personally. Maybe roll them out slowly. 

Good points, especially agree with a slow roll out.  I'm a bit curious about the whole "no resubmission requirements".  I think you need to keep it current.  Maybe we can meet in the middle.  Charms resubmission are required with the end of production for a system.  

I think Zelda and Metroid are prime for the roll out as they are easy to make a list for (little argument for what's required for charm) and are fan favorites for sure.  

12 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

Good points, especially agree with a slow roll out.  I'm a bit curious about the whole "no resubmission requirements".  I think you need to keep it current.  Maybe we can meet in the middle.  Charms resubmission are required with the end of production for a system.  

I'm all for being as "current" as possible for the initial roll out, but I don't think it's worth the effort to check each year for something that ultimately isn't that important.  One thing to keep in mind is that if someone has every game in a series as of x date, it's pretty unlikely that they are going to stop buying games form that series going forward just because they already have the charm.  

• Agree 2