IGNORED

Badge Signup Thread

Gloves

complete loose US Virtual Boy set:

RcAfzYL.jpg

complete loose US Sega 32x set (+Darxide Repro. also, top labels rule!):

xYdLyXG.jpg

i know there's an argument that the 4 Sega CD/32x games need to be included, but i don't subscribe to that belief. How can a CD game be part of a system that has no disc drive?

• Like 6

11 hours ago, twiztor said:

[ snip ]

xYdLyXG.jpg

i know there's an argument that the 4 Sega CD/32x games need to be included, but i don't subscribe to that belief. How can a CD game be part of a system that has no disc drive?

The 32x set has 31 games? I feel like this is a completely missed opportunity 😛 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Administrator · Posted
12 hours ago, twiztor said:

complete loose US Virtual Boy set:

RcAfzYL.jpg

xYdLyXG.jpg

Added VB, but we don't have an award for 32x (yet). Remind me later if you see we've added it but didn't give it to you!

• Thanks 1

Administrator · Posted
11 minutes ago, Beliskner said:

Loved these back on NA. Will these be for NTSC sets or would a PAL set also qualify? Being from Europe it's basically impossible to get a full NTSC set and in general PAL sets are not that much harder or easier to complete than NTSC sets.

Collect your own region! 

Yeah and even then how do you really qualify it?  There have been kits that have come and gone over the years now that would make it impossible to say you had a full set of copier kits.  Some systems just don't have one now but did before, and so on, and then others aren't exactly the same but a piggy back device like PSIO or the SD card replacement drop in drives for CD consoles (Saturn, DC, etc.)

Perhaps a bauble if you own 5+ would be logical.

I was kidding, but if it was to be a semi-serious badge, you could make it a complete set (one for each system) Everdrive only badge.  I'm not an Everdrive guy, but if they have 15 types/versions for 10 systems, you'd need to have 10x everdrives, one for each system.  But, you wouldn't have to have the most up to date version.

Again, I'm not suggesting this but I think it's fair.  How many systems have Everdrives, anyway?

Yeah, I assumed that you mean Everdrive, instead of generically saying flash cart.  Everdrive is a brand name, and it's well established as to which consoles they are available for (of which I have one of each).  There are of course, other brands of flash carts, and it would be difficult argue whether they should be included or not.  Probably not a realistic badge to create, but I would still love to have it.  

Yeah it's probably not realistic due to fairness. Krikzz doesn't deserve (no offense) being sucked up to any more than any other kit maker.  He does fine work, but there are others that will match and perhaps exceed his skills in overlapping ways, or on systems he's not touched.  Saint of RetroHQ has the NGPC and Lynx kits for example, and enough have done the whole DS and 3DS line too.  But with overlap BennVenn has his amazing line of DMG/GBC flash kits that are just as nice if not nicer than krikzz at a fraction of the price.  And they've functionally been around a lot longer too, as such with the Tototek devices I recall or the earlier GB to GBA stuff as it had lots of makers.  Even the NES/SNES had the powerpaks that are now out of date.  If flash kits got a badge a number would have to be made and an icon of some generic nature to cover it would have to happen to be right about it.