IGNORED

Full NES Licensed Vs. Unlicensed List?

11 hours ago, Tulpa said:

Wikipedia pegs the list at 678, and doesn't count the NWCs. I'll be damned if I could find out what the extra game was, though.

I went through them all and then I realized that although they say there are 678 games, the list only has 677 (I've now corrected the page).

Although when comparing, I noticed that your list has Ghost Lion twice (as "Ghost Lion. The Legend of" and "Legend of Ghost Lion"), but does not have "Ice Climber".

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

I went through them all and then I realized that although they say there are 678 games, the list only has 677 (I've now corrected the page).

Thank you for taking one for the team.

3 hours ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Although when comparing, I noticed that your list has Ghost Lion twice (as "Ghost Lion. The Legend of" and "Legend of Ghost Lion"), but does not have "Ice Climber".

Goddammit!

Oh well, Ice Climber sucks, anyway. 😛

• Haha 1

Jonebone.....my buying has definitely slowed over the past year.  But dang it, seeing this thread seems to have reignited the passion.  I’m essentially halfway there, time to pick it up and keep going to get the North American NES library of official releases.  Thanks for the kick in the pants!!!  🙂

44 minutes ago, NesQuest said:

Jonebone.....my buying has definitely slowed over the past year.  But dang it, seeing this thread seems to have reignited the passion.  I’m essentially halfway there, time to pick it up and keep going to get the North American NES library of official releases.  Thanks for the kick in the pants!!!  🙂

Sweet glad I could be an inspiration! I'm slowing building up some extra CIBs if you happen to have a need list. And do you have any extra CIBs in your trade pile too?

26 minutes ago, jonebone said:

Sweet glad I could be an inspiration! I'm slowing building up some extra CIBs if you happen to have a need list. And do you have any extra CIBs in your trade pile too?

I’m not a big CIB guy, but do have some.  Nothing big and not sure I’d like to trade it at the moment.

• 2 years later...
On 1/29/2020 at 8:32 AM, 8-bit_boice said:

It really depends how far down the rabbit hole you want to go. You also get into label variants like gun.smoke, blue/black untouchables, MTPO vs PO, silver/yellow Metroid, game revisions like tecmo bowl and tecmo NBA basketball where they actually took characters out or added new characters, the 4 different variants of Wayne Gretzky, then you also have some games like Hollywood squares where there's a blue and a black box but no different cart and flying dragon that has variant manual and boxes but not carts. I can try and find my list for you this weekend if you don't get one before. There's also a couple label variants for unlicensed tengen Pac-Man.

I was wondering did you find your list if so can I have a copy?

Id do it again if the set were small enough, and easily enough obtained it won't turn into some pissing match into the $100s of dollars for an item.  VB was fun in 2019.  I have a somewhat of an obscure (to some) turd of a handheld coming in the mail probably late next week, has under 70 carts to its name but I think some would be a nightmare.

I can only tell you what I'm doing for a full set, it includes all variants of anything:

• released on a NES cartridge prior to 2000
  • released on a NES cartridge and licensed by the original developers that released a different version prior to 2000

And I'm collecting everything in box, and yes every game (except for the competition cartridges) came with a box. For example:

• Monster In My Pocket was modified internally to fit a figure inside the box and this figure is considered part of the completion
  • Arkanoid had a larger box that included a Vaus controller inside
  • Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt had an even larger box that included a console inside

If you don't consider Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt as having a box (which it clearly did), then you logically cannot consider Arkanoid as having a box neither.

Hey, I just have to keep holding out hope that I'll stumble across Stadium Events at the flea market, or a yard or estate sale or something.  Might not ever happen (and I definitely won't be paying retail for it unless I hit the lottery given how much more stupid it's gotten in the last 2-3 years), but I'll keep holding out hope.