IGNORED

GBA Game Variant Question: The Powerpuff Girls Mojo Jojo A-Go-Go

BirdDogGaming

The Powerpuff Girls: Mojo Jojo A-Go-Go has a USA release and a revised USA-1 release. I am looking for images of the box for each of these printings. I am trying to find out if there's any difference in the box of the first print vs that of that USA-1 release. The pictures I've included here are of a sealed copy currently listed on eBay. It's the only listing with the box on eBay, and because it's sealed I can't really tell which printing of the cartridge is inside. Anyone who has the box for this game, please post images.

To give you an example of the kind of small difference(s) I'm looking for, the box for Dexter's Laboratory: Deesaster Strikes (another game from the same publisher) has a slight difference in the Nintendo Seal; the USA version says "Official Nintendo Seal of Quality" while the USA-1 version just says "Official Nintendo Seal." I don't think this is the case for the Powerpuff Girls game because both the USA cart and the USA-1 cart for this one have the same seal.

Thanks in advance. I'm working on a YouTube video and any information is greatly appreciated.

the powerpuff girls mojo jojo a go go sealed ebay listing.jpg1591195829_thepowerpuffgirlsmojojojoagogosealedebaylisting2.thumb.jpg.7d8fe3e1c4a511fec44ac748fb243363.jpg

Edited by thatgamernerd
Added a second image

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Powerpuff-Girls-Mojo-Jojo-A-Go-Go-Nintendo-Game-Boy-Advance-2001-/362974007664?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l10137.c10&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

USA-1 version does have only "Official Nintendo Seal" as opposed to yr picture, but I still haven't seen a open box copy of this one so I'm not sure. Can only assume that this is the regular USA version without the revision.

On 6/9/2020 at 7:08 PM, netorare said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Powerpuff-Girls-Mojo-Jojo-A-Go-Go-Nintendo-Game-Boy-Advance-2001-/362974007664?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l10137.c10&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

USA-1 version does have only "Official Nintendo Seal" as opposed to yr picture, but I still haven't seen a open box copy of this one so I'm not sure. Can only assume that this is the regular USA version without the revision.

That’s exactly what I needed. Thanks for sharing! Surprised I didn’t see that listing. 

Attaching pictures from that listing for future’s sake:

ADFC195A-EEE8-405A-B7B8-A7140749CB04.jpeg

92170251-1771-4040-975F-739DDB198480.jpeg

60ABD6BF-2604-4F6D-B801-7CBECA7264F2.jpeg

• 8 months later...

I’m beginning to think there are 3 different ways this game was released. I’ve found three separate instances where the box with the full “Official Nintendo Seal of Quality” came with a USA-1 cart, which seems bizarre.

But if these three instances are not examples of incorrectly married parts, then the three potential releases of this game would be:

First print:

• USA cartridge 
  • Box with full “Official Nintendo Seal of Quality”

Second print:

• USA-1 cartridge 
  • Box with full “Official Nintendo Seal of Quality”

Third print:

• USA-1 Cartridge
  • Box with only “Official Nintendo Seal”

To be clear, this can’t be proven or disproven without opening several sealed copies, which will likely never happen, since the game is so hard to find. 

Edited by BirdDogGaming