IGNORED

Star Keeper - General Collector’s Discussion

Lambda

21 hours ago, DestructoDisk said:

It sold for $1000. I plan on making a video about why it was sold, But long story short, it was a gift for my daughter and she ended up not enjoying it and would rather have some other things.

Dude! Why didn’t you sell it to me???? You could’ve saved yourself a bunch of money by taking out the eBay fees.

Even though it's sitting at my parents' place indefinitely, I am sooo glad I got my copy of the game when I did. It seems that as soon I got mine, things started going bonkers.

I can't wait until I can get my hands on this, then I hope to share the gameplay experience with @OptOut

2 hours ago, Jfreakofkorn said:

Should ve found a buyer here 

Stays in the community and eliminates a l9t of fees elsewhere , imo 

I had reached out to him back in December to let him know that if he was ever interested in selling it, that I’d be more than willing to work out a deal with him. He said he was keeping his copy for good. All of a sudden, it’s sold on eBay a few months later lol. 

1 hour ago, Generic said:

I had reached out to him back in December to let him know that if he was ever interested in selling it, that I’d be more than willing to work out a deal with him. He said he was keeping his copy for good. All of a sudden, it’s sold on eBay a few months later lol. 

It was my daughters decision. And because I was selling it for her I wanted a little more security, that eBay offers. Didn't want the process to take too long so I just put up a high buy it now, with offers open, so it would sell fast, but interested buyers would have a ballpark idea of what we were looking for. Something will be going back to a community member as soon as the payment is processed.

59 minutes ago, DestructoDisk said:

It was my daughters decision. And because I was selling it for her I wanted a little more security, that eBay offers. Didn't want the process to take too long so I just put up a high buy it now, with offers open, so it would sell fast, but interested buyers would have a ballpark idea of what we were looking for. Something will be going back to a community member as soon as the payment is processed.

eBay offers zero security, all of the security is in the payment processor (PayPal) which you would get selling anywhere. It isn't any safer selling on eBay.

2 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

eBay offers zero security, all of the security is in the payment processor (PayPal) which you would get selling anywhere. It isn't any safer selling on eBay.

Not sure if PayPal and eBay are a  partnership anymore. But I could be wrong. Recently I noticed that eBay fees and payments are done without PayPal.   

46 minutes ago, RetroX85 said:

Not sure if PayPal and eBay are a  partnership anymore. But I could be wrong. Recently I noticed that eBay fees and payments are done without PayPal.   

That is correct. None of the payment was handled by Paypal. And I worded things the way I did for a reason, saying “a little more security “. Because the seller protection isn’t the best, but it is something. I have had eBay support me as a seller in the past, so I didn’t lose out on money. On NintendoAge in the past I have seen people lose out, and really there was nothing that could be done. If it was my own item, I would have sold it here and taken a slightly larger risk, but that wasn’t the case.

51 minutes ago, RetroX85 said:

They aren't but I just used PayPal as an example (in brackets). Whichever payment processor he chooses to use is irrelevant, my point is all of the protection is in that particular payment processor. If you use eBay and then pay with cash or cheque, eBay will do nothing for you. Like I said, it's all in the payment processor, eBay adds nothing.

2 minutes ago, DestructoDisk said:

That is correct. None of the payment was handled by Paypal. And I worded things the way I did for a reason, saying “a little more security “. Because the seller protection isn’t the best, but it is something. I have had eBay support me as a seller in the past, so I didn’t lose out on money. On NintendoAge in the past I have seen people lose out, and really there was nothing that could be done. If it was my own item, I would have sold it here and taken a slightly larger risk, but that wasn’t the case.

Just now, Code Monkey said:

They aren't but I just used PayPal as an example (in brackets). Whichever payment processor he chooses to use is irrelevant, my point is all of the protection is in that particular payment processor. If you use eBay and then pay with cash or cheque, eBay will do nothing for you. Like I said, it's all in the payment processor, eBay adds nothing.

I wouldnt go as far to say " eBay will do nothing for you".

Considering I don't remember the last time I paid someone with an actual check or cash on eBay. It has either been a debit or credit purchase. 

I made several purchases on eBay in which I could not reach the seller and I never received the Item I paid for. I had to open a claim with eBay and eBay then help me get my money back because the seller did not communicate with me at all. 

1 minute ago, RetroX85 said:

Considering I don't remember the last time I paid someone with an actual check or cash on eBay. It has either been a debit or credit purchase. 

I made several purchases on eBay in which I could not reach the seller and I never received the Item I paid for. I had to open a claim with eBay and eBay then help me get my money back because the seller did not communicate with me at all. 

Yep, eBay has helped me as both a buyer and a seller in different situations.

46 minutes ago, RetroX85 said:

Is that when they were in a partnership with PayPal? It's likely they contacted PayPal and they are the ones that took care of it. Any time I've ever contacted eBay (years ago) about a dispute, I always got the refund from PayPal, not eBay.

1 minute ago, Code Monkey said:

Is that when they were in a partnership with PayPal? It's likely they contacted PayPal and they are the ones that took care of it. Any time I've ever contacted eBay (years ago) about a dispute, I always got the refund from PayPal, not eBay.

Yeah most likey a refund would be received from PayPal thru eBays dispute and resolution center.

So, if a claim was never filed Thru eBay, then PayPal would have no indication that a buyer sought out a refund. They "both" put the effort in to ensure security and made sure refunds were possible in various situations. 

Either way, I would have paid lol. I was on NA since 2012 and never had one botched transaction on there. I would’ve given my feedback on all sites I sell on buy on and we could’ve used PayPal Goods and Services. 

There could have been a way to work around it. Even a link saying, “hey, I know a couple of you guys are interested in this game. Here’s the link in case you want to buy it from my eBay store”. 

Oh well I guess....on to the next one! If any of you guys don’t want to sell on VGS, at least provide us with your eBay link since there are a few people that want to add the game to their collection.

Edited by Generic

26 minutes ago, RetroX85 said:

Yeah most likey a refund would be received from PayPal thru eBays dispute and resolution center.

So, if a claim was never filed Thru eBay, then PayPal would have no indication that a buyer sought out a refund. They "both" put the effort in to ensure security and made sure refunds were possible in various situations. 

No, eBay just passes off the request to the payment processor. If you contacted PayPal directly and didn't even notify eBay at all, the result would have been identical. That's my point, eBay does nothing but pass off the request, they don't do anything for you themselves. So it's no safer than selling it here and receiving payment via PayPal, not using eBay at all.

12 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

No, eBay just passes off the request to the payment processor. If you contacted PayPal directly and didn't even notify eBay at all, the result would have been identical. That's my point, eBay does nothing but pass off the request, they don't do anything for you themselves. So it's no safer than selling it here and receiving payment via PayPal, not using eBay at all.

I suppose it wouldn't matter. In fact, they should just get rid of eBays claims and Resolution center all together, no one needs it.. 

Hey everyone, I made it to Level 7. I have to say that stage 6 was probably the worse stage thus far for me. The placement of stars, blue smiley blocks, and floating spike mines really hinders your ability to move freely away from your enemies. The 2nd wave of level 6 is pretty crazy. I had to farm enough "1 UPs" to effectively get through the 2nd wave. In the end, I finally manage to pull through. The purple background picture is the last few seconds of me wrapping up stage 6 (a real PITA).  The other two screenshots are the beginning stage 7.

I hope to finish this game soon. Its very challenging and rewarding as some of you all already know.  Right now I am just hopeing I don't get a power failure or a system freeze.  Wish me luck. 

20210410_194153.jpg

20210410_194236.jpg

20210410_194831.jpg

• Like 2

Update: Just wrapped up Stage 7. Now I'm moving onto the final stage. I really don't see how anyone can beat stages 6 & 7 without farming a decent amount of 1UP's. Unless you're incredibly coordinated and gifted lol 

There is such a high failure rate considering you are only given 3 lives beginning at each stage or after every game-over. 

I'm happy I've made this far and I'm so close to the end. There is a total of 208 stars in this stage (104 in each wave).

Are there any helpful hints anyone can give me to completing this last stage?  

20210411_172809.jpg

20210411_172738.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RetroX85 said:

Are there any helpful hints anyone can give me to completing this last stage?  

I haven't played this in a long time, but I looked up the advice I gave someone over at that other site:

"I haven't played this again since beating it, so it's not fresh in my memory, but I think I rushed through the first half and took it slow during the second. If I recall correctly, there's a spot a bit to the left of the beginning of the stage that only gargoyles will attack you, so it's a good spot to get power-ups."

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Red said:

" I think I rushed through the first half and took it slow during the second. If I recall correctly, there's a spot a bit to the left of the beginning of the stage that only gargoyles will attack you, so it's a good spot to get power-ups."

Appreciate it. Thanks for the help! 👍😁

23 hours ago, Red said:

I haven't played this in a long time, but I looked up the advice I gave someone over at that other site:

"I haven't played this again since beating it, so it's not fresh in my memory, but I think I rushed through the first half and took it slow during the second. If I recall correctly, there's a spot a bit to the left of the beginning of the stage that only gargoyles will attack you, so it's a good spot to get power-ups."

Update final stage 8:   208 stars 

This is a difficult stage based on just the enemies alone. The positive side is that the layout of the stars makes them fairly easy to gather. 

I haven't had much luck with  gargoyles giving power-ups. The dark-masters have been giving me good power-ups occasionally. The dragons hardly give any power-ups. I guess its all random?

I have gotten past the 1st wave. On the 1st wave I kept moving in one direction and collected the lower stars first and then when I looped back around I collected the higher stars (vice versa). The hardest part is dropping the stars into the Guardian One house while multiple enemies are attacking.  I'm really starting to think I may have to farm more '1UP's but I don't have any clue on where I could potentially gather more lives without being bombarded by dragons, dark masters and gargoyles. Having more lives will allow me to gain a solid run-thru without having a game-over and starting back to wave 1 again.  

I feel pretty confident in getting past the 1st wave. Its the 2nd wave I'm struggling with. The 2nd wave has another different dark master and the occasional fire blasts rain down from the sky. This is proving to be very tricky. 

• Like 1