IGNORED

Star Keeper - General Collector’s Discussion

Lambda

On 1/28/2020 at 3:19 PM, Plasma Man said:

I was hoping to take more in level shots with some enemies but doing so means certain death.  I sacrificed a couple of lives to capture some enemies in stage 7 and 8.  Black background is stage 7 and red background is stage 8.

IMG_20200128_145554.jpg

IMG_20200128_145611 (1).jpg

IMG_20200128_150853.jpg

IMG_20200128_150908.jpg

I love the screenshots of these levels. I can't wait until I get that far. I've only gotten to level 2 lol and I got a long way to go. Its gonna be a challenge but I really like this game! It lives up to its hype. I just wish I could figure out that extra lives code. Soon enough I hope..

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I still have my original but never made it past the 2nd level 🙂 What a great game. I love the manual and the hand tapped warranty information too! I remembering the developer in the original tend to age thread indicating that his dream was always to create a game. Well he did it and he succeeded spectacularly based on how desirable it still is to this day!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/6/2020 at 9:42 PM, Ferris Bueller said:

I have all three, I think the main difference is reflected on the title screen. I can double check if necessary.

I have the Gift Edition. You were able to request a short phrase of limited characters to be added to title screen like your name. I had "GIFT EDITION" added on mine. It also has ge and version number in the bottom right corner of title screen.

20201222_230021.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

In case anyone is interested in what the original shipping box looks like, here it is. It is numbered to correspond to the title screen's number. Also the plastic bag inside the box has the number. I had the title screen customized to include my name. I don't care if it lowers the value 😉 its personalized. This is #17

20210212_183211.jpg

20210212_183247.jpg

20210212_183611.jpg

Edited by acromite53
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

What kind of crazy person would keep the boxes their Aftermarket Games come in?   😉

I also kept the shipping box it came in. I do that with a lot of homebrew games and odds n ends. Don't ask me why. Since everyone is taking pictures I'll dig mine out tomorrow and post a couple.

True story: Iicr, when it was debuted, the title screen 87Arts posted before the carts were made showed up as a typo "Star Keppr" (or maybe "Star Keper"? I forget). I mentioned this to him, and he fixed it before release. Possibly days before. lol He thanked me and told me I found a "major bug".

Just imagine, if I haven't mentioned it to him, all of us that own a cart would have that typo on the title screen! Hahaha.

I doubt that I still have them, but if I can find the old pictures from NA that he took down, I'll post them up. 

I still have my cart somewhere. It's been put away, and because of covid I haven't been able to get to it. Long story. I haven't gotten around playing it yet either, mainly because my Nintendo needed repair, and all I had was clone consoles to play NES games on (and this game don't play on some clones, especially mine since mine ran via emulation)

I do remember laughing at the bit of one of the enemies in the game mentioned in the manual. The fact that he "shits on you" is something I'd never thought I'd see in a video game manual. lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

I was just talking the other day how crazy those sales were. All three batches went live at like 2-4AM in the US, and the Gift Edition was a really low run number and I forgot how I ended up getting mine. 

I can't remember how I got mine either. I remember there was a lot of help with the NA community, since 87Arts wasn't too good with English and he had some problems with selling them via Ebay (I think? I could be wrong about the Ebay part, it's been 7 years, I can't remember the details. lol)

I can recall it being something like 70+ bucks for the standard edition? 

4 minutes ago, BouncekDeLemos said:

I can't remember how I got mine either. I remember there was a lot of help with the NA community, since 87Arts wasn't too good with English and he had some problems with selling them via Ebay (I think? I could be wrong about the Ebay part, it's been 7 years, I can't remember the details. lol)

I think it was $60 shipped. I remember cause I thought it was crazy considering where it was being shipped from.

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, BouncekDeLemos said:

56 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

I think it was $60 shipped. I remember cause I thought it was crazy considering where it was being shipped from.

Found my PayPal receipt.  $49 shipped.

JHZ2Ihf.jpg

Edited by JamesRobot
  • Like 1

lol! Dang! Even cheaper coming from China!!

It's been so long, I don't know why I'm thinking 70 (I was guessing 74ish?)

Tried to look back in my records, but I didn't have a bank back then, and my Paypal only goes as far back as a few years ago.

I'll check my email records for receipts since I never really delete anything there. It's a mess though, dunno if I can find anything. 😅