IGNORED

WATA / VGA Grade Ratios

kell

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The market is way too unstable for numbers to mean much right now IMO. A 9.2 A+ Final Fantasy sold for $4300 a week before a 9.2 A Final Fantasy sold for $2300. I can't imagine there's a $2000 difference between an A and an A+. It was "The Carolina Collection", yes, but that's just further madness added to the market.

Edited by DefaultGen

23 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

The market is way too unstable for numbers to mean much right now IMO. A 9.2 A+ Final Fantasy sold for $4300 a week before a 9.2 A Final Fantasy sold for $2300. I can't imagine there's a $2000 difference between an A and an A+. It was "The Carolina Collection", yes, but that's just further madness added to the market.

Whenever I see a pedigreed "collection," I can't help but chuckle. It's literally just marketing speak invented by the seller and grading/auction companies to make more money. It's kind of like generations. Somehow advertising execs got us to care so much about generations that we argue about which target demographic we belong to (obviously generations have some value for sociology studies, but I digress).

6 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Whenever I see a pedigreed "collection," I can't help but chuckle. It's literally just marketing speak invented by the seller and grading/auction companies to make more money. It's kind of like generations. Somehow advertising execs got us to care so much about generations that we argue about which target demographic we belong to (obviously generations have some value for sociology studies, but I digress).

That's what a Gen Xer would say

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

Yeah, I've seen large variance on games for years depending on a variety of factors.  However, was wondering with grading becoming much more common if it would reduce some of that variability since condition is such a huge factor in the resale variance. 

Anyone want to start a "Collection"? 😀

Edited by kell