IGNORED

HELP! Game not listed anywhere?!

Someone...Anyone...PLEASE HELP S.O.S I have recently acquired a copy of Super Mario Strikers for the Nintendo GameCube but this is a “Not For Resale” copy?!? I know it’s Canadian in origin. I’ve found 1 image online of a “Super Mario Strikers Super Pak” that included the console and the game which I’m assuming this game came from but NOTHING else at all! No copies of this game for sell (except mine on Ebay) none recently sold, No YouTube unboxing videos, absolutely 0 other information and no one knows and I’m reaching hard. Can anyone please fill me in? Curious to the rarity of it. Thanks 

5128E5DD-0B38-4887-BC19-75FBF3161941.jpeg

55960BE5-EFFB-48C1-92FE-5003CFC568CC.jpeg

If it has NFR on the box, it probably means it came as a console pack-in, special edition, or multi-pack. So you are probably right about it being a pack-in. 

I have no clue where console variations gets the production estimates from but they guess 5-10k were made. https://consolevariations.com/variation/console/gamecube-super-mario-strikers-bundle

I need to find out if there was a US release, if it was fairly common elsewhere, etc. I’m wanting to sell it probably, have it currently listed but honest to God don’t know what a fair price would be for just the copy of the game? I don’t like to compare it to the other bundle Not For Resale Games because I believe it to be more rare but I’m lost. Hoping someone will reach out that really really knows. I sincerely appreciate y’alls input on everything! Thanks for the comments and info I’ve gotten. Cool site!

As far as I can tell and as far as i know, there was never a pack in or not for reseale released in the states, just Canada. Kinda like how there's a players choice not for resale mario sunshine that was only released in Canada. For some reason they got quite a few variants up there that the states didn't 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, MrRed423 said:

I know it’s a shoot from the hip kinda thing but anyone have an idea of what it could fetch $ wise? & I know it’s not Nintendo gold lol but keeping in mind this particular bundle never saw a US release 

Variants like this are hit or miss. Either no one will care and itll go for the price of any other normal version of the game, or someone will pay a little extra because they're going for variants. You could maybe get an extra 10 or 15 bucks out of someone who wants all the nfr games but I think it's very unlikely you'll make any more profit than you would if it wasn't not for resale to be honest. Most people don't care about gamecube variants (although I totally do lol)

That’s what I initially thought and you could very well be right. I know it’s not something that’s going to be of ridiculous value or anything, I get that and NFR games on an average usually fetch a few more bucks but not much. You can get online and type in Smash, Double Dash, Pokémon XD NFR anytime of the day though and your a click away from having it delivered to your door but someone wanting a NFR Strikers? Good luck lol It wasn’t even registered on Pricecharting until they accepted my copy as a variant and Pricechartings been around for awhile now and there’s not that much info on the bundle out there so I’m assuming that particular bundle got a limited run for whatever reason but I’m unsure. No copies listed or sold, nothing. You’d be hard pressed to find another copy of this game that’d be compatible for a US console or one at all from what I can find. It could just be valued around the same as the others but curious. Thanks again for everyone’s input 

As mentioned, Mario Sunshine had a very similar release. I personally think they are Quebec exclusives. They're really not worth much. It took me a few years to track down a Mario Sunshine 'greatest hits' NFR and then a few popped up for a slight premium and were unsold last I checked. No one really cares about Canadian exclusives that much. I'd imagine both this and Sunshine are quite uncommon but it's not gonna be reflected in price as there is so little demand, if any.

You beat me to it lol thanks for posting. Please feel free to check out the rest of my rarer retro stuff...just sayin lol I guess since this will be the first recorded sold copy what it sells for now will be currently what it’s worth lol Thanks I appreciate the input guys. I personally believe the game will go up in value and that’s not me being bias because I’m trying to sell it lol I received a personal email from JJ Hendricks himself saying that he’s never heard of it. 

• 2 months later...

I just came across this topic while doing some research online, so I hope nobody minds if I revive it. Does anyone know the value of the complete in box Gamecube bundle for this Super Mario Strikers Super Pak? I haven't been able to find any listings of it online at all. I still have mine from when I got it in Canada roughly 15 years ago. I have the Gamecube, the box, and the game, along with all manuals as far as I can tell. Even the plastic wrap for the console.

I'm not exactly looking to sell, but I'm curious if there's been a valuation of it in recent history? I can post photos is people need to see it, but there's a rough image online here: https://consolevariations.com/variation/console/gamecube-super-mario-strikers-bundle

On 3/30/2020 at 8:35 AM, foldor said:

I just came across this topic while doing some research online, so I hope nobody minds if I revive it. Does anyone know the value of the complete in box Gamecube bundle for this Super Mario Strikers Super Pak? I haven't been able to find any listings of it online at all. I still have mine from when I got it in Canada roughly 15 years ago. I have the Gamecube, the box, and the game, along with all manuals as far as I can tell. Even the plastic wrap for the console.

I'm not exactly looking to sell, but I'm curious if there's been a valuation of it in recent history? I can post photos is people need to see it, but there's a rough image online here: https://consolevariations.com/variation/console/gamecube-super-mario-strikers-bundle

There isn't a set value since there's never been a public sale. It definitely falls in the category of it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it, whether that be a little or a lot 

• 3 weeks later...
Administrator · Posted
23 minutes ago, Benobot99 said:

I have one! Up here in Ontario, Canada. I'm hoping it'll be worth as much as a Donkey Kong 64 NFR someday, unlikely I know.

I can't imagine it ever being equivalent to a sought after N64 NFR. Canadian console pack-ins aren't exactly... well sought after.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1